Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RZA Says Black People Should Stop Scaring White Cops

Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    BTW, who would take fashion advice from a guy who dresses like a gay trucker?
    lol

this is a PR disaster
    Retired.

Pretty stupid thing to say on RZAs part. Wu-Tang mostly rap about guns and drugs, wear street shit and were hanging out in the street in their early videos. Whats his excuse for his whole career up until he went hollywood? Now that he doesn't need the street image to help his authenticity its suddenly to blame for police brutality?

Banned

Sounds like he's sucking up to the rich white elite crowd
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I thought the style lately was still to wear really tight girl pants with male purses?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I thought the style lately was still to wear really tight girl pants with male purses?
    lol that's why i find all of this funny. In all seriousness the way young black males in the hip hop culture dress right now ranks with cheerleader uniforms on the intimidation scale

Rza on the other had literally sells baggy street thug clothes with hidden marijuana pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Pretty stupid thing to say on RZAs part. Wu-Tang mostly rap about guns and drugs, wear street shit and were hanging out in the street in their early videos. Whats his excuse for his whole career up until he went hollywood? Now that he doesn't need the street image to help his authenticity its suddenly to blame for police brutality?
    In RZA's defence if you go deep into his interviews over the last ten years or so. You will see that he's realised that he was an angry young man when he first came out with Wu Tang, he said he felt kind of responsible for some of the grimey shit in the hood cos of the darker raw side when wu came out. He's a man with conscience and wants to be a positive role model in society, go search a lil Wayne interview and see how he happy to just chat shit about women drugs etc etc. RZA the opposite to that. Fast forward to A Better Tomorrow, If you read his interviews about that album, he wanted to bring hope to the youths going thru shit in these hard times. Like do you think he would really help those lost angry brothers out there by bringing the ruckus in these days and times where shit look like it could explode any minute into chaos?
    So in RZA defence no he's no perfect, he might say a few things the wrong way but at least he shows responsibility and is aware of how he may influence others. A Better Tomorrow was more or less a pop album but yet he decided it to have a slight political message where others wouldn't dare do that.
    Come on man give RZA some credit. People grow up and change, we got it bad in the hoods but for how long can we keep gang banging, hurting those around us and keep blaming the white man and others for this situation. Shits hard and to a degree a lot is the fault of outside forces but we as a people gotta take some responsibility too, then we have some power. That's how I see what RZA saying

Prospect

Wow! Rza is my favorite musician of all-time and I was in denial when it came to all the hip-hop hippie, hollywood, guitar strumming sellout talk. But wtf! Out of touch much Bobby? Rza has said some dumb shit over the years but this takes the cake.

I am white and offended as fuck by his statement. A suit is required for a pig with little man syndrome to not take your life because he was "scared" of what you were wearing?

Unbelievable...

Wu-Veteran

bobby Digital has been damaging the wutang legacy for a while now..

popularity isnt everything..time for a new abbot..rZa been MIA for more than a decade

Peace CT

Do not crucify me but I think RZA and Ringz calling the 'Shaolin' album art is actually the dumber statement. Peace

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Everybody should paint their skin white and wear camo and hold a loaded AR-15 in their hands while threatening to shoot law enforcement. You would think this would be a bad idea but apparently it's not as dangerous as resisting arrest while unarmed and black. If those Oregon rednecks were black or Muslim they'd have been dead days ago. Rza should really STFU!

-

The RZA does wear some wack clothes but he's speaking the truth about ignorant black men need to stop having problems with white cops. Those black men that were killed by the cops have themselves to blame for their deaths. I'm tired of bad black men complaining about the cops as if the cops are bothering them for no reason hahahahahahahahahahahaha. These clowns act like the cops don't have nothing better to do than bother them LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Those black men that were killed by the cops have themselves to blame for their deaths.
    definitely not true in a lot of cases

on another note welcome back to the forum CJ
    Retired.

-

Eric Garner and Trayvon Martin situations were different but the other black men that were killed by the cops are dead because they were ignorant.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.