Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I hope a better tomorrow isn't the last group album

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

It's not ONLY about illegal downloading, it's about more. Read what I write.

Its also about saving the rainforest right? I must have fallen asleep during one of your speeches on how great your idea is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Its also about saving the rainforest right?
    haha

Chief Raoni's wife wasn't too happy when the old man said he was going down on her again that night

that's when she decided to switch huts with Sting

yeah 1989 is definitely the year saving the rainforest went awry
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-17-2015 at 04:33 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Its also about how to get rich/famous quick @ the expense of someone else's legacy? I must have fallen asleep during one of your speeches on how great your idea is.
    Fixed

God I missed you guys.

Banned

The one album concept isn't original btw

I really don't care if Wu-Tang do or don't make another album. Their legacy to me is 36 Chambers to The W and everything in between ask group and solo artists. There are a many classics, many dope LP's and a few so-so ones in that 7 or so year period. We don't need 36 chambers re-styled in 2015 and beyond. Their legacy isn't ruined just like nobody remembers the garbage say Black Sabbath or The Rolling Stones have put out since the late 1970's until now, they get remembered for their good shit because they proved it.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Ringz still trying to get that Warcloud verse on there, hence the delay.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Ringz, I understand you came with this idea from the heart and as a true fan. But when will you admit, you may have got some of this wrong ? Or will your pride get in the way, and stop you from admitting that ?.

Think about it for a sec......These guy's gave you a chance, and now your willing to trash their groups legacy and alienate their fans, all so you can prove you were right ? Dude, eveyone would respect you more, if you admitted you messed up a bit, but were really trying to correct it.

Serious post !

Peace

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Ringz, I understand you came with this idea from the heart and as a true fan. But when will you admit, you may have got some of this wrong ? Or will your pride get in the way, and stop you from admitting that ?.

Think about it for a sec......These guy's gave you a chance, and now your willing to trash their groups legacy and alienate their fans, all so you can prove you were right ? Dude, eveyone would respect you more, if you admitted you messed up a bit, but were really trying to correct it.

Serious post !

Peace
    You really think this guy has any impact on th wu legacy? Its 2015 noone cares about wu except hard core fans. Their legacy was cemented with 1st round of solos, first 2 wu albums and affiliate work in the late 90s.
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post

Serious post !

Peace
    I don't see how I'm trashing a legacy while a significant number of folks, from fans to artists to institutions, boards, blogs and whatnot have embraced this as a great idea. Sure, there are many that don't like the idea as well (see this board), but isn't that the way of the world? You can't please them all.

As far as the Clan, if you think I can pull any old stunt I want without RZA's backing, you're living in la la land. The first thing we did before coming out with this concept was discuss it with each and every Clan member first. And only after we felt we had a positive majority, did we go ahead.

Now it could be that some of the negative lash back from the web might have reversed that enthusiasm in some of the Clan members, but that doesn't mean it's damaging their legacy or that I'm responsible for it. That's a very short minded assumption.

In the end, after this concept went viral, they still sell out concerts worldwide, still sell records, still get the interest of media and everyone on this board. If anything, the impact of the one copy concept has garnered more interest than anything Wu related since 1997. That's a statistical fact, not a personal urge for braggadocio.

Serious answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I don't see how I'm trashing a legacy while a significant number of folks, from fans to artists to institutions, boards, blogs and whatnot have embraced this as a great idea. Sure, there are many that don't like the idea as well (see this board), but isn't that the way of the world? You can't please them all.

As far as the Clan, if you think I can pull any old stunt I want without RZA's backing, you're living in la la land. The first thing we did before coming out with this concept was discuss it with each and every Clan member first. And only after we felt we had a positive majority, did we go ahead.

Now it could be that some of the negative lash back from the web might have reversed that enthusiasm in some of the Clan members, but that doesn't mean it's damaging their legacy or that I'm responsible for it. That's a very short minded assumption.

In the end, after this concept went viral, they still sell out concerts worldwide, still sell records, still get the interest of media and everyone on this board. If anything, the impact of the one copy concept has garnered more interest than anything Wu related since 1997. That's a statistical fact, not a personal urge for braggadocio.

Serious answer!
    Like I posted earlier I don't have a beef with that album but another album needs to come out to rectify the previous two. Something man. A compilation at least...lol..go run and tell RZA that..

Serious reply!!!!!

i support the idea. It's innovative and smart. If this was 92 and a young robert digs came up to you and sad

"Bdbdbdbdbdb aye yo, I'm about to have a song with eight niggas, no chorus bhbhbhbhbhbh"

as he did to many people, you probably would have scoffed it if you think making a wutang album and singular piece of million dollar art is in any way shape or form a 'bad idea'.

The only issue with the concept is the album will suck because everyone in wutang is old and tired. They also fucked up dropping an album (a shitty one) in the middle of introducing this idea, so everyone thinks it's 'already happened' and the story is dead.

Its not that hard to realize releasing an album no one will hear is a bad idea
    well...true. also, I think Cilva is more of a businessman than a producer. I believe he even got a college degree in business. so he's thinking differently. it may not be the way we want him to think, but that's the way it is. I think people would be less focused on Cilva's album if ABT wasn't such a piece of crap. the critics were right; it really is a bad record. so the last Wu album leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, and that makes fans even more bitter about the Cilva situation.

More to the point, I think people are REALLY pissed off that Cilva changed his mind about the album's direction near the end of it. It was obvious that Shaolin was meant to be a general release, but something happened that changed Cilva's mind. So the one-copy concept didn't come about until much later. I really wish Cilva hadn't changed his mind about that, but I know why he did it...he thought the album would get attention for a few weeks upon release and then quickly disappear. I even liked the art museum concept, but then the 88 years thing went overboard

Banned

Its not that hard to realize releasing an album no one will hear is a bad idea
    Admiral Crumple has been doing it for 10 years
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Admiral Crumple has been doing it for 10 years