Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lol america.

England wanted all of Ireland, have since the 1100's when they began invading us and ruled over the country for centuries and decimated the Irish population. The only reason they still have northern Ireland is coz during the Easter rising 1916 and the war of independence, the only deal they would reach in regards a free Irish state was to keep the 6 counties in the north so the country was divided in two. There is no strategic reason as far as I know only for the English hating having to finally lose to us and give up Ireland so they got petty and wouldnt give it all up.

Yeah everyone in NI gets all the UK benefits, but they were all moved in initially by the English so they would outnumber the Irish there and take all the jobs etc and the Irish were second class citizens. Not sure how many say they are loyalists and / or protestants but I would say a huge number.

BBC named Oliver Cromwell as one of the best Britons of all time. During the 1600's he killed half a million Irish and sold hundreds of thousands to slavery. That didnt go down too well in Ireland

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Sine the peace process in the north things have improved a lot. Its still a little dodgy for me to go to certain loyalist areas but its better than when we were kids and my father having to check under the car for bombs if we entered the north coz of our Republic car plates.

Still a lot of sectarian hate between republicans and loyalist and every now and then violence breaks out again and you hear about attacks by real IRA on PSNI officers or bombs been planted but since the peace process its been really quiet thank fuck.

There are still a lot of Irish who want a unified Ireland and get rid of British involvement in the north but there are so many loyalists there now and people sympathetic to the English that its not going to happen.

The 800 years of occupation is still a touchy subject. Saying Ireland is in the UK is one sure way to piss off most Irish people lol
    my dad and grandad had to live through the troubles lol. i remember lady gaga pissed off a lot of people by waving a tricolour in the odyssey lol

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by cj wisty View Post
    my dad and grandad had to live through the troubles lol. i remember lady gaga pissed off a lot of people by waving a tricolour in the odyssey lol
    Lol didnt know about Lady Gaga doing that. Fair fucks to her

Non Ignorant Math Team

Lol didnt know about Lady Gaga doing that. Fair fucks to her
    she did it because i think she is totally clueless and didnt really know what she was doing. dont think she was trying to make a point lol.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by cj wisty View Post
    she did it because i think she is totally clueless and didnt really know what she was doing. dont think she was trying to make a point lol.
    Lol yeah definitely

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    What's the big gain for the English to keep Northern Ireland? Is it flexing type thing? Is there any strategic or economic advantage for the English to remain there?

And are these loyalists provided with certain benefits from UK membership? Is that why they remain with them? As far are the Ethnic Irish are concerned?

Also how many Englishmen live in Northern Ireland?
    No one wants Northern Ireland it's a bad drain on resources. But It's in Britain now so mainland is stuck with it.

Theres more benefits living in the uk than the republic. I don't know how many "ethnic Irish" there are. People naturally interbreed plus I think when the plantations happened large parts of Ireland were empty in certain areas so in certain areas more people are descended more English and Scottish people. I think most northern Irish people have Scottish and English surnames although I'm not completely sure.

NON-IGS

When the plantations started in the 1600's all the Catholic Irish were told either to go to hell or to connacht (as the saying goes) literally. If they didnt move to the west of Ireland where the soil was useless and they could be penned in by the sea in case the English decided "fuck it lets kill them all", they and their familys would be slaughtered. Some stayed on as tenants and servants but most moved to make way for English lords.

Fuck me Cromwell was a cunt.

N yeah quite a few Scottish and English surnames in the north but depends what part. Derry is pretty much a republic or Ireland town thats stuck up there.

England wanted all of Ireland, have since the 1100's when they began invading us and ruled over the country for centuries and decimated the Irish population. The only reason they still have northern Ireland is coz during the Easter rising 1916 and the war of independence, the only deal they would reach in regards a free Irish state was to keep the 6 counties in the north so the country was divided in two. There is no strategic reason as far as I know only for the English hating having to finally lose to us and give up Ireland so they got petty and wouldnt give it all up.

Yeah everyone in NI gets all the UK benefits, but they were all moved in initially by the English so they would outnumber the Irish there and take all the jobs etc and the Irish were second class citizens. Not sure how many say they are loyalists and / or protestants but I would say a huge number.

