Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fools @ hiphopdx list 9 overrated albums from the 90S, include Forever & Tical

Default Fools @ hiphopdx list 9 overrated albums from the 90S, include Forever & Tical

Retired.

That's some bullshit... Tical is a classic and WU Forever is my favorite album period.

'

After hip-hop helped him discover his identity and deal with his mother’s death to cancer, William E. Ketchum III vowed to champion and chronicle the music and the culture that saved his life. Since starting his journalism career as a student at Michigan State University, his work has been featured in NPR, MTV, Black Enterprise, and other publications, along with commissioned work for the likes of Nicki Minaj, Grammy-winning producer Maestro, and more. Currently, he is an entertainment reporter for The Flint Journal | MLive Media Group.
    He's written for more than just click-bait HipHopDX apparently.

I take more issue with their chief & editor Justin Hunte who made those smug, condescending remarks on camera about him and his staff "being all over the OUATIS project from the start"

- when they clearly didn't do their homework about the album's history, and 5 minutes here or that reddit thread chronicling it would've enlightened them; so they could understand why fans were losing it.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Hahahaahaha he put black on both sides on there. The guys obviously kind of new to hip hop, as 90% of those albums weren't ever considered classic or overly beloved anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerus View Post
    That's some bullshit... Tical is a classic and WU Forever is my favorite album period.
    Wu tang Forever is the best rap album ever made.....Period !

Tical isn't overrated because nobody thinks it's a classic, only that it's a Meth classic ! Tical was to hard/dark for Meth. The beats would have suited a Gravediggaz album more IMO. Rza missed the mark with that one.

nada ignorante

fuck this list
    N.I.

Forever had too many fillers. I always believed that Forever would be up there with 36 chambers if they chose the 15 best songs out of it. Even if a couple of really nice songs would be left out..

Tical had 4-5 really good songs. Rest of the songs didn't survive the years like the songs on 36 chambers or cuban linx did.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
    Forever had too many fillers. .
    That's not true IMO !

Which songs do you consider filler ? Also.....People have unrealistic expectations. I mean, what do you expect from a double album ?. I don't think anyone can truly make a perfect album, but that is doubled when your talking about 2 disks.

Ps. What happened to Noel ? Ahahahaha

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 06-06-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Ps. What happened to Noel ? Ahahahaha
    you are laughing because someone who held the same opinion as you got banned?

okay

on topic : I'd cut off maybe 2 songs from Forever, and then still. but tastes vary, obviously. I agree it would have been an even better album if leaner, but I can still listen to it all the way through in one sitting and thoroughly enjoy it. it's still a banger. zooruka's right in regard to expectations about double albums imo
    Retired.

I can agree with Tical being overrated, but Wu-Tang Forever is an impeccable masterpiece. I think I listened to it back to back every day for five years. I still zone out to the Maria instrumental regularly too
    I'd cut off maybe 2 songs from Forever, and then still.
    same here
    the only 2 songs I didnt feel we're amazing were Visionz and The City. But, with that many tracks I cant complain

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    the only 2 songs I didnt feel we're amazing were Visionz and The City. But, with that many tracks I cant complain
    I love those 2 tracks!

The City beat kinda grew on me recently after getting ahold of the instrumental though, I wasn't a big fan of it for years though

I think calling the albums overrated is a little over the top, but I actual agree with some of what was said. Wu Forever would have been more powerful as a single album. Of course, I'd say the same thing about Life After Death, All Eyez on Me, and every other double album.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Forever might be overrated, but it is still one of the hardest albums to reach such high selling numbers and it brought in a new generation of emcees that stepped their game up.

Songs like A better tomorrow, MGM, It's Yourz, Triumph, Projects, Reunited are better done, have better beats, better rhymes, better flows than like half of the album, so I really cannot say Forever is flawless. Still love hell outta of it. Should have been a single album.

Tical is just okay and even Method Man knows it. 94 had Dred Scott, Biggie, Redman, Nas, Scientifik dropping much better albums.
    bring back begongo!!