Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang recorded new music in Australia

Banned

Default Wu-Tang recorded new music in Australia

“Wu-Tang Clan. You know it’s gonna be a late finish when these guys drop round to Ginger Studios,” the owners of the Cremorne, Victoria recording studio wrote on their official Facebook page. Indeed, the legendary hip-hop group ended up staying for 10 hours.

Speaking to FasterLouder, chief engineer Jimi Wyatt explained that Wu-Tang members RZA, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Master Killa, and DJ Mathematics dropped by Ginger Studios as they were looking for a place offering “quality, reliability, privacy and LOUD[ness]!”.

After calling Wyatt in the morning, the group entered the studio at 4pm and stayed until the early morning. “They’ve been doing this now for long enough to know how to set the mood for their sessions,” Wyatt told FasterLouder.

“It wasn’t a party per se – with the session only being open to their crew as they’re serious artists that want to work.” According to Wyatt, Wu-Tang’s stay was “primarily a writing session” though done in their own particular style.

“They play the beat ridiculously loud while everyone vibes off the track to get into a space where they can write a verse. It feels like a gig where they can try new things lyrically and create,” Wyatt explained.

“Raekwon was the first to drop a verse in the control room and he totally tore it up, it was more of a performance with a couple of punch-ins to try different ideas. Then Ghostface Killah got in the booth and put down verses for two other tracks, he preferred to do his thing in there rather than in the control room.”

“GZA wrote a lot, [while] DJ Mathematics and Master Killa were in to keep the vibe up.” Melbourne rapper Ivan Ooze, who’s supporting Wu-Tang Clan during their Australian tour, which kicks off in Melbourne tonight, also nabbed an invite to the session.

“Yesterday I showed Ghostface around Melbourne and he really wanted to get some UGG boots for back home, so we searched together for the whole day, ate maccas, and by the end of it, when I went to drop him off at the studio, he asked if I wanted to drink and keep chilling so of course I did,” Ooze told Tone Deaf.

“I met all the members, basically had a good chat to all of them about the current hip-hop scene and life while they were working on tracks.” When asked about the Wu-Tang’s workflow, Ooze explained, “It was really laid-back but surreal.”

“Like they were all just walking round, drinking/smoking and just talking shit with everyone with a RZA beat in the background, playing ping-pong and just busting freestyle rhymes. It was crazy fun.” So can we expect a Wu-Tang appearance on an upcoming Ooze joint?

“Ghost jumped on a track with me yesterday and it’s fuckin’ dope. It will be out later this year.”

Ginger Studios
    on Monday
    Wu Tang Clan. You know it's gonna be a late finish when these guys drop round to @ginger_studios ‪#‎wutangclan‬

“Yesterday I showed Ghostface around Melbourne and he really wanted to get some UGG boots for back home
    hahahaha

In before all the disrespect.

Let's get one last album in that is done and hits the core that we want and I really like ABT but that's a different style.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

WU-TANG CLAN RECORD NEW MUSIC IN 10-HOUR AUSSIE STUDIO SESSION
    Share0 Written by Tom Williams on February 23, 2016
    Currently down under for their 2016 Australian tour, hip hop legends Wu-Tang Clan have graced Melbourne’s Ginger Studios with their presence for a huge 10-hour session, where they recorded the beginnings of a handful of new tracks.

As FasterLouder reports, Wu-Tang members RZA, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, Master Killa and producer DJ Mathematics hit up the Cremorne studio yesterday, after contacting chief engineer Jimi Wyatt in search of something that has “quality, reliability, privacy and loud!”.

Wyatt says Wu-Tang’s time in the studio was “primarily a writing session”, which kicked off at 4pm and finished up in the early morning. “It wasn’t a party per se, with the session only being open to their crew as they’re serious artists that want to work,” he says.

Wyatt says he and RZA recorded parts of four new songs during Wu-Tang’s session, with other group members throwing their own verses onto the tracks later in the night.

“Raekwon was the first to drop a verse in the control room and he totally tore it up, it was more of a performance with a couple of punch-ins to try different ideas,” Wyatt says.

“Then Ghostface Killah got in the booth and put down verses for two other tracks, he preferred to do his thing in there rather than in the control room. GZA wrote a lot, [while] DJ Mathematics and Master Killa were in to keep the vibe up.

“They play the beat ridiculously loud while everyone vibes off the track to get into a space where they can write a verse. It feels like a gig where they can try new things lyrically and create.”

Wu-Tang Clan’s released their latest album, Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, as a single vinyl copy in 2015, but it looks like their next release just might include some locally recorded tunes.

Wu-Tang kick off their Australian tour in Melbourne tonight, before heading to Sydney and Brisbane. Catch all of their local tour dates below, and the tour’s confirmed Wu-Tang lineup right here.

Local MC Ivan Ooze, who is supported Wu-Tang’s current Aussie tour, has also shared a photo (below) of him and his DJ with Ghostface Killah, saying, “Cookin’ dat new new up in the kitchen today with the legendary Ghostface Killah. y’all ain’t ready.”

Read more at http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/wu-tan...aCx2GkmHwc7.99
    We do it for the people.

Here's footage lol. . .

https://youtu.be/IT1Tm0H5zXc

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

at the very least, great to see them together

the freestyle was lame but feels good to see Rza passing off to Ghost

Peace CT

Over/under on how long til Raekwon comes out and says he wasn't feeling the beat from the session? Kinda kidding n yes glad to see them together. Peace

Veteran Member

Default Australian interview with RZA, Rae N Ghost

Banned

Lmao Wu Tang were on KIIS???? that's gay as fuck
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Agreed on the "It's good to see them together" part. Hopefully they can turn all that bad press around in their favor

'

I'm just gonna assume Ghost was talking about these mens uggs. Still..

thanks for posting

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Is gza going to be on the walking dead?

lmao we're like giggling 16 year old school girls after we heard the clan had a lil studio session

we're far gone ... this is what excites us now. also it's noteworthy news to some hiphop media outlets? lol okay the clan were in the studio together. they tour the planet all the damn time and they somehow managed to make it into the studio in bumsville. epic. these dudes should be in the studio together like every week while on tour

now watch mathematics snatch this track for his next compilation, he's gonna add an eyez low verse that's so bad you wish that one dude in kris kross had never died
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-25-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Retired.