2. Brick $ell Phone
3. Slow Drip
4. 1999
5. Land of the Laced
6. Closer (ft. MondreMAN)
7. Push the Line
8. '92 Gator
9. Passion (ft. Main Attrakionz)
10. Bout That Life (ft. J. Folks & Chippy Nonstop)
11. Power (ft. J. Folks)
12. Another 1 Goes Down (ft. Hollywood Squadda & Shady Blaze)
13. Ice Cold Island
14. Hemsworth Outro (Prod. by Ryan Hemsworth)

Right at the start of the album we see the different rapping styles 100s has. The first song, My Activator, involves some really fast paced rapping with very few pauses. Brick $ell Phone, the second track, possesses a much slower tempo to the rapping with 100s trying to deliver his bars more and punctuate certain lines. It's an enjoyable experience from both styles, and not all rappers are able to bring that across when they try to switch it up. Through the 14 track tape, we see 100s utilize different techniques of rapping to keep everything fresh and original.

Throughout the entire tape, listeners are treated to some really relaxed and melodic beats that you’d have to imagine were inspired from some serious blunt smoking sessions. In a generation that is so big on whatever “bangers” are, it’s really refreshing to hear a rapper who was interested in releasing something original and different. We have a slower and more relaxed rebirth of G-Funk scattered throughout. G-Funk fans may be looking for something a little bit more bouncy, but for those people who love to kick up their feet and completely phase out, this album will become the creed to your chill.

We also hear a mesh between some more old school sounds and some modern ones. Everything feels ‘digital’, which is a common sound we hear nowadays, but it also takes some influence from the electronica of the 80s.

One of my favourite tracks from Ice Cold Perm, which is a great name by the way, is Bout That Life. The only downside in the song is this “Chippy Nonstop” girl sounds like she’s about 14, and when she’s saying she will “Suck your dick and make you cum cause she’s bout that life” it made me think two things, 1. I hope this girl is of age and 2. That’s really the life you’re “bout”? Even Lil Kim wasn’t that forward……lol no she was.

The entire album seems to get stronger and stronger for me the longer it goes on. The last 5 songs are probably my favourite from the whole tape; Bout That Life, Power, Another 1 Goes Down, Ice Cold Island and Hemsworth Outro.

As a side note, 100s has won me over just by using a “Gator don’t play no shit” quote from The Other Guys. What a great film. There’s also a quote from another hilarious movie, Due Date.

Overall, a really solid album. If I’m correct 100s has sort of given up this style of music and is doing something else under a different name and isn’t really rapping too much anymore but I feel this an extremely strong debut mixtape from the Californian rapper.

7/10