BBC named Oliver Cromwell as one of the best Britons of all time. During the 1600's he killed half a million Irish and sold hundreds of thousands to slavery. That didnt go down too well in Ireland

BBC is scum.
    Other than propaganda idk why the UK poses like a democracy. It has 3 branches of government and only 1 is democratic (which they push in everyone's face for that reason). This is the arrangement in most dictatorships, they're just more likely to put the head of state in everyone's face. It has a state media outfit that it uses to spread nonsense and propaganda, a state religion etc. Very useless country.

Anyways is there any hopes of the north joining the rest of Ireland or becoming it's own country?

also what become of the IRA?

Banned

That's an interesting history. I was aware of the rift between the two and of Cromwells deeds. I might study up on some of that.

I met a lot of Irish people when I went to Europe both in Amsterdam and in the U.S. Airports. I went on St. Paddys so they were all on holiday.

Some of the most friendly people I've ever come across in passing. I know a lot of Irish-Americans so I understood the culture plus being raised catholic and whatnot.

But I will say this..... Sometimes I don't know what the fuck they're saying lol. Some of those accents thick.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    BBC is scum.
    Other than propaganda idk why the UK poses like a democracy. It has 3 branches of government and only 1 is democratic (which they push in everyone's face for that reason). This is the arrangement in most dictatorships, they're just more likely to put the head of state in everyone's face. It has a state media outfit that it uses to spread nonsense and propaganda, a state religion etc. Very useless country.

Anyways is there any hopes of the north joining the rest of Ireland or becoming it's own country?

also what become of the IRA?
    No, at this stage I dont think there is any hope of the North joining the south or becoming its own country. The loyalists there are as much pro UK as the republicans are pro a wholly 32 country free Irish state. Been part of the UK defines the protestants there so much, you see the British flag in the loyalist areas of Belfast, ENGLISH pubs etc that it would be losing there identity if they were not part of it.

The IRA have split into factions. You have Real IRA, Provisional IRA, Continuity IRA etc. Some are basically just criminal organizations now involved in policing all the countries criminal gangs, so they basically pay up to the IRA. A friend of mine was dealing weed and got a phone call one day from a branch of the IRA saying if he didnt have 20 grand the following day his body would be found in a ditch so he had to go on the run.

My parents live in a small village in the countryside and the mountains just behind there house is where a branch of the IRA take people and torture them for whatever reason. Criminal gangs have tried to stand up to them and not pay but its pointless. They can wipe out an entire gang numbering hundreds in no time.

Other factions are still involved in the fight for a full free Irish state and you hear of PSNI officers been murdered by them, and car bombs going off in the north but they have been pretty quiet in general since the peace process.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    That's an interesting history. I was aware of the rift between the two and of Cromwells deeds. I might study up on some of that.

I met a lot of Irish people when I went to Europe both in Amsterdam and in the U.S. Airports. I went on St. Paddys so they were all on holiday.

Some of the most friendly people I've ever come across in passing. I know a lot of Irish-Americans so I understood the culture plus being raised catholic and whatnot.

But I will say this..... Sometimes I don't know what the fuck they're saying lol. Some of those accents thick.
    There is still a lot of hatred in Ireland for England. Especially in the border counties with the north. Just north of where im from in is Donegal, and if you walk around with an English football jersey, or anything to do with England you will be attacked. A friend of mine was there for college and had a pair of trainers that had a fuckin tiny union jack on it that he didnt even notice and was beaten up four times coz of it. Had to throw out the trainers.

Yeah the accents... Half hour north of where im from I can barely understand them. Half hour south is another different accent. Where im from there is specific accents for the part of the county your from. Dublin has two distinct accents depending what part of the city your from and the south of Ireland has completely different accents again which are all horrible lol. Just a radius of 100 miles can completely change the accent. All of Ireland would fit into half of Alberta where i live now, and Ireland has over 40 different and pretty distinct accents and Alberta pretty much has 1.

The most threatening and terrifying accent for most Irish people in the republic is a thick Belfast accent saying he is going to break your legs.

Yeah the history is really interesting. Must read up on it again I forget a lot. We were all forced to speak English as well which is why Irish people do, coz our language was considered primitive and savage. Only certain parts of Ireland such as Connemara and parts of Donegal and the west still speak Irish as their first language.

Considering all the Irish in the states I was always wondering how there wasnt a Braveheart style movie made about Ireland. The nine years war in the 1500's would be dope to see as a movie.

And yeah BBC is scum. State run propaganda.