Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big L Is My Favorite Rapper

-

Default Big L Is My Favorite Rapper

I was listening to some of his songs on Youtube today and his lyrics blow me away. He was very good and he was better than a lot of rappers. I miss him and I still can't believe he's gone. I know before I had said Canibus was my favorite but now it's Big L and I'm not gonna change my mind. Big L had some good beats on Lifestyles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous album I can't say the same about Canibus on his albums hahahahahahahahaha. I was listening to Big L's All Black, Da Graveyard, No Endz No Skinz and Lifestyles Ov Da Poor and Dangerous songs today and I love those beats.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Canibus was my favorite but now it's Big L and I'm not gonna change my mind.

I was listening to some of his songs on Youtube today and his lyrics blow me away. He was very good and he was better than a lot of rappers. I miss him and I still can't believe he's gone. I know before I had said Canibus was my favorite but now it's Big L and I'm not gonna change my mind.
    "Yo if rap was a game I'd be MVP, the most valuable poet on the M-I-C." - Big L (Flow In Peace)

L is definitely in my top 10 taking into account that my top 5 consists of GZA, Rakim, Guru, 2Pac & Andre 3000 so I definitely understand him being your favorite. L took that Das-EFX delivery and added his own spin to it and really gave 'em hell on the punchlines and wordplay. It's a damn shame that envy and jealousy drive alot of these fatherless males in the hood and in this case it ended up being L's demise when the cats who took him out actually had beef with his brother who was in the box at the time so they bodied L and bodied his brother when he got out. That was definitely a crushing blow to the game, because L had so much promise and potential to live out had he not been taken so early. Just goes to show that sometimes a nigga really can't win for losing. Peace & Blessings.
    Last edited by 19Visionz74; 10-28-2015 at 08:28 PM.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Dudes still trying to pretend bis doesn't have dope production, ok.

Full album produced by stoupe.
    Full album produced by bronze nazareth.

Since 05 had production from

Domingo
    Dj Premiere
    Scram jones
    D.R Period
    Jake One
    Nottz
    Shuko
    Moss
    Sicknature
    Engineer
    Da Beatminerz
    C OF TRANQUILITY DROPPING OCTOBER 5TH 2010

Big L was a superb lyricist no doubt, and i think he had the potential to blow up big if he had been able to finish "The Big Picture" and get it properly released... i remember being totally knocked out by "Ebonics" and "Size 'Em Up" back when those first dropped, such a shame that he left us so early. same with Dilla, it seemed they had so much potential left in them..

Big L has so many hilarious freestyles that it's still amazing to go back and dig them up. i love the shit he did over "Motherless Child" for example, classic verse.

CharlesJones - have you heard the songs and demos that were left off the "Lifestylez" album? some crazy stuff there as well:

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

-

No I haven't heard those Claaa7 except Clinic(Shoulda Worn A Rubba). Thanks for posting them. 19Visionz74, the black men that Big L's brother owed money to, they beat up his brother when he got outta prison or they killed him?

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^ why do you have to stress that everybody is white or black, aren't we all simply men or women? in some cases it can be justified but i don't think i ever seen you describe another human being without the mention of their skin color, wtf man...

but yeah, L's brother was released in 2002 and was killed close to the street where L was murdered. Leeroy's killer was convicted to 36 years so it is possible that Big L's killer is behind bars

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

haha

(^ this was pretty cool though, commercial for "The Big Picture")

(DAMN i never saw this before, sick, sick sick!!!! i wonder what the fuck happened to Ron Browz, his early beats for Big L was absolutely smashing but since then i have barely heard a track from him that i liked)

(rarely heard J Dilla remix of "Flamboyant", premiered by J. Rocc in a DJ tribute set)
    Last edited by claaa7; 10-29-2015 at 01:43 PM.

-

Wow that's sad that Big L's brother was killed. That's what happens when you owe people money but they should've killed his brother instead before they killed Big L. I miss Big L. I was just listening to his All Black song on Youtube. That beat is hard. I notice that Big L talked about doing crime and killing black men on his songs and that's not cool but I know that's what happens in black neighborhoods. It's very rare that I hear rappers say that black men need to get jobs and don't do crime to get paid. It seems like too many rappers promote doing crime to get paid instead of telling black men to get jobs which is the right way to get paid. So many brothers die young doing crime and that's sad. It's sad that we've lost so many good rappers early.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

I'm the type to snap in Heaven with a Mac-11 and rape Christ. great line
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

his career is similar to Big Pun. but Pun had the stronger debut record by far. both of their second records turned out to be...different

^ i'm not sure i would put "Capital Punishment" over "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous", perhaps by a little bit but both albums are amazing to me... the thing with L's album is that it sounded a bit dated for 1995 when it was released, which i guess is why it didn't make more noise. much of the album was recorded between 1992 and 1993 but i fucking love the rawness and darkness on that LP and L's rhymes were on point like crazy... Pun's debut is unbelivable too tho of course.

however "The Big Picture" is like 100 times better than Pun's "Yeeah Baby", an album which pointed towards a strong chance of Pun having an album catalouge similiar to that of Fat Joe had he lived.. it should also be noted that Punisher actually completed his second album while Big L's second album was between 50% and 75% done from what i heard. there's nothing as strong as "Ebonics", "Size 'Em Up", "Platinum Plus" and "The Triboro" on Pun's 2nd LP

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ i'm not sure i would put "Capital Punishment" over "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous", perhaps by a little bit but both albums are amazing to me... the thing with L's album is that it sounded a bit dated for 1995 when it was released, which i guess is why it didn't make more noise. much of the album was recorded between 1992 and 1993 but i fucking love the rawness and darkness on that LP and L's rhymes were on point like crazy... Pun's debut is unbelivable too tho of course.
    I always wondered this, good to know. It really does sound like an early ninties album as opposed to what was coming by 95.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man