Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I hope a better tomorrow isn't the last group album

Default I hope a better tomorrow isn't the last group album

Man they can't let it end like this. But unfortunately I think that was it. With RZA in denial of falling off, members putting money before flag and scheduling conflicts it's a sad deal. I would love to hear at least one good clan album before I leave this world. Oh well guess if I want to hear them at they best I might as keep bumping 36 and forever....lol

Veteran Member

I personally don't see one more group album from them. RZA just isn't into making the kind of beats that many fans want or expect. He has his own vision of how Wu-Tang should sound.

ABT and 8 Diagrams were both pretty good. It wouldn't be that hard for RZA to executive produce a new Wu LP and just get 4th, True and Bronze to make the beats, if RZAs not interested in revisiting that style. It should happen really.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Havent listen to abt. Listened to the snippets and wasnt feeling anything
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

dude u crazy? if there needs to happen one thing its NOT making another clan album

they fell off long time ago. accept that, its over

Would love 2 hear another Clan album done Supreme Clientele style.

There's no wutang 'kind' of beat. 36 chambers sounds nothing like Wutang forever, which sounds nothing like Ironflag and the W (though the latter two sound more alike because they're meh).

So it's not that Rza can't make wutang 'type' of beats, it's that he sucks.
    I hope ABT is the last wutang album. It's getting sad and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by LEX View Post
    Man they can't let it end like this. But unfortunately I think that was it. With RZA in denial of falling off, members putting money before flag and scheduling conflicts it's a sad deal. I would love to hear at least one good clan album before I leave this world. Oh well guess if I want to hear them at they best I might as keep bumping 36 and forever....lol
    it wouldn't surprise me at all if we got another group album in a few years. it's sure not gonna happen very soon tho
    Retired.

my gut says ABT is the last wu-tang album

it's whatever though. I still have more than enough dope Wu-Tang music for a lifetime and never go a day without hearing some

-

LOL@Wu-Beggaz and TSA hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Interesting. I'm glad they put ABT out and would love another album. I actually really like a handful of the ABT tracks. I have no problem only listening to the ones I like and deleting the rest from my computer/Ipod. I only buy the disc to support the artists. I don't actually play it. I can virtually guarantee I would like at least a few tracks if the did another album. I don't give a fuck about their legacy. That's a couple good Wu tracks I don't have now. Therefore, I'm all for it. Fuck a legacy just gimme a few good Wu tracks and fuck the rest that I don't like.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

^^ I also like a lot of tracks on A Better Tomorrow and some others not that much. Unfortunately I'm an album type a guy, so I have to use the skip button more than I would lke to when listening to ABT.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

If Wu dropped another album but kept Rza off the production and just be on as a straight mc, let some outside producers do their thing I'd be willing to give it a chance.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

I'm ok with A Better Tomorrow being their last album. They had a good run. ABT came out pretty decent. 8 diagrams was garbage.

Veteran Member

I've never been a big fan of Hip Hop bands w/ live instruments. I like Tribe Called Quest's hybrid approach of mixing instrumentation with traditional beat production while The Roots has only been a hit-and-miss affair with me.

On A Better Tomorrow, RZA proved he can capture that vintage Wu feel with live instruments. Mistaken Identity is the best example of that and is probably my favorite track on the album -- at least production wise. The sound, that drum, while live, is unmistakably Wu.

Never Let Go is another gem. And the changes on the track show RZA growth as a producer. He didn't just let the musician play a static beat with no changes from beginning to end. Check out how the beat changes when RZA comes in on Never Let Go. Or how Mistaken Identity changes when Meth jumps on it and again when U-God comes in before going back to original sound. Again, however RZA managed to get that acoustic, raw sound from a live drum is awesome -- maybe he mic'ed the drum a certain way.

Anyway, while I love the classic Wu sound on tracks like Crushed Egos and Necklace, I give props to RZA for showing his growth as a producer and bringing some grown-up sophistication to the Wu sound. Too bad too many of us could not come along with him.

If this is the Wu last album as group, I AM OK WITH IT.
    Last edited by Wu-Disciple; 10-06-2015 at 09:54 PM.