Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lol america.

Default lol america.

Idiocracy is Real: City Reelects Mayor After He Spent 7-Years in Jail for Robbing them Blind
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/idi...8zKrdQ0fdSp.99

Bridgeport, CT — At 43-years-old, Joseph P. Ganim had been the mayor of Connecticut’s largest city for 12 years before stepping down to be arrested and convicted on multiple corruption charges.

On March 19, 2003, a federal court convicted Ganim of 16 counts of criminal misconduct, including racketeering, extortion, bribery, tax evasion and mail fraud.

Federal Judge, Janet Bond Arterton sentenced the former mayor to nine years in prison for “systematically using his office to enrich himself.” Since his sentence was under ten years, Ganim, who undoubtedly would have been torn to shreds in a real prison, was able to serve out his ‘punishment’ in a federal camp, where conditions are far less restrictive than an actual prison.

After serving only seven of the nine years of his sentence, Ganim was signed out of the Watkinson Halfway House in Hartford for the final time on July 19, 2010.

For the next several years, this political criminal would strive to regain his law license and even have local attorneys recommend him to be readmitted to the bar. However, for the time being, his license was not reinstated and clearer heads prevailed.

Until now.

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015, after being reelected in a landslide vote, Joe Ganim was sworn into the office of the mayor – for the second time. Only now, this pillar of society is a convicted felon.

In the Land of the Free, a 17-year-old kid can get caught with an arbitrary amount of an illegal plant and get sentenced to life in prison. If that kid is lucky enough only to spend a few years in prison, the chances of him getting a decent job are slim to none because of the felony conviction check.

However, if you are a well-connected wealthy politician, you can get caught stealing from the people you represent, get convicted, avoid real jail, avoid serving your entire sentence, and get re-elected by the very simpletons you once stole.

The kid arrested for marijuana, who had zero victims, is banned from voting for the rest of his life, while the man who looted from hundreds of thousands of people, gets voted into office!

This case epitomizes the problem with American politics – and the blind citizens who act as fuel for this corrupt and murderous machine.

As Southpark pointed out in their classic 2004 season, Americans only have the illusion of choice when it comes to electing your rulers. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, the election is between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

Apparently, the citizens of Bridgeport voted for the Giant Douche over the Turd Sandwich, or vice versa.

When a convicted criminal, who’s been found guilty of betraying the people’s trust through stealing, lying, racketeering, and fraud, can be elected to the town’s highest position, twice, tyranny is not looming — it is here.

Ironically, the corrupt Mayor has promised a “transparent government, accessible and accountable to our citizens.”

What’s that saying…..Fool me once?

The American citizens have become the proverbial dependent battered spouse. They are so afraid at speaking out, or challenging the status quo, for fear of repercussions, that they would rather stay with their criminal thug government than ponder a viable and freer alternative.

Congratulations Bridgeport, you’ve either become the laughing stock of the nation or blueprint for future America.

Federal Judge Sentences Former Mayor of Bridgeport to 9 Years in Corruption Case
    By ALISON LEIGH COWAN
    Published: July 2, 2003
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/02/ny...tion-case.html

thus skam-pope reclaimeth the bridgeport throne

over are his days of repent and dishwashing
    Retired.

'

Look @ the city council of Flint, MI. I read through their track records earlier. Like.. 1-2 convicted felons and a couple people who've filed for bankruptcy with the power of overseeing budgets. smh.

indeed, yet its all still above board, and those people get back into power...

there is this illusion of how the east is backwards and rife full of corruption. when history has shown the corps and people in power in the west, have way more corruption, and use corruption and illegal means to extort resources and influence across the globe,,

as long as its inside legislation, its legal. no matter how fucking horrid and evil it is...

