Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, Say World Health Organisatio

Veteran Member

Default Bacon And Sausages As Big A Cancer Threat As Cigarettes, Say World Health Organisatio

The World Health Organisation is planning to declare that bacon, sausages and other processed meats cause cancer.

The announcement is expected to list the fry-up favourites in the same category as arsenic, asbestos and cigarettes.

Red meat will also be declared “probably carcinogenic to humans”, and will be ranked as only slightly less dangerous than preserved products, according to a Daily Mail source.

Processed meat, which include pastrami, salami, hot dogs and some types of sausages is made by smoking, curing, salting or adding preservatives.
    The World Cancer Research Fund said: “There is strong evidence that eating a lot of these foods [red and processed meat] increases your risk of bowel cancer.”

Bowel cancer is the second most common cancer in Europe and the third most common worldwide, according to Cancer Research UK.

It is also the second most common cause of cancer deaths in the UK, accounting for ten per cent of all deaths from cancer.

The NHS website says that evidence shows there is “probably a link between eating red and processed meat and the risk of bowel cancer”.

“People who eat a lot of these meats are at higher risk of bowel cancer than those who eat small amounts,” it adds.

According to the Mail, the decision by the WHO was made following a meeting and review of available evidence by scientists from ten nations including the UK.

But the decision, expected to be announced on Monday, could have a serious financial impact on farmers and the food industry.

Betsy Booren, of the North American Meat Institute, said recently: “If they determine that red and processed meat causes cancer – and I think they will – that moniker will stick. It could take decades and billions of dollars to change that.”

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/bacon-saus...083910518.html

-

I love sausage and bacon. I don't eat them often but I like them. There's some food that can cause health problems like diabetes. People that eat a lot of sweets like pies, cakes and candy can eventually get diabetes. Diabetes can cause you to be blind and lose your feet and legs. Marvin Isley of r&b group The Isley Brothers had diabetes and he lost his legs before he died. My aunt's husband in Cleveland had diabetes before he died. My dad told me I'm gonna get diabetes when I get old because I eat sweets often like ice cream and cheesecake. I also drink juice like fruit punch and lemonade. I hope when I get old that I don't get diabetes but if I do, then oh well. Most people are gonna have a health issue when they get old and you can't prevent that. That's just the way it is and most people are gonna die from having a health issue. People can eat healthy, exercise, never eat meat, never smoke and never drink alcohol and they could still have a health issue when they die.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

the sun is even more carcinogenic. who cares?

-

You don't know what carcinogenic means LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I love sausage and bacon. I don't eat them often but I like them. There's some food that can cause health problems like diabetes. People that eat a lot of sweets like pies, cakes and candy can eventually get diabetes. Diabetes can cause you to be blind and lose your feet and legs. Marvin Isley of r&b group The Isley Brothers had diabetes and he lost his legs before he died. My aunt's husband in Cleveland had diabetes before he died. My dad told me I'm gonna get diabetes when I get old because I eat sweets often like ice cream and cheesecake. I also drink juice like fruit punch and lemonade. I hope when I get old that I don't get diabetes but if I do, then oh well. Most people are gonna have a health issue when they get old and you can't prevent that. That's just the way it is and most people are gonna die from having a health issue. People can eat healthy, exercise, never eat meat, never smoke and never drink alcohol and they could still have a health issue when they die.
    Do you like turkey hill lemonade?

-

No Check Two. Satan, it's hard for most people to avoid eating meat. I love meat but I don't eat it often. Sometimes i'll eat bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy's like I'm gonna do today LOL. Sometimes i'll eat Bob Evans sausage. I went to Bob Evans restaurant last Sunday to have French toast and sausage patties and I hadn't been there in a long time. I went to Applebee's restaurant last Sunday and had a bacon cheeseburger with French fries.

what kind of lemonade and fruit punch do you like?

I've never liked bacon. It smells alright when cooking though.

-

Lemonade, grape juice and fruit punch I buy is from a grocery store called Food Lion and they make the juices. It's very good. I've tasted Turkey Hill's lemonade and it's good but I like Food Lion's lemonade better.

Banned

But he correctly used the word :-/
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    the sun is even more carcinogenic. who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    But he correctly used the word :-/
    I guess skin cancer is beyond CJ's mental comprehension.

'

Lmao at the mentioning of eating cheesecake.

Who the hell makes time in their schedule to eat cheesecake on a regular basis? Maybe it pairs nicely with foot fetish videos.

I read that article whilst eating one of these beauties...

DAYUM DAYUMMM DAYUMMMMM!

On October 26th, Yahoo News Live delves into the World Health Organization’s recent report linking red and processed meats to heightened cancer risks.

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ya...153237187.html

Banned

Alcohol and tobacco are a greater risk of cancer than red meat lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Alcohol and tobacco are a greater risk of cancer than red meat lol
    Agreed, We're also constantly breathing in dodgy shit from vehicles, eating all kinds of poisonous added shit in foods, drinking water contaminated with heavy metals and added chemicals.. and they going to label bacon as deadly... yeah that crispy slice of bacon accompanied by a delectable fried egg and toast before I go to work in the morning is really something I should be terrified of....