Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate realities

Default Alternate realities

I wanna know what your opinion on them are, do you believe in multiverses? Do you believe you are but one version of many variables of yourself in different realities?

Where do you stand on the matter?

I absolutely believe in the multiverse, I read up on several multiverse theories occasionally over the last 3 years or so and it all seems very plausible to me.

personally I'm of the opinion déjà vus are overlapping points in different realities in the multiverse

so that's my opinion on a (semi lol) rational level

on an emotional level I find the concept of the multiverse a very consoling one. while I'm doing alright in life atm and have nothing to complain about, it is humbling, exciting and more importantly consoling at the same time to think that AT ANY GIVEN POINT OF DECISION IN YOUR LIFE you could have made another choice, creating a new multiverse. the possibilities are endless. in one reality you might actually 'get it all right'. in another one you might feel happy in circumstances you would think are out of the question in your current reality
    Retired.

bump cuz to me this is the most interesting thread in ktl in, well, forever

would love to hear more people's opinion on multiverses

I recently discussed them at work (both with teachers & with my students, on separate occasions) and today I talked to a friend about them. I was kind of surprised that no one I talked to was familiar with the concept
    Retired.

this is a solid introduction

four theories are put forward. the one I was referring to in post 2 is known as the 'many worlds theory' as derived in quantum mechanics
    the same four theories are explained here, but in writing and in bigger detail http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...universes.html

the ten dimensions in Super String Theory give us a frame work for multiverses too. this is a very short read http://www.universetoday.com/48619/a...10-dimensions/

the theory of everything (such as string theory) explained

the 11th dimension that is discussed above is supergravity (with the gravitino particle), which is a part of M-theory (M-theory unifies the 5 different forms of superstring theory that had been developed before. M-theory is not complete.) more info on that here http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...imensiona.html

same idea as in the above video but described in more detail

bonus footage
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-07-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Retired.

I always find this shit interesting. Im at work now so cant watch the videos but I will when I get home.

Ive seen some weird shit on DMT and people thing when you break through on that you can 'visit' or see different realities or dimensions.

definitely, thanks for adding on fam

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I was kind of surprised that no one I talked to was familiar with the concept
    U shouldn't b. Human beings r simple as fuck n the majority r completely incapable of thinking for themselves or contemplating anything outside of what someone else has taught/told them.

I remember when the movie 'The Butterfly Effect'came out all these simple minded fucking twats were saying how deep it was n how it 'really made them think', n I'd just despair like r u fucking serious, I've been thinking about shit like this independently since I was like 6.

That's y I can't really get along with human beings.

But yeah, I've always pondered shit like this. Never read up on it or anything tho. I've often pondered it in the context of relationships between people. Like in another reality the roles between 2 people might b completely reversed. Shit like dat.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    U shouldn't b. Human beings r simple as fuck n the majority r completely incapable of thinking for themselves or contemplating anything outside of what someone else has taught/told them.
    man, a truer statement has never been spoken, the irony of this too is, the very day i put up this status, some weirdo on here quickly turned it into his sig as if it was some funny shit or something so perculiar and outlandish i asked, You nailed it man...simple ass folk with one dimensional minds

I think humans worship themselves and don't understand that they're very insignificant and their temporary tapestry of externally influenced chemical reactions they call reality it just something that belongs to them and they'll die with it. Therefore the idea of 'alternate realities' doesn't make sense. The only alternate realities exist when you ask other people about their own reality. The idea of there being 'another earth' or 'another time' is implying that you're the main character of earth and existence, which is a very normal human mode of thinking.

Deja vu is your mind accidentally firing off the chemical sequence for 'familiarity' at the wrong time. It makes you have the feeling of experiencing a moment for a second time when there's no memory to match.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think humans worship themselves and don't understand that they're very insignificant and their temporary tapestry of externally influenced chemical reactions they call reality it just something that belongs to them and they'll die with it. Therefore the idea of 'alternate realities' doesn't make sense. The only alternate realities exist when you ask other people about their own reality. The idea of there being 'another earth' or 'another time' is implying that you're the main character of earth and existence, which is a very normal human mode of thinking.
    to me the idea of alternate realities suggests the opposite of what you're saying insofar as people need not necessarily be part of these other realities (in some theoretical models they could be part of it, in others they couldn't)

Deja vu is your mind accidentally firing off the chemical sequence for 'familiarity' at the wrong time. It makes you have the feeling of experiencing a moment for a second time when there's no memory to match.
    scientifically speaking this is probably the best explanation. however, I still view deja vu along the lines of overlap of realities. either of us could be right. atm your explanation seems the more plausible one. who knows what we'll find out about this topic in the future though

good thread
    Retired.

Both great points so far,i also thought there was an earth prime somewhere and we are secondary characters , interesting addition when the opinion that this is earth prime is always added, y'all dropping jewels man

'

Nueroscience has already tackled / possibly explained Deja Vu and near death experiences, this article about dopamine release and it's effects on the relious or non-religious is fascinating https://aeon.co/essays/the-dopamine-...er-and-fanatic.

Worth reading start to finish.

^^that was a good read
    Retired.

yeah, one of the best articles ive read in a while

i been meaning to post for a while. but videos by michio kako, always turn me the fuck off,. theirs always another agenda to his views,

anywhose, enjoy

my views are that we live in a holographic quantum multiverse.

everything is connected,.

the best video to explain this in less than 6 mins