Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long list of things that upset millennials

{>____<}

New studies state that 33% of millennials live with their parents, others live with friends or roommates, and a small percentage live by themselves.

I live by myself.

I worked with a girl that lived with her parents an made 45K a year. She spent almost none of it and has a savings of 25k. She came the year I left and it's been 3 years now so who knows where she's at. We still talk a lot and she's kinda CharlesJonesy but she's low key loaded lol.

Millennials tend to not like lasik eye surgery

Lasik eye surgery, which took the US by storm in around 2000, is on the decline, dropping more than 50 percent, from about 1.5 million surgeries in 2007 to 604,000 in 2015, according to The Chicago Tribune.

Why are fewer people getting laser vision correction surgeries — which include Lasik and the closely related PRK procedure? The reasons seem to vary.

Personally, I was a prime candidate for the surgery during its heyday in the 2000s. I initially put it off strictly out of fear – the idea of lasers slicing into my eyes just wasn’t something I could get comfortable with.

“I can’t tell you exactly why Lasik volumes are down, but there are some ideas and theories” Dr. Kerry Solomon, president of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery told the Tribune. “One is that the economy hasn’t fully recovered. Two, we’re dealing with a different generation, millennials, and millennials make decisions differently, maybe they have different priorities.”

In more recent years, there’s been a lot of coverage of Lasik treatments eventually degrading, which makes the whole “throw out your glasses” campaign seem a little misleading. I spoke with Sabrina, who had the surgery in 2004, about degrading eyesight. She said her sight “degraded in one eye. I got glasses last year, but just for seeing at dusk or in dim lighting.”

But Sabrina is still happy with her choice to have the procedure. “I had an astigmatism and nearsightedness, so when I got Lasik, my contacts were both really expensive (toric lenses) and uncomfortable. I can still wake up and see the clock and go on vacation and not worry about contact solution or losing a lens at the wrong moment.”

She also pointed out that glasses have become really fashionable, “I can wear glasses when I go out at night and it feels like a fun accessory.“ Coke bottle glasses are still the rage.

Lasik complications definitely happen, but how often? Anti-Lasik advocates claim serious complications are common, and eye surgeons, who cite patient satisfaction rates of 95 percent and higher, saying serious complications are rare, the Tribune reports.

The FDA is taking steps to address the issue with its Lasik Quality of Life Collaboration Project, the results of which haven’t yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal.
    Last edited by check two; 05-25-2016 at 11:42 PM.

yeah im too used to my glasses to get lasik, plus as safe as it probably is im not comfortable with lasers in my eyes either. and i do personally know someone that was undergoing the procedure and the power went out and messed up her eyes even more.

the power went out? lol damn.

I know a girl that did it and it seems to have worked fine, my gf might go for it because her vision's pretty bad.

'

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    yeah im too used to my glasses to get lasik, plus as safe as it probably is im not comfortable with lasers in my eyes either. and i do personally know someone that was undergoing the procedure and the power went out and messed up her eyes even more.
    haha what kind of shoddy practice did she go to? I spent nearly 6 months researching practices and landed a surgeon with 30 - 40 thousand procedures under his belt and never a single malpractice claim. They also give you like 3 xanax to sedate you. Ended up with better than 20/20.. about 20/10 - 15 which is a requirement to fly a fighter jet.