Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wu song of the year

Veteran Member

^It's definitely worth getting - a strong effort by Bugsy.

The Cannibal Ox joint with U-God feature. Some other really good tracks from Deck but this is great.

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post
    The Cannibal Ox joint with U-God feature. Some other really good tracks from Deck but this is great.
    ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
    Bugsy and Dom P's albums are both bangers. The 2 best Wu related releases of the year imo.
    Why aren't these for sale on iTunes? Was looking for them today.

^^more revenue for dom p & bugsy that way (they get everything you pay for the mp3s, iTunes would take a cut)

they prefinanced the album - it's their own label - and promo campaign (there's one, maybe more vids for the Dom P joint) themselves so they've got to maximize revenue to recoup

this is also why there was only a limited batch of physical copies available, they didn't want to be overstocked

if you have a closer look at the napalm bandcamp page you'll see that you can only order physical copies of Dom P's previous 2 albums. they could sell mp3s too of course but it wouldn't make sense in their case since they pressed too many physical copies and need to keep on selling them to recoup on costs of pressing etc

for fans all of this is very interesting in terms of being able to complete your collection. I was talking to Dom P online a few months back cuz I wanted to purchase some of his back catalogue and they have stacks left that they are eager to sell. same goes for bugsy's first album

napalm is operating on a very small margin in terms of means of investment so they have to think very carefully about how they proceed with each release. they can't afford to overproduce. this is also why they pay so much attention to what the fans want from them (i.e. type of beats, type of features, and now recording a joint album on the fans' request)

in case you are still looking for the songs

https://napalmmusic.bandcamp.com/ (bugsy's album)

the warpoetry bandcamp page has been taken off line. as I understand it from Dom P posts on FB his album can no longer be purchased, not even in digital form

bugsy's album will be going the same route in a few months

peace
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-14-2015 at 06:20 PM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by jäcobjäy View Post
    ^^more revenue for dom p & bugsy that way (they get everything you pay for the mp3s, iTunes would take a cut)

they prefinanced the album - it's their own label - and promo campaign (there's one, maybe more vids for the Dom P joint) themselves so they've got to maximize revenue to recoup

this is also why there was only a limited batch of physical copies available, they didn't want to be overstocked

if you have a closer look at the napalm bandcamp page you'll see that you can only order physical copies of Dom P's previous 2 albums. they could sell mp3s too of course but it wouldn't make sense in their case since they pressed too many physical copies and need to keep on selling them to recoup on costs of pressing etc

for fans all of this is very interesting in terms of being able to complete your collection. I was talking to Dom P online a few months back cuz I wanted to purchase some of his back catalogue and they have stacks left that they are eager to sell. same goes for bugsy's first album

napalm is operating on a very small margin in terms of means of investment so they have to think very carefully about how they proceed with each release. they can't afford to overproduce. this is also why they pay so much attention to what the fans want from them (i.e. type of beats, type of features, and now recording a joint album on the fans' request)

in case you are still looking for the songs

https://napalmmusic.bandcamp.com/ (bugsy's album)

the warpoetry bandcamp page has been taken off line. as I understand it from Dom P posts on FB his album can no longer be purchased, not even in digital form

bugsy's album will be going the same route in a few months

peace
    Thanks!! I checked out the link. Think I'll get Bugsy's 2 albums and that Dom DVD. I'd like to get Dom's new one either physical or digi. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by New Hills 36 View Post

This. Can't believe I neglected to mention this joint! Vordul is stellar.

PRODIGAL SUN

Combat Engineers

"wrong move g, i put your lights out like GE" -islord

i'm with mAlAkAz on this one...that Can Ox joint is close though...street knowledge on sour soul is amazing also...

Tones Rap...I can't pimp in these clothes, these fkin hoes are killing me

god i cant even think what was released this year wu-tang... anyone have a list of all the wu-tang releases this year ?

Ghostface Killah/BBNG - Sour Soul
    Canibus/Bronze Nazareth - Time flies.....
    Dom P/ Bronze Nazareth - War Poetry
    Killah Priest - Planet of the Gods
    Czarface II
    Bugsy Da God
    Method Man - the Meth Lab
    Moon Crickets - the Calm before the storm

Illah Dayz - the Illahstrator
    Salute da Kidd - Diggstown

Hm...there's a start...of course there's the fucking shrek album too... Somebody else can complete the list...

Raekwon's FILA but I prefer not thinking of that one as a wu release lmao

there was also the Black Knight/Frusciante collabo album and the ChristBearer/Anthai EP

and the Warcloud/Pro release with much better sound quality of previously released songs
    Retired.

Haha. FILA didn't even cross my mind... That was some fly luxorious art tho... even badder than lex diamonds story. that is a huge achievement