Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elzhi facing jail time as fans sue over kickstarter scam

Prospect
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...

Default Elzhi facing jail time as fans sue over kickstarter scam

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/elzhi-fa...-scam-2301396/

A year ago they were "close to mixing." Guess they just need to finish up the other 15 songs, the artwork, clear the samples, and then do a couple of tours to recoup all the backer money that's probably been paying elzhi's rent
    We aren't getting an album folks. We've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, swindled, fleeced, hornswoggled, etc.
    Elzhi is now blocking us on social media for suggesting he finish the album we paid for two years ago. He must really enjoy not having fans.

We haven't received an update since February and now here we are going into October in about week. That means he has 3 months to release this album, this YEAR, from an almost finish album he had back in November 2013. Like Really? Get your story straight with this album or refund us our money. Honestly, if you can't talk to us DIRECTLY and MAN UP to let us know what's going on then what are we supposed to think?!! It's hard looking at MY FAVORITE ARTIST I Stan for as a Thief, but Damn he is making it very easy looking at him as one in this situation.

For those who don't know, Torae started a Kickstarter for his new album at the end of August, fulfilled it at the end of September, and is releasing his album next month (he's already released cover art/tracklist as well). So he delivers his album within 4 months from the start of his Kickstarter.

Elzhi, on the other hand, has now reached TWO YEARS since the start of his Kickstarter and we're still waiting, with minimal updates being given.
    To sum up, Torae knows how to treat his fans and Elzhi does not.

eLZhi is absolutely lookin' like a THEIF. Hate to say, but this is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Dear fellow backers: I'm preparing a class action lawsuit against Jason Powers aka Elzhi for failure to deliver the album we funded, rewards and failure to refund. If you want to be plaintiff, please email your full legal name and the city and state in which you reside to [redacted]. You can find information about my legal background [linkedin link redacted]. I will post updates regarding the lawsuit to this comment thread. Thank you -- now let's get our money back!

Here's a quick update on the class action that's in the works: You don't have to be a plaintiff in the case to recover. If we're able to establish a class and recover, backers will be eligible to recover as class members without being named plaintiffs and in the same manner as the named plaintiffs. However, the court may give "incentive awards" (i.e. extra cash) to the named plaintiffs for their service as class representatives. (I'll fill you in on what that entails.)
    If you want to consider being a named plaintiff, please email your full legal name and the city and state in which you reside to [redacted]. I won't do anything with that information without your further approval.

Kick starter comments.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...album/comments
    Last edited by REAL6; 01-02-2016 at 10:05 PM.

why do people pay for albums to be made?

some dude posted this in the comments

reminds me of the one someone made that said 'if we raise $50,000 we will try and buy the Wu Tang album' with a disclaimer saying 'if it doesnt reach 50k we wont buy the album and will keep the money, no refunds sorry'. sh*t reached like $27,000.

lol can anyone confirm?
    Retired.

I don't think Kickstarter takes funds if the goal isn't reached. I don't know what happens if goal like that is reached but they couldn't get the album and the backers got nothing, my guess is that TOS prohibits keeping the money and campaigner could get sued for it.

if this is true, that's a disgrace, dude was nice with it too, how hard is it to focus and finish an album?

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    douchy

Good thing Wu artists stayed away from the crowd sourcing idea. Imagine the shitstorm that would have already transpired if kickstarter was around and leveraged by Ghost & Doom when they made the joint album announcement?
    lmao

oh boy,....wu crowdfunded projects would be the worst idea yet, anyone who knows their history would have to know better

^ Haven't there been some? I mean to recall that.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    ^ Haven't there been some? I mean to recall that.
    i think the closest thing to that would be the soul temple disaster lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Cappa getaway cab

Banned

Didn't Christ Bearer and YDB set up kickstarter campaigns that nobody cared about?

Elmatic was pretty dope but mostly because of Will Sessions
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

eLzhi is one of the most talented emcees to emerge this side of the year 2000 but his career has been really underwhelming.. aside from his work with Slum Village he only had one album and one mixtape in over 10 years which is fucking lazy..

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Elzhi is the definition of style over substance. Incredible technique but the music is soulless. Elmatic was overrated imo and really indicative of my point. The best, most cohesive project he's dropped is following the exact template of the most widely-regarded hip-hop album of all time. Why not take the influence and spirit of Illmatic and make your own shit? Because you lack that kind of creativity.

Well, I appreciate your ambition Elzhi but you gotta have vision.

I'm not even gonna listen to those types of albums. I'd rather play the original.

The Preface was dope tho. In large part thanks to Black Milk's production.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    Elzhi is the definition of style over substance. Incredible technique but the music is soulless. Elmatic was overrated imo and really indicative of my point. The best, most cohesive project he's dropped is following the exact template of the most widely-regarded hip-hop album of all time. Why not take the influence and spirit of Illmatic and make your own shit? Because you lack that kind of creativity.

Well, I appreciate your ambition Elzhi but you gotta have vision.
    I agree. He's definitely got talent but I just find him pretty boring to listen to. The Preface was alright but I couldnt listen to it the whole way through without getting bored.

Preface was good especially Talking In My Sleep. Elmatic too.

When he first started people were comparing him to Nas, and hes at that skill level but for some reason his career is just not there. You have to conclude that hes lazy or mentally fucked up in some way.