Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know any Jay-Z fans?

Default Do you know any Jay-Z fans?

So I'm hearing that the Blueprint III had a 20 million dollar marketing budget lol. Primarily because Jay was in position to bleed def jam dry. It's also well known that all his albums have budgets beyond his actual fan reach.

I don't know any Jay-z fans, except my brother. Honestly lol. Prior to coming back from retirement I didn't know any actual fans of Jay-Z everyone agrees he's 'good' but right now the only ppl that are committed to him as an artist are beyonce fans. Who buys his albums?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I used to until trap music took over as the most prominent genre of hip hop, they are bumping that now.

even wishy wash casual fans were never Jay fans. They'll say he's the shit/the man but that's about it

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by sideshow bob View Post
    lmao
    N.I.

I'm not gonna front I always liked his flow. his first album Reasonable Doubt is a personal classic (great beat selection, lyrics deal with honest emotions. 'Regrets' is one of my fav tracks ever) though it didn't make much of an impact on the hiphop scene when it was released

his second album In My Lifetime 1 was cringeworthy in places (ill intro tho) but he had some mainstream bangers on his third album Hard Knock Life. the next one Life & Times had some experimental beats which I dug

Blueprint is still a great listen imo. blueprint 2 was bloated but gets a bad rep. there's a very good one disc album in there. black album was good too

Kingdom come was lukewarm, American Gangster is critically overrated, Blueprint 3 was just unnecessary

I liked the album with Kanye cuz of the preposterous boasts and the beats

don't think anyone's waiting for a new album, not even people like me who have extensively listened to his whole catalogue. he ran out of new things to say a long time ago. not as bad as snoop but pretty close

as a record label exec at def jam the guy was a complete failure

TL ; DR : spamming euros do like jay-z
    Retired.

Yeah, lol at being a Jay-Z fan. He has changed his style and sound so much over the years to cater to the current trends and appeal to teenagers that he's lost an actual musical identity.

I think I only like 1 Jay Z song. lol

^^which one?
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    ^^which one?
    So Ghetto !

Just to add : I'm not a Jay Z fan @ all, so I'm not really across his body of work. I have given RD a listen, so I'm not saying 'So Ghetto' is his best song. Just that I like it.

-

Reasonable Doubt and In My Lifetime are the only albums of his I like and I want his wife hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree with Durag.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

I don't know any Jay-Z fans, not saying he is wack but to me he is the most overrated ever

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I'm not gonna front I always liked his flow. his first album Reasonable Doubt is a personal classic (great beat selection, lyrics deal with honest emotions. 'Regrets' is one of my fav tracks ever) though it didn't make much of an impact on the hiphop scene when it was released

his second album In My Lifetime 1 was cringeworthy in places (ill intro tho) but he had some mainstream bangers on his third album Hard Knock Life. the next one Life & Times had some experimental beats which I dug

Blueprint is still a great listen imo. blueprint 2 was bloated but gets a bad rep. there's a very good one disc album in there. black album was good too

Kingdom come was lukewarm, American Gangster is critically overrated, Blueprint 3 was just unnecessary

I liked the album with Kanye cuz of the preposterous boasts and the beats

don't think anyone's waiting for a new album, not even people like me who have extensively listened to his whole catalogue. he ran out of new things to say a long time ago. not as bad as snoop but pretty close

as a record label exec at def jam the guy was a complete failure

TL ; DR : spamming euros do like jay-z
    Thanks for taking the time out to write down my thoughts.

100% agreed.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

I still fuck with Jay.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah