Page 83 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1580

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan Secret Album Sold By Paddle8, But To Whom?

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Ringz, did any Michael Jackson charities receive any donations from the sale?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

No, unfortunately the Heal The World foundation doesn't exist anymore. They were good though.

so no disrespect intended in this post im just wondering if you personally would like it too leak since your objective of a private auction has been met so the general public hear it and if not why?
    Also will it not bother you at all that its never enjoyed by anyone assuming this guy martin has not listened to it at all which i find hard to believe he has not or never will
    Because im sure you began this project with the intention to give the fans the sound they wanted which were your words.
    Again no disrespect but you have not really discussed how you feel about the project and what discussions were made and when.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by zu fam View Post
    so no disrespect intended in this post im just wondering if you personally would like it too leak since your objective of a private auction has been met so the general public hear it and if not why?
    Also will it not bother you at all that its never enjoyed by anyone assuming this guy martin has not listened to it at all which i find hard to believe he has not or never will
    Because im sure you began this project with the intention to give the fans the sound they wanted which were your words.
    Again no disrespect but you have not really discussed how you feel about the project and what discussions were made and when.
    Well first of all thanks for asking your question in a decent fashion. I can't leak it as I don't have a copy any more believe it or not. And no, I'm actually ok with it not being heard. I've bought many CDs in my younger days that I never listened to. I'm more proud to have actually achieved this idea everybody thought was impossible than getting props for two days on blogs and forums for a dope album. I hope that makes sense, but it probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Well first of all thanks for asking your question in a decent fashion. I can't leak it as I don't have a copy any more believe it or not. And no, I'm actually ok with it not being heard. I've bought many CDs in my younger days that I never listened to. I'm more proud to have actually achieved this idea everybody thought was impossible than getting props for two days on blogs and forums for a dope album. I hope that makes sense, but it probably won't.
    But that's your mistake, being obsessed with long lasting mediatic impact. If you're an artist you should just be concerned about making dope art. That's your job and it's extremely important, even when it's unrecognized financially. If your album is that dope there are songs on it that would have a huge impact on a large number of people who love wu tang. The biggest reward an artist can get is people finding strength in warching, reading or listening to their art. A lot of people all over the world go home feeling like shit after a long day's work or even a long day doing nothing, wondering what they're doing it for or why they're still going on when they're unemployed and listen to shit like tearz or drunk game or big poppa or whatever and it makes them feel better.

There might be a song like that on your album, and right now it's being wasted on one human being.

Your position defnitely sucks in a way, but you're the one who chose to make 90's new york hardcore rap when no mainstream audience listens to that shit anymore, and your gimmicky solution doesn't solve anything. It's a shame you won't get the props you desrve financially speaking, actually it's egregious, but the only way you get that back is by sacrifcing your artistic integrity.

Nobody should be shamed for makng money, and for that you should be congratulated, but here you're selling other people's interest in an art piece so you have to expect backlash from those people, and you deserve it. The only reason paintings are sold for millions is so other people won't get to see it, and that's a shame too. Everybody who loves art wishes all people could have a picasso painting in their home. Keats never got props while he was alive, but now his work is never going to be forgotten.

When you're an artist you have to let people judge your work: if it's not considered great, like the last two wu albums, it will be ignored by the maintsream audience for the moment, but taking advantage of a hip hop dynasty and make money off their fan's expectations is not a decent alternative. The irony is you probably made more justice to that dynasty than they did themselves. Art is about universality not exclusivity, that's what vanity is about.

yall got way too many feelings into this
    you don't get that cilva simply doesnt give a shit about art or fans at this point and just wanted to get paid, and finally did? you aren't going to change that, or make him feel guilty, stop tryin lol

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Forreal.

Yall need a job and a girlfriend.
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    you don't get that cilva simply doesnt give a shit about art or fans at this point and just wanted to get paid, and finally did? you aren't going to change that, or make him feel guilty, stop tryin lol
    / Thread

@cilva yea i get that you achieved what you wanted and if no one else wants to admit it or not you put wu-tang on the map again along time since they were in the media let alone all over it but at the same time i have bought CD's that i never listened too but someone did and they enjoyed it i mean if i made you a meal and you barely eat it i would be a bit disappointed let alone if i made something substantial so last question i get you cant leak it but your telling me if this guy leaked it and everyone was loving it you would'nt be a little happy.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's difficult to call on a variety of fronts. The mystique and intrigue it holds right now is because noone can hear it. Thats why this has got so much attention. The fact its only one copy, the price it sold for, the controversial buyer, the FBI tweet, etc. Two years down the line and this is still being discussed heavily. And I find that a great achievement in itself. The longevity its showing in a time of short attention spans. See, as long as its a mystery, people will be interested in it. The minute everyone can touch it, its not interesting anymore. Quentin can announce what was in the Pulp Fiction briefcase tomorrow, and it make headlines. But then, when you'd watch the movie again, the mystique is gone. The secrecy is everything. Show a kid two lollipops, give him and tell him he cannot have the other, which one is he going to want? And as long as you dont give it to him, he'll want it out of curiosity.

This album has enjoyed such fame and noteriety, its public release can only mean disappointment. The anticipation is too high, so just like the Pulp Fiction mystery, or the forbidden lollipop taste, once known, touched, tasted or heard, it will be failure, no matter how great.

Of course Im proud of the work. And I had a bit of feedback that was all positive from folks that heard parts of it at the MoMA, so in that sense Im satisfied already. But the real satisfaction for me was achieving the impossible. Or what was deemed impossible or stupid by many.

