Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan Secret Album Sold By Paddle8, But To Whom?

FRESH FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    One family member however chose alternative treatment and survived the deadliest cancer form in existence, stage 4 pancreas and liver, metastasized with as little as 14 days to live.

She chose the use all she had learned from the documentaries TTAC released and cured herself in less than 90 days. .
    If that's true that's crazy and awesome. I've seen people have that be fine one day and be dead about a week later. That kind is no joke

Great to hear that you donated to that charity. With all the big pharmaceutical companies making money off cancer (lol at the irony) it's dope to see you donate money to the alternative treatments rather than the bullshit 'research' that a pharmaceutical companies claims it does.

However, bearing that in mind you are still completely contradicting yourself selling to that fucking piece of shit who would no doubt raise the price of a cancer treatment if one was ever found for his own benefit. So seeing that you (rightfully) are donating money to a really good cause how the fuck can you sell to that faggot and not feel you have just contradicted yourself or good about yourself? And don't give me that shit "we're taking his money and doing something good with it" his money is from dying AIDS patients
    Last edited by Durag; 12-12-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

lol @ an album literally nobody will listen to. Is there anything that could signify failure for an album more than that?

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Great to hear that you donated to that charity. With all the big pharmaceutical companies making money off cancer (lol at the irony) it's dope to see you donate money to the alternative treatments rather than the bullshit 'research' that a pharmaceutical companies claims it does.

However, bearing that in mind you are still completely contradicting yourself selling to that fucking piece of shit who would no doubt raise the price of a cancer treatment if one was ever found for his own benefit. So seeing that you (rightfully) are donating money to a really good cause how the fuck can you sell to that faggot and not feel you have just contradicted yourself or good about yourself? And don't give me that shit "we're taking his money and doing something good with it" his money is from dying AIDS patients
    As we said, we closed the deal back in May. He didn't pull the price gouging until September. By that time we were legally bound, no way to pull out. And his money wasn't from dying AIDS patients my friend, it was from his former career as a hedge fund manager.

By the way, maybe good to know, and of course not defending him in whichever way, but just for the sake of argument, it's not an AIDS pill/cure, nor a cancer one. It's for toxiplasmoses. An infection that could prove lethal if you have AIDS or cancer because in those cases your immune system is completely suppressed and thus unable to deal with the infection. Doesn't make it less controversial though, just thought it might be important to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    That's awfully disrespectful.

Oh and another important thing to mention is that almost every pharmaceutical company in the world practices price gouging and maximizing profits. This dude just so happens to not care what people think of it and has a punch able face that comes with it. But it's an old practice. And unfortunately, the blame should be on the United States government that allows unregulated drug pricing. You think he could've pulled that shit in the UK?

and has a punch able face that comes with it.

Yet a million and one lame bums like you stay on here complaining about these so called million and one lame killa beez.
    The only good Killa Beez are:

1. Streetlife
    2. Killa Sin
    3. Hell Razah
    4. Holocaust
    5. Gravediggaz
    6. Tekitha

Peace

Oh and another important thing to mention is that almost every pharmaceutical company in the world practices price gouging and maximizing profits. This dude just so happens to not care what people think of it and has a punch able face that comes with it. But it's an old practice. And unfortunately, the blame should be on the United States government that allows unregulated drug pricing. You think he could've pulled that shit in the UK?
    This is true. However, as we all know, you are still a liar.

Dumb logic. Thats like saying if a government legalized murder it would be their fault for somebody murdering someone.

Some things are wrong. If a lot of people do those things it means we have a problem it doesn't mean we accept it because thats the standard.

All true, the US health system is just fucked, imagine a system where you make money from people's illnesses and diseases lol.

But he had numerous court appearances for shady practices before this, did you not check that out at all? Like I said before I am impressed that you sold this and I applaud the efforts, but my issue is just that it was sold to him, it's giving the Wu and you some pretty bad press tbh

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    The only good Killa Beez are:

1. Streetlife
    2. Killa Sin
    3. Hell Razah
    4. Holocaust
    5. Gravediggaz
    6. Tekitha
    7. Shabbaz tha Disciple

Peace
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    but what justified him raising the price of a medication people needed from nothing to $750 per pill?

only the scum of the earth would commit such crimes against humanity

may he rot in the depths of hell i will create for him
    Despite your epic meltdown, I will tell you in all honesty what he told us and then you can draw your own conclusion. It's complex and I'm still trying to figure it out ok, so bear with me old tiger.