'

The global corruption is complex and like a kaleioscope. I recently spoke with some low key DBA for an intel agency at a bar who sort of blew his cover after a few shots hee hee. I dropped a few acronyms that you don't ever hear mentioned in public convos. He was recently stationed in syria in some underground bunker. I think his get up of a 90's windbreaker and stephen king glasses & dad jeans was his nonchalant 'civilian' attire.

'

I did watch The Last Castle earlier, so my animosity towards internal corruption is 'shkreli 5000' (cilvaringz coined that)

In nigeria they just voted in a guy that warned the military to stop attacking boko haram, vowed life long dedication to sharia law, has no education, and previously overthrew the government in the 70s, killed and jail journalists and opposition and oversaw the end of Nigeria's first 'boom' era (and now the second)

it never ceases to amaze me how some former dictators get reelected years later in a democratic way (not talking about rigged elections here)

people forget about the crocodile feeding quickly it seems
    Retired.

They're just dumb. After 4 years everything in Nigeria is forgotten. They actually avoid teaching history in schools. I think it was an old colonial policy but since they don't learn history nobody has been able to think above it and change it. The inability to put things in context, think forward, and apply perspective will blow your mind.
    History is taught by parents personally and so everyone has their own idea of what color the sky is.

Most people in traditionally non democratic countries don't have democratic thinking either, so they're very comfortable with dictators because many believe the more power someone has the more capable they are. The current 'president' in Nigeria says he can't 'do anything' because of the 'constitution'.

There's also a tribal element that made the last election a situation where if a shoe from the north would have ran it would have won.
    Last edited by TSA; 02-22-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Most people in traditionally non democratic countries don't have democratic thinking either, so they're very comfortable with dictators because many believe the more power someone has the more capable they are.
    I never looked at it that way but I can see now how people would think that way

interesting
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    They're just dumb. After 4 years everything in Nigeria is forgotten.
    Same thing in Ireland.

Elections are on now and people are talking voting Fianna Fail again, the party whos corruption was the stuff of legend, who bankrupted the whole country, took bribes everywhere, invested in their banker friends who gave them billions in loans at the expense of taxpayers and pretty much destroyed the country and have thousands of ordinary people on the poverty line now, home evictions, gang violence springing up etc. But people think they should vote for them now coz they dont like the current party who had to clean up their mess.

People in Ireland vote who their parents and grandparents etc voted.

There is a real fear Sinn Fein will get elected so the propaganda machine is in full swing. All front page articles mention IRA & war and what Sinn Fein have been involved with in the past and what will happen if you vote for them, but none of the other parties get the same treatment. Fianna Fail supported priests who molested kids throughout the century and covered it up after finding out but they are not mentioning that coz they are part of the corporate machine who the press and the media support along with Fine Geal.

Wish I was at home to vote for Sinn Fein. Fuckin terrify the establishment if they got into power.

Banned

Will Ireland ever get it together? What are they still fighting about?

Pretty despicable that this had to happen to my city smh. As much as I love where I'm from I also Thank god that I moved out years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    Will Ireland ever get it together? What are they still fighting about?
    Sine the peace process in the north things have improved a lot. Its still a little dodgy for me to go to certain loyalist areas but its better than when we were kids and my father having to check under the car for bombs if we entered the north coz of our Republic car plates.

Still a lot of sectarian hate between republicans and loyalist and every now and then violence breaks out again and you hear about attacks by real IRA on PSNI officers or bombs been planted but since the peace process its been really quiet thank fuck.

There are still a lot of Irish who want a unified Ireland and get rid of British involvement in the north but there are so many loyalists there now and people sympathetic to the English that its not going to happen.

The 800 years of occupation is still a touchy subject. Saying Ireland is in the UK is one sure way to piss off most Irish people lol

Banned

What's the big gain for the English to keep Northern Ireland? Is it flexing type thing? Is there any strategic or economic advantage for the English to remain there?

And are these loyalists provided with certain benefits from UK membership? Is that why they remain with them? As far are the Ethnic Irish are concerned?

Also how many Englishmen live in Northern Ireland?