Thread: RIP to Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots

Default RIP to Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots

Scott Weiland, the instantly recognizable, iconic voice behind Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, has died. He was 48. Weiland’s manager confirmed the news to Rolling Stone. The details surrounding the singer’s death will be released Friday.

TMZ is reporting that Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota at around 9 p.m. Thursday night, while touring with his current group the Wildabouts. They were scheduled to perform at the Medina Entertainment Center in Medina, Minnesota Thursday night. The show was canceled before they were to hit the stage.

Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro tweeted out the news shortly after midnight EST. “Just learned our friend Scott Weiland has died,” he wrote. “So gutted, I am thinking of his family tonight.”

Weiland’s Velvet Revolver bandmate, guitarist Dave Kushner, tweeted shortly after Navarro “RIP Scott Weiland.”

Scott Weiland was born Scott Richard Kline on October 27th, 1967 in San Jose, California. His mother, Sharon Williams, and father, Kent Kline, divorced two years later. A stepfather, Dave Weiland, adopted him at age 5 and changed his last name.

He rose to prominence in the early Nineties as the frontman for Stone Temple Pilots, who scored big hits with songs like “Plush,” “Creep,” “Big Empty,” “Vasoline” and “Interstate Love Song.” In the 2000s, he fronted Velvet Revolver, a group which, in addition to Kushner, featured former Guns N’ Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. They released two gold-selling singles, “Slither” and “Fall to Pieces,” on their debut Contraband LP.

The singer, who had a long and well-publicized battle with drugs and addiction, also put out four solo albums, including Blaster, his first with the Wildabouts, which came out earlier this year.

Default RIP Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)

dead at age 48

tbh I only listened to the first 2 group albums a lot (the first album is really good imo, if maybe not the most original album in the grunge scene), afterwards I didn't bother anymore. he had some solo albums out too

my favorite STP song

only today I found out the lyrics read 'everybody run Bobby's got a gun' instead of 'everybody run the barber's got a gun', which I used to find an intriguing line. that's what I get for being a euro I guess
    Retired.