Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pusha T - 'King Push'

Default Pusha T - 'King Push'

Pusha T unveiled his adidas EQT sneaker in New York City this past Thursday (November 12).

During the event, the newly announced G.O.O.D. Music President also spoke on what fans can expect from his sophomore studio album, King Push: Darkest Before Dawn, including some of the features and producers he’s worked with on the project.

According to The FADER, the album is set to feature guest appearances from Beanie Sigel, A$AP Rocky, The-Dream, Kehlani and Jill Scott; while production is handled by the likes of Kanye West, Timbaland, Q-Tip, Nashiem Myrick, Hudson Mohawke, Boi-1da, and Puff Daddy.

Speaking with The FADER prior to the event, Pusha T said that his new role as label President won’t affect his future releases as his other partnerships, including his one with adidas, have afforded him time to work on music projects.

“I take my time, music isn't a pressure thing for me, it never has been," he said. “I've never been solely dependent on [my music], so I've always had the luxury of taking my time and really putting things together. So when I drop, it's always an event.”

Pusha T continues by saying that G.O.O.D. Music’s eclectic approach is what makes the imprint standout from other record labels.

“The music is a major component, but it's not the focus,” he said. “G.O.O.D. Music is really the only squad that has everybody with successful shoe, clothing-type ventures, things that are going on in the culture. If a record don't come out, that don't mean the kids ain't lining up around the block for shoes, clothes, whatever is associated with us.”
    Retired.

Looks good. Nothing out of the ordinary. I wonder what kind of beat(s) Hudson Mohawke has for him.

Ugly shoes tho.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Two new snippets...

http://dopefile.me/s740y8fi0qow
    http://dopefile.me/fg7qxo6t85qv

He is now dropping 'Darkest Before Dawn' before the King Push album. It will be released on December 18, 2015 and has been described as "a prelude" to the King Push album.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Those snippets sound incredible. Especially the second one. Wow.

I loves me some Pusha T, love the Clipse, all that...BUT I think Push's solo output has been well below what he is capable of. The main problem imo has been his beats and his desire for a commercial smash. With the Clipse he got both hand-delivered to him by an in-his-prime Pharrell. Now that he's forced to manufacture that stuff on his own, it's becoming more apparent how integral Pharrell was to the Clipse's success. This was obvious before, but now the point is being driven home.

Those snippets tho? Sound like ol Pusha Ton has found his groove.

Really? I much prefer Good Music Pusha to Clipse Pusha (lyrically anyway). My Name Is My Name is one my favourite albums in the last 5 years, but I wasn't really feeling the last Clipse album (which had heavy Neptunes input). He has more quotables these days also as he's expanded his subject matter to include more than just coke raps.

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Really? I much prefer Good Music Pusha to Clipse Pusha (lyrically anyway). My Name Is My Name is one my favourite albums in the last 5 years, but I wasn't really feeling the last Clipse album (which had heavy Neptunes input). He has more quotables these days also as he's expanded his subject matter to include more than just coke raps.
    Lyrically he's as good as ever imo, but as far as beats a lot of his shit is weak.

All three of these -- 25% of the album -- are wack songs with wack beats. This is without going into the two tapes he dropped.

Both of those songs dropped, and they're both fire.

Pusha T has a classic solo album in him imo. if he keeps on putting out albums it's bound to happen sooner rather than later

My Name Is My Name had some top notch songs (nosetalgia, numbers on the board etc) although there was some fat to be trimmed. I like Ma$e a lot but the Ma$e impersonation was so spot on it made the whole song weird and it wasn't a top song to begin with lol. personally I was feeling ALL of the production on MNIMN

there's gonna be some heatrocks on the prequel & the new album, I think we're in for a treat
    Retired.

Dude's releasing a film also, dat beat at the end tho...

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    Both of those songs dropped, and they're both fire.

- KP -

- KP -

I'm super hype for this

I'm just gonna wait till the whole thing drops.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Another new track...

- KP -

albums leaked

^ It's available legally.

3 tracks in. Loving what I'm hearing so far.

De mijne is 4x duurder!