Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: III:Temples of Boom twenty year anniversary..

Loving this thread... it's made me go back and listen to a lot of the old Cypress stuff.

I'm a big Soul Assassins fan, used to have an ill collection of Soul Assassins shit, I sold most of it a while back though. Still got a few pieces.

Can't wait for that new Cypress album to drop! And I wish Muggs would hurry up and drop the Muggs/Meyhem Lauren collab!!

That Last Assassin track was also on The Cable Guy soundtrack. Never realised it was a bonus track on Soul Assassins 1 as well.

Looking forward to Sick Jacken's new album Psychodelic too!!

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I don't agree

Why ? Is it because Latino's take all your jobs or the jobs of good black men ?

Ahahahahaahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Sickdog - have you heard King Tech's remix of the Fugees/Cypress version of "Boom Biddy Bye Bye", very smooth mix but i can't find it on YouTube though i can upload the Mp3 if you don't have it
    yeah, i remeber this, i think i have it on my harddrive. dope remix.

i love all remixes from TOB era... illusions - trumpet mix,muggs remix,q tip remix. throw your set in the air - club remix, slow roll remix.

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    BTW - is it okay if i upload that Diamond D remix on The Lost Tapes, i kind of specialize in DITC stuff over there, of course i'll give you the credit
    ofc its ok, ppl must hear this shit. i still remember how i was surprised then i heard it few years ago, it was like new shit, never heard version b4. i wasn't planing listen to this cd at all, just bought ir for collection, but then i heard it i was mad happy about this gem.

Sickdog - thanks a lot bro, i'm very excited about this remix too.. wish i knew about it when i interviewed Diamond D about some of his rarer productions and works a while back..

co-sign about this thread being Gold, made me blast some mid-'90s Cypress stuff as well... i was just listening to the "Unreleased & Revamped" EP the other day - that is a really, really classic EP.. the "Boom Biddy Bye Bye" Fugees remix was one of the first Cypress joints i truly fell in love with

i noticed that that "Last Assassin" song from the Japanese DJ Muggs / S.A. album also appeared on the soundtrack to "The Cable Guy" in 1996. other Cypress songs from the "III" era i found out about includes "Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up" from the 'Friday' soundtrack, "I Love You Mary Jane" and "Real Thing" from Judgement Night OST..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yeah classick joints. u know about gostriders and freak tha funk right ?

this one of the dopest tracks from that era... dat beat... damn..

as for unreleased & revamped, yeah very dope LP... WHATTA U KNOW is fuckin banger, can listen to it non stop. love the beat and how Breal flows on this track. super dope.

I've put together a little playlist of Temples of Boom era tracks that I've been tagging on to the end of the album...

Have I missed anything...???

01. Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up
    02. Illusions (Muggs Remix)
    03. Throw Your Set In The Air (Slow Roll Remix)
    04. Freak Tha Funk
    05. Cross Fire (Ghost Rider)
    06. Throw Your Set In The Air (Club Mix)
    07. Ice Cube Killa
    08. Boom Biddy Bye Bye (Fugees Remix)
    09. Throw Your Hands In The Air feat. Def Squad & MC Eiht

Cypress Hill, and Muggs in particular, were on fire in 1995!! Everything is fuckin' blazing!!

There's also a track called 'Da-Da-Da' from the Soul Assassins Classic & Exclusive mixtape. The intro on the track says it's unreleased '95 shit but it sounds a bit different to the Temples of Boom stuff, it hasn't got the same feel.

Peace!

i think u can add lunatic in the grass, shit is from that era for sure.

damn, but its not Muggs... it's from original psycho realm era. but shit is super dope any way.