Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm completely ok with ppl living off the government

Default I'm completely ok with ppl living off the government

I'm very willing to pay more taxes so that more people will live off the government.

Our current culture canon fodders lazy people into positions of service where you have to depend on them and since they hate working they make the city or state or country worst than it should be. The Houston Department of Motor Vehicles will make you kill people. Even at my school the bitch at the food court cash register and the registrar's office bitches always seem to get into a fight with everyone because they're miserable and deranged.

culturally they're doing 'the right thing' by having a job. But there are plenty of hardworking people that love to work that can't find work because they're competing with assholes that don't like work but happen to apply first and fill up the jobs.

People with short-sight always bitch about people not wanting to work but honestly if you get a room full of ppl living off the government (and this includes injured vets) you'll witness the most entitled, useless asshole behavior before god and man. I worked at a homeless shelter back in Lincoln and this is where I developed this outlook. I didn't want those assholes driving children's buses, in the back making people's food at a restaurant, or doing anything that would require public trust or unwanted interaction with them.

I think the government should find more ways to get people that don't want to work off the job market. It will be better for everyone.
    Last edited by TSA; 12-22-2015 at 01:24 PM.

Yeah I agree with people who don't want to work taking the jobs of people that do want to work is a shitty irony of a society not wanting people to be on the dole / government money.

Plus having government money and not having to do a 9-5 inspires people to do more creative shit coz of the time they had, artists, musicians, writers etc, something which they may not get the chance to do while working

^I agree with the last one. I feel like our current system makes little to no space for non-commercial lifestyles.

I personally think having a job is for suckers but staking out your own isn't for everyone. So a comfortable medium where someone can stake out their own in a non-commercial way would be great. Hip Hop would have never happened without high youth unemployment in the ghetto.

This mentality has killed our education system. People have a hard time understanding a unversity as something other than a 4 year job training course and that's sad because here you are with access to all of humanities collective knowledge and you crawl through it salivating at the prospect of getting a jerb with dental insurance

A friend of mine is a photographer, he sells his works for a living and since he's just a year older than me when he tells ppl what he does they say 'No, I mean for a job' then they get all shocked and condescending. So we can't have photographers again? That's stupid. Mind you his life is completely awesome and he gets to travel everywhere and stay in great hotels for free so long as he fills their walls with his works. He makes enough for rent and creates works that mean something to ppl. He was formerly and engineer and left after deciding that work was for suckers.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Like Finland, government proudly puts half the country on welfare but it's one of the most progressive and prosperous countries.

Banned

I'm completely fine with it too. I believe that Australia is one of the most, I guess generous, when it comes to welfare. You can get $500 a fortnight for being unemployed and I think $400 a week if you're on disability. Charles Jones gets nothing which is sad.

In Australia we have a HUGE push by liberal media (liberal here means rich cunts that don't want to pay tax) who just hammer people on welfare so it makes the public vote for harsher welfare reforms and people legitimately get angry that people can get $500 a fortnight. Below the poverty line is about $400 a week. It's $12,000 a year to get unemployed government assistance. There are politicians that recently have been caught out using tax payer money at broths, for family holidays,one cunt used a helicopter for $5,000, the ex-treasurer got taxpayer funding to live in his wife's home. The people in the media hammering people on welfare are multi millionaire, one of them solicits boys in London public toilets.

The war on welfare is to divide the people IMO I would rather see people ok government assistance than rich cunt politicians using the money for themselves.

Edit

Oh and if you're unemployed you have to earn that $500. If you're between 21and 29, I believe , it's 25 hours a week of work for the dole aka slave labour for not for profit companies. It works out to be about $9-10 an hour, the full time minimum wage is about $17 an hour lol casual wage with no benefits which is what this work is would be close to $25 an hour. These companies get paid by the government to take these people on as workers without paying them.
    Last edited by The Hound; 12-23-2015 at 03:21 AM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

If you hope to have any semblance of a normal life, you can't live on welfare ! The money is not enough.

Welfare should ultimately be for the disabled and to stop people falling through the cracks (Not for cracks lol) due to unforseen circumstances. I wouldn't advocate welfare as a lifestyle.

Best believe...... I've copped tho !

Ahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Edit

Oh and if you're unemployed you have to earn that $500. If you're between 21and 29, I believe , it's 25 hours a week of work for the dole aka slave labour for not for profit companies. It works out to be about $9-10 an hour, the full time minimum wage is about $17 an hour lol casual wage with no benefits which is what this work is would be close to $25 an hour. These companies get paid by the government to take these people on as workers without paying them.
    I agree

They pretty much make you, jump through every hoop known to man + You almost have to beg like a dog, to get any sort of payment.

Seriously......I would love to do an ODB and rock up @ centrelink in a limo and just throw their 'money/laugh' right in their face. Ahahahahahah

Edit: I don't have a problem with people get tax payer funded welfare (Even bluggers). The government wastes a lot more doe on other garbage + anyone on welfare for a living, probably has a bad life . I also can't stand those high and mighty employed people, who whine about welfare recipients, like they are kings and the people on welfare are scum ! Always saying that's my tax payer money blah blah blah......lol. I hope they go broke, so they can know what a crap life you have when you have to resort to welfare, that would shut their mouths.
    Last edited by zooruka; 12-23-2015 at 05:13 AM.

Banned

^^ word. These people act like those on welfare are living it up in mansions. I swear there's a weekly article in the DT about welfare or today tonight has a story about some dude rorting the disability pension lol meanwhile these cunts love Kerry Packer because he refused to pay tax. A fuckin billionaire refusing to pay his way!

Lol @ going to Centrelink in a limo hahaha they'd probably cut you off. I got fined $55 of my dole when I was on it for not going to WFTD one day. Cunts.

