Page 24 of 106 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan Secret Album Sold By Paddle8, But To Whom?

Peace CT

The saga continues...... aka the joke continues....... The M-80 thing needs more attention. Dude really offered 3 mil? He probably would have made it available to us, instead we get this scumbag with it. Peace

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    Cilvarings got aids patient money burning a hole in his pocket and the guy who bought it doesn't even give a shit about the work itself

"saving it for a rainy day" lol

RZA lying saying the buyer wanted to remain anonymous lol

Cilva/RZA being forced to go through with the sale after this guys unethical business practices exposed lol

The buyer basically laughing in their faces saying they were scrambling to cover their butts lol

The list goes on and on

I have people at my work all asking me if I knew who bought this mysterious wu-tang album and everyone cracking jokes about it being this drug company scumbag lol fucking hilarious
    Hahahaha!! It's all true too.

I honestly doubt that Cilvaringz gives a fuck who bought it as long as the money right but it's not a good look for RZA who's making moves in Hollywood, he's going to have to answer a lot of questions about this for a long time.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Funny how a former massive wu groupie whose life ambition was to be down with the wu would eventually be the one to most likely bury them for good.

This whole thing was a fucking joke from the get go and it couldn't have had a more appropriate conclusion.

Wu Tang died a long time ago and this is the ultimate insult to injury.

Good going, Cilvaringz.

Btw I stopped following this story a long, long thyme ago until someone informed me of this comical conclusion. Just wondering, did the whole museum tour farce ever actually happen?
    Last edited by noel411; 12-09-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Also wtf, is zoorucka Aussie?

Where u from, dunn dunn?

Martin Shkreli
    245 E. 40th St., Apt. 20C
    NY, NY 10016

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON

https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads..._album_part_3/

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz
    It’s not as simple as you think. I’m sitting on what could very well be a Wu-Tang Clan album, a Cilvaringz presents album or a Wu-Tang Killa Beez album. At the same time there’s a business friction within the group stopping it from recording their own actual 20th anniversary album. Verses have been recorded for RZA’s version of the album but not in a cohesive way we’d all like it to be done.
    Now, we all agree, including myself that releasing it under Cilvaringz would seriously undermine the potential of this album. That’s something everybody knows and should remain the very final resort. At the same time you got RZA who will probably not want to release it in its original form because of taste difference or sample clearances or whatever reason. Then there’s the chance that if RZA does take it, you’ll get the backlash from the Clan re: payment/backends as Buddah_Mac described. Furthermore, if RZA takes it Divine will have to be involved and I’m not doing business with Vine for my own personal reasons. Power is also an executive on Clan albums and me and him don’t really talk like that.
    On the other side there’s the investor who has a figure in mind that he wants as an advance if this album is licensed, to which ever party. And that’s fair enough considering it took us well over half a mil to do this.
    So I had to come up with an idea that would allow me to release this album at its full maximum potential if I were not to succeed in doing it with RZA for the price we want.
    That idea is extremely complex, is structured in 9 steps/phases and at the same time very revolutionary. I have no idea how the world is going to react to it. It would allow me to make more of a mark for myself in the music industry, not just because of the musical content on the album but mainly because what I will do with album hasn’t been done since the renaissance days in the 17th century.
    So there’s a big bowl of ideas and ways to go with this. At the moment, I’m concentrating on art work and mastering. Mixing is now 100% done. Yes it took 5 months almost. It’s an intense album, many layers per song, some over 80 tracks.
    Questions remain at this moment…
    Will RZA like the record and take it as a Clan album? Or will he demand a high cut or stop me from releasing if I dont agree with him? Will Divine and Power make demands as well? Will the rest of the Clan stop me from giving it to RZA? Or will I say fuck it all, sue me and carry out my marketing plan, likely risking being kicked out the Wu?
    It’s all still up in the air. That’s why I’m not even thinking about dates. I do know however that all will start in this upcoming month.
    ————————————-
    And the 2nd :
    Cilvaringz wrote :
    I know it’s confusing so let me say it like this. Originally, the album was going to be a Heavy Mentwo for Killer Priest if you can recall me talking about wanting to do that for the longest. That didn’t work out but I kept producing and got into a zone where the beats were really starting to sound proper.
    So then the investor pops up, I get a bunch of money and freedom to make my dream Wu album which wasn’t necessarily a Clan album at that point, nor a Killa Beez compilation. It was more of a combination of both, well the idea was. I just let the beats dictate who I should get on there. That’s how those line ups formed.
    So as we were working and recording, the album started to look like it could be a Clan album. Not a Clan album the general public is used of hearing,** but more of a Clan album that the fans would love to hear,** one where the Clan interacts with the elite killer beez over vintage sounding Clan beats. And so that’s what it became.
    When it became clear that The Clan was having issues in trying to come to terms for a 20th anniversary album, the prospect of my album becoming the Clan’s album became even stronger.
    But RZA was never told about the recording of this album. I had some verses from him that he gave me on some of the beats maybe a month before I actually started working on this. So concepts for songs with RZA were built around what RZA did, not around what I wanted to do or others. That way we kept each song in check.
    I didnt talk to RZA about this on purpose because first of all I hate talking bout what I want to do. I rather say shit when it’s already done. Also, I always like presenting projects completely done. Partly because I don’t want third parties’ interference on the direction of the album, so when an album’s done and mastered there’s not much they can do about it. And secondly, if RZA or whomever did like it, we could immediately go into releasing it and not be held back by “oh we still gotta mix this, or get a photoshoot and bla bla”.
    That’s how I work.
    So regarding RZA, I didn’t really want him to know about it at all, not until I was completely finished. But because they had that disagreement on the tourbus a few weeks back, Raekwon told him about it. Rae is the only one who knows the most about this album.
    The rest recorded verses on beats obviously sticking to the concepts I told them, but not knowing what the outcome of each song would be. For example, Deck wouldn’t know U-God was on the same track as well as Killa, Meth, Red. Nobody knows about this superstar on the track neither, only Redman and Raekwon.
    But I always knew the structure of each song, way before we even recorded it. You must have a final vision of a song before you start on it so you know what you’re working towards.
    So out of loyalty to RZA, considering the minimal chances of the Clan themselves coming to terms for a 20th ann LP, I feel obliged to offer RZA a first option on the album. But RZA could easily not like the album calling it dated, or say too many samples we gotta digitize (which is a no-no), he could want 50% or more (also a no-no). There’s all kinds of possibilities that could happen. I usually do follow his lead and when I don’t agree I still force myself to agree with him cause in the end this is his brand. But not for this album. For this one I’m striving for a 100% of my demands. And for the sake of us, the fans and for the sake of my efforts and for the sake of this brand itself, I have to a point in life where I feel that we as fans can now dictate what is best for this brand, better than the brand holders themselves. As selfish and arrogant as that might seem, I really believe that the fans have a better idea/vision for the prospect of the W, than the Clan themselves. It’s because we know what we want to hear.
    So this meeting with RZA can go well, or it can go sour. If it goes sour it means I will be restricted, mostly legally. I therefore had to build a plan around this possibility in order to safe guard this album’s prospects and maximum potential for if I had to release it myself. That plan became a good idea and at the same time, provided somewhat of a revolutionary aspect to it that could give my name some leverage in the history of music. Could also horribly fail.
    So lets see how it plays out.

