Thread: De La Soul Announces Release Date For Forthcoming Album

Default De La Soul Announces Release Date For Forthcoming Album

De La Soul announced yesterday (November 20) that its forthcoming album, And The Anonymous Nobody is scheduled for an April 29 release.

De La Soul made a post on its Kickstarter page about the album's progress. More than $600,000 has been raised for the LP through the crowd sourcing website.

"Releasing a record independently has been a real undertaking," the group says. "In addition to artistic satisfaction, the administrative and executive end had to feel right as well. Side artist clearances and appropriating the best distribution for this project has been just as important. With negotiations complete, we are now working on the plan for our awaited release. Thank you all for your patience."

The update also says a song entitled "Train Wreck" will be released in December and the album's first single, "Pain," featuring Snoop Dogg, is expected to drop in February or March.

The album was originally scheduled to be released in September, but was delayed because the group said, "We're digging deep and exhausting every creative possibility we can to make music that'll be worth the wait."

And The Anonymous Nobody will de De La Soul's, which consists of members Posdnous, Trugoy and Maseo, first album in more than 10 years.
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

will cop when it drops, ha ha, i'm gone
    "get money by all means necessary"

-

I'm done with De La Soul because Stakes Is High is the last album by them I liked LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.