Did you know now they starting to control your money on Centrelink? It's been done in indigenous communities and I know near me at Bankstown they do it they put like half or 75% of your dole on a card that can only be used at Coles, Woolies etc and can't be used at ATM's hahaha how fucked is that? Can't go to the pub or bottle shop with it.

Nobody on welfare is doing it good. Some people might be happy but nobody lives lavish. It's fucking depressing. I probably would have killed myself by now if I didn't land my job, I'm serious.

Did you know that MTC were rorting the numbers of people they put in to study programs to get money from the government? That's fucked. They get like $50,000 for each person they put in to a job or study. Anyone that was falsely used to get MTC $50k should be given that money.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Working full time really sucks unless its doing something you would want to spend your time doing anyway. I've been working full time for the last year and the same thing that used to happen when I was full time has happened: I've drank too much, smoked too much, ate crap food, spent money on shit I don't need and generally been exhausted and upset with not enough time for my personal life.

Going back to part time soon.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I'm very willing to pay more taxes so that more people will live off the government.

Our current culture canon fodders lazy people into positions of service where you have to depend on them and since they hate working they make the city or state or country worst than it should be. The Houston Department of Motor Vehicles will make you kill people. Even at my school the bitch at the food court cash register and the registrar's office bitches always seem to get into a fight with everyone because they're miserable and deranged.

culturally they're doing 'the right thing' by having a job. But there are plenty of hardworking people that love to work that can't find work because they're competing with assholes that don't like work but happen to apply first and fill up the jobs.

People with short-sight always bitch about people not wanting to work but honestly if you get a room full of ppl living off the government (and this includes injured vets) you'll witness the most entitled, useless asshole behavior before god and man. I worked at a homeless shelter back in Lincoln and this is where I developed this outlook. I didn't want those assholes driving children's buses, in the back making people's food at a restaurant, or doing anything that would require public trust or unwanted interaction with them.

I think the government should find more ways to get people that don't want to work off the job market. It will be better for everyone.
    I find it interesting how certain people are employed. Either they have connections or relatives that can provide them with certain jobs. I have never once in my life complained about a job. You're working. Be thankful and do your job! People think they're entitled and just want to sit on their ass while the working class is building for a better future for lazy asses who don't contribute anything to society and are useless!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Working full time really sucks unless its doing something you would want to spend your time doing anyway. I've been working full time for the last year and the same thing that used to happen when I was full time has happened: I've drank too much, smoked too much, ate crap food, spent money on shit I don't need and generally been exhausted and upset with not enough time for my personal life.

Going back to part time soon.
    Working is what makes life great. Question. Do you enjoy what you do?
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 12-23-2015 at 09:29 PM.

^^due to health related issues I had to stop working full time this year. I've never felt better - if that makes sense

working is good. working less is better
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by jäcobjäy View Post
    ^^due to health related issues I had to stop working full time this year. I've never felt better - if that makes sense

working is good. working less is better
    Sorry to know that.

I'm discussing the people who have jobs but don't want to work. The ones on welfare who don't want to get off their butts. These people have children, lots of kids who repeat the useless life cycle. Even the ones in college who're there for the financial aid, dropping out for $2,000-$4,000. Absolutely no respect nor guidance.

There's nothing wrong with working. I like it, but I like working for myself more because I just feel like working for someone else is some sucker shit. You give them 40 of your most productive hours and spend you actual day sleeping and eating, then you squeeze everything you like in life in on saturday and spend sunday cleaning up the mess you made sleeping and eating.

lame AF. There are people that really like this lifestyle and I think they should let the people that don't opt out. It will be better for everyone if everyone working was doing something closer to what they want to do and don't feel like if they're not their they'll die.

Europe/Australia and other places with a lot of white people and few black people have great systems, though they discourage entrepreneurship which i don't like. The US system is great too but culturally we're bred to believe everything before the age of 18 is a job training course and that you job is your life. It's hard to convince people here that there's nothing wrong with the government taking care of people that need it or are just fucking lazy because everyone is so miserable that the idea of someone getting perks for being lazy is annoying. Plus, the elephant in the room is 9/10 white ppl connect social welfare with black people getting stuff so they're against the idea to the point that white people that go to public schools being against the idea of public schools. If it were a whiter country they would be cool having all the benefits that are common in europe if not more. Not all of them think like this but enough for it to be a no-go in America.

'

Not working for an extended period of time or a brief hiatus is great for the mind, but having a large segment of society doing this year after year introduces a parasitic cancer that stagnates growth. Letting that many people to twiddle their thumbs and indulge in whatever favored activity that releases constant dopamine is a recipe for disaster.

It's anti-human experience and a childish outlook. Universal income should only apply to non-able bodied people or the mentally retarded. Or the exception is getting a waiver if your are using that free time to experience reality on your own productive terms or society's at large, and to not become a vegetable. Otherwise you are depleting earthly resources from children in a warzone who need the funding and may want to actually do something noteworthy with their life.
    Last edited by The Seer; 12-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

more flexible formulas should be in place to deal with burn out, bore out, other work related depressions, enduring physical strain caused by work conditions and finally also the increase of retirement age

flexible formulas being ...

working from home

fewer fixed office hours

more possibilities for half time & part time work - with adjusted work load

coaching on the job

changing jobs or locations within the same company more easily

also people need to accept that while promotions are great, some out there fall victim to the peter principle. both employer and employee should have no qualms about reinstating said employee in an earlier position in such cases

and people should be more honest with their partners about what they really want job wise. friend of mine has to wave certain job offers cuz his wife thinks they aren't prestigious enough. wtf is that all about
    Retired.