Martin acquired the rights to Daraprim for 55 million USD. Daraprim treats toxiplasmoses, an infection that can prove fatal if the immune system is suppressed and not capable of handling it (like in AIDS or Cancer patients). It's a case that happens rarely, apparently about 2000 people a year. He says that when he bought the rights, a pill cost $13.50 and was losing over 6 million USD a year because it was rarely used. Compare for example with Ibuprofen that's used by millions upon millions. Now, apparently this treatment has been around since the 40s or 50s. This means that the patent on it has long expired, and you would think everybody and their momma would be making generic versions right? Wrong. Nobody is. Why? Nobody gives a fuck. Why? Because it's only 2000 people, what profit is in that? Shows you why the previous company holding the rights was losing 6 million usd on it per year right? So... two things can happen. Everybody stops giving a fuck, nobody makes this rare disease medicine anymore cause there's no money and 2000 people end up dying on an annual basis. Or in comes Shkreli, the young hedge fund millionaire who wants to specialize in treatments in rare diseases. The problem is, how is he going to find investors to pay 55 million to acquire the rights to Daraprim. The shit is losing 6 mil a year, who in their right minds is going to invest in that? Well, the drug must be under priced then you'd think. But it only costs less than a dollar to manufacture. Yes, but it's a drug from the 40s, nobody ever cared to develop it further because who gives a fuck about 2000 folks, so the drug is highly toxic with nasty side effects, it needs R&D, research and development. Martin claims he wants to make a much more effective and cleaner version of the drug. This he said, meant additional millions in R&D and the extremely expensive FDA costs that come with it, on top of the 55 million paid to acquire the rights. So what did he do? He raised the price on the pill, from 13.50 to 750 usd. And he quickly added that he would only charge this to insurance companies. If a patient would not be insured or have the money to pay for one, Turing Pharma would make sure the patient got it for 1 USD or for free. And this would be the only way to keep this treatment available, keep his investors happy and maximize profits to reinvest in making a cleaner version of the pill.

This is basically what he explained to us with a straight face. Now, I'm no pharma expert so I don't know if his analysis is based on actual facts and truths. But I don't want to jump on the bandwagon just yet. I like to understand things first. From a pure logical perspective, the analysis makes sense. And if it's true then the media has really spun this the wrong way around. That still don't make it right because unregulated drug pricing should not be possible anyway and R&Ds and FDA trials should be subsidized. From an ethical perspective I don't know yet. What makes it difficult to believe is his attitude in the press and the crazy random shit he be saying.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

You pull a stunt like this you're likely to attract a guy like that to buy it.

Despite your epic meltdown, I will tell you in all honesty what he told us and then you can draw your own conclusion. It's complex and I'm still trying to figure it out ok, so bear with me old tiger.

Martin acquired the rights to Daraprim for 55 million USD. Daraprim treats toxiplasmoses, an infection that can prove fatal if the immune system is suppressed and not capable of handling it (like in AIDS or Cancer patients). It's a case that happens rarely, apparently about 2000 people a year. He says that when he bought the rights, a pill cost $13.50 and was losing over 6 million USD a year because it was rarely used. Compare for example with Ibuprofen that's used by millions upon millions. Now, apparently this treatment has been around since the 40s or 50s. This means that the patent on it has long expired, and you would think everybody and their momma would be making generic versions right? Wrong. Nobody is. Why? Nobody gives a fuck. Why? Because it's only 2000 people, what profit is in that? Shows you why the previous company holding the rights was losing 6 million usd on it per year right? So... two things can happen. Everybody stops giving a fuck, nobody makes this rare disease medicine anymore cause there's no money and 2000 people end up dying on an annual basis. Or in comes Shkreli, the young hedge fund millionaire who wants to specialize in treatments in rare diseases. The problem is, how is he going to find investors to pay 55 million to acquire the rights to Daraprim. The shit is losing 6 mil a year, who in their right minds is going to invest in that? Well, the drug must be under priced then you'd think. But it only costs less than a dollar to manufacture. Yes, but it's a drug from the 40s, nobody ever cared to develop it further because who gives a fuck about 2000 folks, so the drug is highly toxic with nasty side effects, it needs R&D, research and development. Martin claims he wants to make a much more effective and cleaner version of the drug. This he said, meant additional millions in R&D and the extremely expensive FDA costs that come with it, on top of the 55 million paid to acquire the rights. So what did he do? He raised the price on the pill, from 13.50 to 750 usd. And he quickly added that he would only charge this to insurance companies. If a patient would not be insured or have the money to pay for one, Turing Pharma would make sure the patient got it for 1 USD or for free. And this would be the only way to keep this treatment available, keep his investors happy and maximize profits to reinvest in making a cleaner version of the pill.

This is basically what he explained to us with a straight face. Now, I'm no pharma expert so I don't know if his analysis is based on actual facts and truths. But I don't want to jump on the bandwagon just yet. I like to understand things first. From a pure logical perspective, the analysis makes sense. And if it's true then the media has really spun this the wrong way around. That still don't make it right because unregulated drug pricing should not be possible anyway and R&Ds and FDA trials should be subsidized. From an ethical perspective I don't know yet. What makes it difficult to believe is his attitude in the press and the crazy random shit he be saying.
    He (Shkreli) called himself a "real nigga" on his live stream on youtube yesterday. I shit you not. I watched him talk shit to the world for about 15 minutes before i could take no more.