Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: who do you think ghostwrote the first Pillage?

Default who do you think ghostwrote the first Pillage?

who do you think wrote it? given the situation with supreme clientele which was the same era, and the fact that there's no way in hell the retard we're dealing with today is the same person that wrote any of that, who do you think it was?

Supreme?

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I think he was hungrier then. Now he's all doughy and smiling.

Superb leftovers when he wrote supreme clientele

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Wigs been writing for Ghost on the last few projects.

You can still hear him (uncredited) on a bunch of tracks doing the hooks and backing vocals etc, which have been left on from the reference tracks.

Get the Money (from 12 Reasons pt 2) being an example that immediately springs to mind.

At least a couple on 36 Seasons too.

They're not even taking dudes voice off reference tracks?
    NY artists take lazy to a different level

also...can he go back to having superb do it?

Peace CT

Nobody. Cappa was not being mistaken for Rakim on 'The Pillage'. He was decent but nothing mind blowing. Album was good because he had Clan support and RZA, 4th, and True Master beats. I dont even think Superb was around when this was recorded. This album came out March 1998. So lets not start that rumor without any support. Also, Wigs may have had a hook or two on Ghost's recent material but that does not mean he is writing Ghost's verses. Wigs is awful. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    Nobody. Cappa was not being mistaken for Rakim on 'The Pillage'. He was decent but nothing mind blowing. Album was good because he had Clan support and RZA, 4th, and True Master beats. I dont even think Superb was around when this was recorded. This album came out March 1998. So lets not start that rumor without any support. Also, Wigs may have had a hook or two on Ghost's recent material but that does not mean he is writing Ghost's verses. Wigs is awful. Peace
    Yes.
    Cappa has never been a top-tier lyricist, he has always benefitted greatly by the producers he's worked with. And before anyone brings it up, yes his Winter Warz verse is severely overrated. It's not lyrically mind-blowing, it's just longer than your average verse. His Ice Water verse is much better.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

^ i disagree strongly with that... the reason Cappa's "Winter Warz" verse is one of the most praised Wu verses is hardly only because it is long, had U-God's or Ghost's verse on that track been twice as long as they are now they wouldn't have been remembered in the same way... didn't you hear the energy, hunger and agression Cap brought to that verse?! he barely breathes.. that verse is pretty much the definition of spazzing out, not everything has to be about deep lyrics

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    ^ i disagree strongly with that... the reason Cappa's "Winter Warz" verse is one of the most praised Wu verses is hardly only because it is long, had U-God's or Ghost's verse on that track been twice as long as they are now they wouldn't have been remembered in the same way... didn't you hear the energy, hunger and agression Cap brought to that verse?! he barely breathes.. that verse is pretty much the definition of spazzing out, not everything has to be about deep lyrics
    The performance is energetic, I'll give you that, and I never said it was a bad verse, he's got some good lines definitely. I still stand by what I said though, that it is a competent yet largely unremarkable verse elevated because of its length. I'll also disagree with you on your other point and say yeah, if Ghost's verse was as long as Cappa's we'd be praising that as well.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Yes.
    Cappa has never been a top-tier lyricist, he has always benefitted greatly by the producers he's worked with. And before anyone brings it up, yes his Winter Warz verse is severely overrated. It's not lyrically mind-blowing, it's just longer than your average verse. His Ice Water verse is much better.
    The performance is energetic, I'll give you that, and I never said it was a bad verse, he's got some good lines definitely. I still stand by what I said though, that it is a competent yet largely unremarkable verse elevated because of its length. I'll also disagree with you on your other point and say yeah, if Ghost's verse was as long as Cappa's we'd be praising that as well.
    Co-sign

Quote Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
    Superb leftovers when he wrote supreme clientele
    Is it pretty common knowledge now that Superb wrote Supreme Clientele?

Ghost certainly has never rapped like that since

yes his Winter Warz verse is severely overrated. It's not lyrically mind-blowing, it's just longer than your average verse.
    I agree

I always found the verse to be lyrically simple. But Cappa goes hard/dumbs out on it though. The only Cappa guest verse that I ever liked, was 'Ice cream'.

Cappa's lyrics on the Pillage were pretty good and above average. It's definitely Cappa writing those bars on the Pillage. It's unmistakably his style.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Is it pretty common knowledge now that Superb wrote Supreme Clientele?

Ghost certainly has never rapped like that since
    They don't hear us thou.

85 %ER

there is so many songs that would be good that this dude has ruined by being on the track.

I've never been of the opinion that Capa was lyrical on the pillage. He's solid on it for sure but what really makes that album is the production. And before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not saying the album had weak rhymes, not at all, it's a great album.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man