Thread: Dave Mirra dies of apparent suicide

Default Dave Mirra dies of apparent suicide

'

RIP, he was a huge inspiration growing up.

Very sad news, Same here Bob. I rode BMX from the age of like 7 until I was about 22-23 loved the sport. RIP

wow

RIP
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

Mirra definitely kept pushing the boundary of bmx to the next level. Always enjoyed watching his runs at the X-Games riding to some Social Distortion.

Even outside BMX, he seemed to live his life to the fullest and seemed to always have something happening in his life on his Instagram. It's sad for his daughters. I still checked for him since he seemed to transition his focus from a bmx bike to a road bike/triathlete and he put up crazy bike speeds on Strava (when he had it). I've transitioned to road biking and running too which seems to be a passion to focus on after bmx for a lot of people that were passionate about it.

I wonder if his 2010 illness of being diagnosed with bacterial meningitis played a factor or CTE from all the slams he took. One would think it was something that would stop him from living his life 110% which he did.

A couple months back I finally felt no need for my bmx collection anymore and gave it away to someone still in the lifestyle. Held onto one bmx if I ever have the itch.
    Last edited by madchild; 02-05-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    Mirra definitely kept pushing the boundary of bmx to the next level. Always enjoyed watching his runs at the X-Games riding to some Social Distortion.

Even outside BMX, he seemed to live his life to the fullest and seemed to always have something happening in his life on his Instagram. It's sad for his daughters. I still checked for him since he seemed to transition his focus from a bmx bike to a road bike/triathlete and he put up crazy bike speeds on Strava (when he had it). I've transitioned to road biking and running too which seems to be a passion to focus on after bmx for a lot of people that were passionate about it.

I wonder if his 2010 illness of being diagnosed with bacterial meningitis played a factor or CTE from all the slams he took. One would think it was something that would stop him from living his life 110% which he did.

A couple months back I finally felt no need for my bmx collection anymore and gave it away to someone still in the lifestyle. Held onto one bmx if I ever have the itch.
    I've still got my old bike man, Original Terrible One Barcode frame, Ian Morris forks, Perv seat, Primo cranks and pedals, Mc neil chain guard haha love that shit ain't been on it for like 10 years, might have to go out on it when the weather warms up

PRODIGAL SUN

^ Awesome. Never owned a Terrible One frame but had a T1 36t Sprocket.

Recently, gave away two Standard STA500 completes and a Haro Master Flatland bike I had setup. Almost broke my back lifting them off their hooks hanging in the basement. They're so heavy compared to today's bikes.

Holding onto my Sunday OG Wave so that I can ride around with my niece and nephew.
    Last edited by madchild; 02-05-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madchild View Post
    ^ Awesome. Never owned a Terrible One frame but had a T1 36t Sprocket.

Recently, gave away two Standard STA500 completes and a Haro Master Flatland bike I had setup. Almost broke my back lifting them off their hooks hanging in the basement. They're so heavy compared to today's bikes.

Holding onto my Sunday OG Wave so that I can ride around with my niece and nephew.
    lol yeah man, my bike weighs in at a good 35-40lb. I seen the stuff people riding around on today, so light its unreal.