Believe it or not, the money was definitely a blessing as a father of two daughters and husband, but the main drive was doing something unique in this uber age. Witholding the record has started so many imteresting debates that have satisfied me beyond the convos I would've gotten for the album.

I developed a concept with RZA that was historical, that got the whole world talking about the Wu again, that got the industry talking, that got the Clan trending on Twitter multiple times, the only times it has ever done so. You might only see whats happening on the boards, but behind the scenes I have had the pleasure of meeting so many interesting folks, some of them heros of mine that saw exactly what I saw in this concept. Sorry if all of the above weighs heavier than positive reviews on Wu-Tang Corp from about 25 active forum members.

I can understand disappointment at not hearing the record, but to tell me what I should do with my music/art because the general definition of it includes that it should be made for the masses to hear/see. Fuck that. I'll make what I want, do with it what I want, how I want, when I want. Thats my right. Nobody owns or controls what I do, as I dont own or control what anybody else does. This is a single copy, whether its fantastic or absolute rubbish, it's a single copy and will remain so. And that it ended up in the hands of the most hated man in America, well, thats what closed envelope bidding does, you cant control who it sells to. Cant cry about it afterwards neither. Simple as that.

Banned

Too many people are way too emotionally invested in this album and it's pathetic to see so many dudes hoping Ringz is depressed or feeling shitty about this, it's just projection of your own feelings tbh it's you dudes that are depressed about this. Move the fuck on.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    Too many people are way too emotionally invested in this album and it's pathetic to see so many dudes hoping Ringz is depressed or feeling shitty about this, it's just projection of your own feelings tbh it's you dudes that are depressed about this. Move the fuck on.
    I think a lot of us are just passionate about this because the W has been a big part of our lives.

Some are taking too far though

Glad it's done. Hope Martin releases it at some point free

Peace

Why are people still moaning about this?....seriously what's done is done...

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    It's difficult to call on a variety of fronts. The mystique and intrigue it holds right now is because noone can hear it. Thats why this has got so much attention. The fact its only one copy, the price it sold for, the controversial buyer, the FBI tweet, etc. Two years down the line and this is still being discussed heavily. And I find that a great achievement in itself. The longevity its showing in a time of short attention spans. See, as long as its a mystery, people will be interested in it. The minute everyone can touch it, its not interesting anymore. Quentin can announce what was in the Pulp Fiction briefcase tomorrow, and it make headlines. But then, when you'd watch the movie again, the mystique is gone. The secrecy is everything. Show a kid two lollipops, give him and tell him he cannot have the other, which one is he going to want? And as long as you dont give it to him, he'll want it out of curiosity.

This album has enjoyed such fame and noteriety, its public release can only mean disappointment. The anticipation is too high, so just like the Pulp Fiction mystery, or the forbidden lollipop taste, once known, touched, tasted or heard, it will be failure, no matter how great.

Of course Im proud of the work. And I had a bit of feedback that was all positive from folks that heard parts of it at the MoMA, so in that sense Im satisfied already. But the real satisfaction for me was achieving the impossible. Or what was deemed impossible or stupid by many.

Believe it or not, the money was definitely a blessing as a father of two daughters and husband, but the main drive was doing something unique in this uber age. Witholding the record has started so many imteresting debates that have satisfied me beyond the convos I would've gotten for the album.

I developed a concept with RZA that was historical, that got the whole world talking about the Wu again, that got the industry talking, that got the Clan trending on Twitter multiple times, the only times it has ever done so. You might only see whats happening on the boards, but behind the scenes I have had the pleasure of meeting so many interesting folks, some of them heros of mine that saw exactly what I saw in this concept. Sorry if all of the above weighs heavier than positive reviews on Wu-Tang Corp from about 25 active forum members.

I can understand disappointment at not hearing the record, but to tell me what I should do with my music/art because the general definition of it includes that it should be made for the masses to hear/see. Fuck that. I'll make what I want, do with it what I want, how I want, when I want. Thats my right. Nobody owns or controls what I do, as I dont own or control what anybody else does. This is a single copy, whether its fantastic or absolute rubbish, it's a single copy and will remain so. And that it ended up in the hands of the most hated man in America, well, thats what closed envelope bidding does, you cant control who it sells to. Cant cry about it afterwards neither. Simple as that.
    Yeah that makes sense, and at the end of the day that's one hip hop album who became the most valuable cd in the world and that's defintiely an accomplishment. Congrats on the sale.

IronSheik

Default Shkreli Spent 4.5% of net worth on OUATIS: Worth At Least $45 Million

According to court documents filed by federal prosecutors in Brooklyn on Thursday, Martin Shkreli, the price-gounging capitalist super-villain (who may not actually have been a very good business man or criminal), is worth at least $45 million—which explains how he could afford not only to secure $5 million bond but also to buy the $2 million Wu-Tang Clan album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin.

The money is held in a brokerage account at E-Trade, an online securities firm. According to the New York Times, this is the first public disclosure of how much Shkreli has actually made in his short but tumultuous career. From the filing (a proposed restraining order—to which Shkreli has consented—placing a lien on the assets):

You get the idea. Anyway, it’s still possible that he’s got other money elsewhere. Stay tuned!

Judge Kiyo Matsumoto granted the order on Thursday, barring Shkreli (“as well as his agents, nominees, servants, employees, attorneys, family members, and those persons with actual knowledge of this Order”) from touching it.