Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KTL member to start his own 'country' in area of Utah

Default KTL member to start his own 'country' in area of Utah

- Man creates 'sovereign nation' in Utah

A New York man is building his own sovereign nation called Zaqistan on a remote piece of land in Utah.

Zaq Landsberg has created a yellow-and-red flag, official-looking passports and a border patrol gate guarded by a giant robot sentry for the realm, KSL-TV reported (http://bit.ly/1Lo0yHk ).

"The conceptual goal is I want it to become a real country," said Landsberg, its president. "I mean, that goal is not going to happen. It's impossible, but going through the motions, (I'm) trying to make that happen."

He's even created a motto for the land of Zaqistan: "Something from nothing."

When he bought the sage-brush covered stretch of Utah backcountry a decade ago, the city-dwelling Landsberg was amazed at how removed it was. It's about 60 miles from the nearest town and 15 miles away from a paved road.

While he calls the area harsh and desolate, it's also appealing.

"Out here, it's not that crazy of an idea to have your own little spot, and to do your own thing and to have your own space and the privacy to do that," said Landsberg, who's hesitant to reveal the exact location of Zaqistan for fear of people getting lost trying to find it.

While he knows the 4-acre piece of land equipped with a supply bunker won't actually become its own recognized country, Lansdsberg said building it is an artistic exploration in how far he can push the concepts of land ownership and sovereignty.

"My goal is to, like, probe those little areas," Landsberg said. "To try and find what that does mean."

He pays property taxes to Box Elder County, about 160 miles north of Salt Lake City, though he refers to the payments as tributes. He wants to make his little nation look legitimate. The passports look and feel real, and visitors like his friend Mike Abu can get them stamped as they enter and exit the country.

"Legitimacy is one of those things that's fairly subjective to begin with," Abu said. "But when we're talking about it, does it exist? There's no question about it."

wacky mormons doing wacky things

btw how is it that mormons get their own state, but Native Americans and black Americans have to live in reservations and ghettos? I can't even think of any other religion in America that has its own state

it's been done so many times before

lots of interesting stories there btw

none of these countries get official recognition of course. some of them recognize each other haha, that's about it
    Retired.

It didn't say he's a mormon? People are required to live on reservations and in ghettos?

'

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybarz View Post
    wacky mormons doing wacky things

btw how is it that mormons get their own state, but Native Americans and black Americans have to live in reservations and ghettos? I can't even think of any other religion in America that has its own state
    Mormons don't get their own state lol. Just because the majority of them live there, doesn't mean they call the shots and have the green light to impose their own form of governance on anyone within proximity. They have some ability to shape public policy because of strength in numbers, but that's just the natural order of things. You might as well be asking why hispanics get California or Blacks get Alabama, etc, etc. Comparing religious groups like Mormons or the Amish and their endevours to entire demographics of other races is just bizarre. They already have self-segrated from the majority of caucasian Americans. The NOI is striving to do the same thing but probably needs an influx of skilled trade workers, so they can go build a weird ass community in some fly-over state no one wants to live in.

'

Ha and for the guy in the article.. Sounds like a good place for knewcheeze and projectillogic to call home.

Knewcheeze could grow himself a little desert spice garden and bathe in a repurposed oil drum when he isnt working up a sweat chasing scorpians & coyotes. He could even fertilize his crops with the mucus of mormon children.

Projectillogic could bury an old soviet submarine and use it as his live-in bunker. He could spend the rest of his adult life looking out of a periscope for nsa microchipped vultures.

No Father to my stench

Default ffffffffff

well...it won't be in utah...it'll be on the shenandoah river...but come on buddy, you so obvious eye know this is your indirect way of asking if you can visit...so shy...but before eye give mah answer, respectfully eagle eye...wasn't it you who posted up in general chat disclosing knowledge about your method for making your body odor more offensive.....or did eye dream that shit? not sure...om hanging out with Vanessa Huxstable's husband quite often these days

om just saying...putrid body odor might fly in Penn-syllvanian family but not here in VA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMq4fhNkac

'

More like making body odor 'more seductive'. Eye see it's worked. Sorry to disappoint, but eye live very far west from your Deliverence style shanty commune. Check two might be available for a quick spoon sesh eye thinks.

No Father to my stench

Default fffffffff

oh eye cee whats going on here...and you tell Cyrano De Bergerac over there the answer is no...no Horus and Seth shit poppin noff!!!!

.......ok....so it wasn't a dabnes brickey induced hallucination....you actually did post that up...back in the bad old days when eye used to masterbate while sliding down the proverbial "downward spiral" many moons ago eye remember eye smelled like a bowl of corn flakes in sum cows milk that sat out in the hot sun all day...respectfully, eye certainly didn't feel "more seductive" smelling like decomposing corn flakes and milk....but if your wifey likes that smell far be it from me to interfere

but yeah sure buddy...if you promise to curtail these types of activities for your visit you welcome to kick it...cee.....was that hard? the big headed doofus ain't so bad once u get to know him

'

Do you talk to your bowl of cornflakes before you eat it?

Mormons were able to ban alcohol in the entire state of Utah. that's.....crazy. and most Americans are drunks, so that's quite an achievement, I must say. no other state could get away with that

Good for them. Getting drunk constantly is quite an accomplishment.

No Father to my stench

Default ffffff

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE EYE View Post
    Do you talk to your bowl of cornflakes before you eat it?
    no

eye don't consume cooked or processed food

'

No cooking in your household huh?

Not even a vegetable casserole?

No Father to my stench

Default fffffffff

om just not interested in preparing time consuming specialty dishes such as a raw vegan casserole

last spring and summer mah daily diet was usually 7.5 pounds of OG black and red grapes in the juicer and a big protein heavy salad for dinner

as a result om craving fresh juiced juice the most and loosing cravings for every other food