Thread: New Edition's School Song Is Funny

-

Default New Edition's School Song Is Funny

This song is on their All For Love album that came out in 1985 and it was Bobby Brown's last album with them. Their lyrics about school made me laugh. But school's not all work. There's fun things to do like gym, lunch and recess too LOL. Kindergarten was easy, it was mostly play LOL. I didn't wanna study and didn't even wanna learn LOL. Didn't wanna go to class cause i was always late LOL. Because school became something that i started to hate LOL. Started hanging with my boys, didn't mean no harm. We was going around the school pulling fire alarms LOL. Because i came to school just to mess around LOL. Started hanging in the walls and writing on the walls LOL. Until i got started playing basketball but i didn't have a job. So i couldn't get paid LOL. And i couldn't play ball because of my grades LOL.

I definitely relate to their lyrics and so do other black men who hate school. I hated studying for tests and doing homework. I was lucky i graduated on time from high school. I knew i wasn't gonna go to college hahahahahaha. Unfortunately everybody needs a high school diploma or college degree to get a good job and just that's the way it is. High school diploma isn't even good enough now to get a job. High school diploma or GED will get you stuck with low paying jobs. College degree is the only way you'll get a good job. There's a lot of black men who are unemployed and they want high paying jobs because they refuse to work for low pay. But a lot of them don't have the skills for the high paying jobs and they need to understand that.

A lot of them don't have money to go to job training school because they don't wanna be bothered with getting a loan and having to pay it back which i can understand. I've had a lot of low paying jobs and i used to get mad about it but i can't blame nobody but myself for not having the skills for the high paying jobs. My comprehension is bad and that's why i never applied for high paying jobs. That's part of the reason i wasn't really a good student in high school but i was ashamed to get help from a teacher. My advice to black men in high school is don't be ashamed to ask a teacher for help when you're having problems with subjects you don't understand. That's what teachers are there for. Black men need to stop joining gangs and stop hanging on the street corner because doing those things will lead you to a early death and prison. I agree with rapper Guru on Gang Starr's Conspiracy song about school. He said the SAT isn't geared for the lower class. So why even waste time trying to pass? The educational system presumes you to fail. The next thing is the corner and after that jail LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

I said the wrong word in New Edition's song lyrics when i said walls instead of halls. They said started hanging in the halls and writing on the walls.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

charlesjones for supermod in 2016. just do it
    Retired.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Have you heard New Edition's School song? If you haven't, check it out. It's a nice jam. I got their albums Candy Girl, New Edition(this has the hits Cool It Now and Mr Telephone Man which they did videos for), All For Love, Heartbreak and Home Again. I also got Bell Biv Devoe's Poison and Hootie Mack albums. I got Bobby Brown's Don't Be Cruel, Bobby and Forever albums. I like Bobby's On Our Own song on Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack.

CJ I'm watching some episodes of 'Arrow' in between posting, I might check out some New Edition afterwards. I don't know many of their songs tbh
    Retired.

-

LOL. Ray Parker Jr produced that and I like Ray. I got his greatest hits album.

Retired.

-

Sideshow Bob, don't act like you've never done nothing bad when you were young. So cut the bullshit because I said I liked New Edition's lyrics. Of course I don't think it's ok for men to be writing on the walls at school but I thought their lyrics were funny because they said they hated school and so did I.

-

Glad to hear that you're a good person.