Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake Rapper Mos Def Gets Arrested in South Africa for having Fake Passport

LOL @ speech terapist

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Why put Fake Rapper in the title though? Mos Def was Ill back in the days.
    How are you going to bitch about white people and living in the ghetto for 20 years as a millionaire but refuse to give your blood children money? I know it's common but outside of the context we're all used to that's incredibly heartless and sociopathic.

How are you going to run away from your family just to go on youtube and shove water in your nose? He's fake.

I like his performance as Gangstalicious though but I'm tired of these hotep niggas that are no better than the ppl they rap about and against.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    How are you going to bitch about white people and living in the ghetto for 20 years as a millionaire but refuse to give your blood children money? I know it's common but outside of the context we're all used to that's incredibly heartless and sociopathic.

How are you going to run away from your family just to go on youtube and shove water in your nose? He's fake.
    This is the truth right here

So many of these motherfuckers who get up there preaching their bullshit are doing the exact same shit behind closed doors
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

I like his performance as Gangstalicious though but I'm tired of these hotep niggas that are no better than the ppl they rap about and against.
    if i were to judge who i listen to based on their personal lives some of the best artists of all time would have to be turned down... i agree with what you say otherwise though i doubt that Mos is making that much money.

i read up on the child support thing (which i didn't know about before), and here is what i found:

"Years before the name change, however, Mos was in court for failing to pay child support to his estranged wife, Maria Yepes-Smith. As New York Post reported it, he was required to pay $10,000 a month to support the couple’s two daughters, a sum Bey said he couldn’t afford due to business woes and care for his other kids."

from everything i've heard about it the US system on child support seems to be messed up beyond belief, always judging in favor of the women and supporting gold diggers who doesn't mind squeezing out a little person through their coochie every time. no matter how you slice and dice it how the fuck can it be considered fair that anyone should have to pay $10.000 a month for two kids? it ain't like the mother are gonna use that for the children, maybe a 1/10 of it... bullshit system, i realize they base it on his income - but is a child's living expenses more costly because they have a rich parent?
    Last edited by claaa7; 01-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Mos Def is apparently retiring from music altogether after this debacle.. we'll see how long this will last...

Kanye West shared a message on his website tonight from Yasiin Bey f.k.a. Mos Def, who has been detained in South Africa for the last week after being arrested for using fraudulent travel documents. In the audio message, Bey starts off with a "No More Parties in S.A." freestyle, rapping, "I've committed no crime/Why is the state wasting my time?/They must be out of their minds." He also acknowledges his friendship with Kanye with the line, "Thank you Kanye West for being a real friend."

After the freestyle, he launches into a lengthy speech decrying his treatment by the South African government. "I am being prevented from leaving unjustly, unlawfully, and without any reason," he says. "I have reason to believe or suspect that there are political motivations behind the way I'm being treated." He denies using a fraudulent passport, saying "it is not a fictitious document." He also acknowledges Kendrick Lamar. "Shout out to K. Lamar, I see you my dude," he says, and also name-checks Madlib, Talib Kweli, and the Zulu nation.

Towards the end comes perhaps the most surprising part, when he announces, "I am retiring from the music recording industry as it is currently assembled today, and also from Hollywood, effective immediately. I'm releasing my final album this year, and that's that."
    here's the freestyle - https://soundcloud.com/user-501978232/mos-sa-call

I, unlike most of y'all in here it seems, thinks Mos is one of the most talented artists active in hip-hop. he put on a truly great live show when i saw him perform over here in 2014, his albums "Black On Both Sides", "The Ecstatic" and the Black Star one is pretty much all classic material... "The New Danger" and "True Magic" has it's fair share of bullshit wackness on there, but there's some really strong tracks as well - "Champion Requiem", "Modern Marvel", "Sunshine", "There is a Way", etc. Still i feel that for much of his career Mos has straight up wasted his talents, whenever he puts out a straight hip-hop album it's been held in the highest regards, yet he wants to do all that weird, artsy stuff that always seems to fail

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I agree with you claaa7. He is one of the most talented. Although I like all his albums. The one track I dislike is the loungy Casa Bey track that's it everything else is classic.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I cant find a conclusive picture of his ex wife Maria Yepes-Smith.. was wondering what she looked like since she causing this hotep all these issues. LOL