FRESH FISH

I've bought every group album from 36 Chambers to A Better Tomorrow, so it does not feel good to be shit on by Cilva & Martin - "Fans aren't buying the albums anyway." Yes, they are. ABT sold over 60,000 copies. That's not nothing.

Yeah, 60,000 copies is less than a million, true. But people have always been bootlegging albums. I'm an old ass motherfucker, and I remember stealing albums in the 90's while buying the ones I loved, which is the same shit I do today, just digital, not physical. And nowadays it's actually easier to buy an album online than steal it. You can skip navigating the torrents with sketchy quality and sketchy torrent apps - it's just a quick click to buy and download, you don't even need to re-enter your credit card number. Other 90's rappers Jay-Z, Nas and Eminem aren't bitching about selling albums, 20 years in the game - perhaps because they're making music that THEIR FANS LIKE so they're buying them? I know - what a crazy idea!

You can't write off Wu-Tang's massive drop in sales from album to album because of "bootlegging." Fans have been disappointed with every Wu-Tang album since Forever - yes, we think Forever is great NOW but how quickly we forget, the disappointment there was at the time. People were comparing it to 36 Chambers and the first run of solos and saying it had too much filler and should have been a single album. Like over half of the Wu-Tang group albums are meh, so only Wu's core fans are buying them. Casual Wu fans aren't going to check out their new group albums if everyone's like "it was ok."

Also, Wu-Tang as a group has never released a "Enter the 36 Chambers 2" or nostalgic throwback album. Perhaps if they did, it would receive critical acclaim and sell better. Don't spite fans for not liking A Better Tomorrow - A Better Tomorrow has little common with the Wu-Tang albums from '93 to '97. It's a whole different sound. If 36 Chambers sounded like A Better Tomorrow, it wouldn't sold the same.
    Last edited by FakeAlias; 12-09-2015 at 11:02 PM.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

what a fucking disaster

can't say Cilva doesn't deserve this

He did a complete about-face on the most devout fans, turning an album made strictly for the diehard fans into.... a "work of art" that garnered attention from all the news outlets while alienating the whole fan base

and now this: the biggest embarrassment in Wu history, overtaking Christbearer's dick-chop by a mile

This album had so much potential, could've really brought the Clan and Cilva so much positive energy HAD WE BEEN ABLE TO HEAR IT.... Instead, now Lex Luthor snatched it up because he thought the "C.R.E.A.M." chorus was dope

smh

Should've released the project only on vinyl or cassette in some exclusive package, keep it HIP HOP, keep it gritty.... Instead he enlisted Cher and FC Barcelona (???) and a built a fancy, shiny metal box for the fucking thing... Disgusting

that Bill Murray stipulation, if real, adds some glimpse of hope and intrigue to the situation but for now this is a traveshamockery and Cilvaringz deserves to have tomatoes thrown at him for the next 88 years

Wow, Cilvaringz must really hate the wu to do this to them, he gave the album to a legit 10 percenter

It reminds me of when the head of the Selena fan club shot and murdered the singer, or when john lennon was shot by a fan turned maniac...these sort of lunatic fans are so eager to impress their idols, they dont realize when they are actually crossing the line and starting to have a negative impact on their idols careers

The irony of it all is that Cilvaringz could of EASILY made 10x the amount of money he sold it for if he woulda just released it as a normal album. He woulda been a top artist in the game, got more money from other artist beyond the wu, coulda got money for touring the album, coulda turned the album into an actual bonding experience that coulda brought the clan together & influenced several albums proceeding it. I mean that would be the NORMAL & SANE thing to do with music you record in the studio...He could of lived offa this album for years much like rae has done with cuban linx. But After taxes, in a few years all the money Cilvaringz got will be spent. & if I know them grimey wu generals, next time they see him Im thinking Cilvaringz is going to have to catch a fade for this one

'