Thread: Vanity aka Denise Matthews Died

-

Default Vanity aka Denise Matthews Died

She died last week I believe on Monday and she was 56 or 57. She died of kidney failure. I was in love with Vanity in the 80's when I was a kid. She only did a few albums and she did some movies like The Last Dragon with Taimak and Action Jackson with Carl Weathers, Sharon Stone and Craig T Nelson. The guy that was Taimak's brother died and the guy that played Sho Nuff who Taimak fought also died. RIP to them. I love Vanity's songs Nasty Girl, Pretty Mess and Undress. I posted comments to her Nasty Girl performance on Soul Train on Youtube yesterday. Her lyrics made me laugh when she said I'm looking for a man who will do it anywhere even on the limousine floor LOL. It's been a long time since I had a man that did it real good LOL. If you ain't scared, take it out. I'll do it like a real live nasty girl should LOL.

I got several pictures of her on my Facebook page and I'm gonna miss her. She was the first black woman singer to wear sexy clothes and sing about sex. She paved the way for Beyoncé, Rihanna and Christina Milian to do what they do and she never gets the credit for that. I bet these women I named don't even know who Vanity is. Vanity had a short singing and acting careers because she almost died from drugs years ago. She decided to quit the entertainment industry and become a church preacher. She had been a preacher for awhile and she talked about religion often. I stopped being a fan of her's when she did that because I'm not a church fan. I believe there's lots of hypocrites at church and women are suckers for church preachers hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Church preachers are rich because of women LOL. That's why church preachers have nice cars and nice houses LOL. I do admit that the church I went to when I was a teenager was alright because it was small and I like small churches. Big black churches have too many people and their services are too long. Prince said he was gonna marry Vanity back in the day and I wonder why he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

RIP to Vanity
    Retired.

-

Thanks Lee for your comments. It's a damn shame that you were the only one that responded about Vanity and nobody else said nothing about her death as if she's not important. That's sad because she was a music pioneer and she was the first black woman singer to sing about sex and wear sexy clothes. She paved the way for Beyoncé, Rihanna and Christina Milian to do what they do and they don't know who she is. They could probably care less who Vanity is. I bet they think Madonna is the first one who wore sexy clothes and sang about sex hahahahahahahahaha. Madonna and Vanity did come out around the same time in 1983. I saw a old interview with Vanity talking about the reason why she wore sexy clothes and sang about sex is because that's what Prince wanted her to do LOL. She said Prince told her that if she didn't do that, she wasn't gonna get paid LOL.

Lee Towers, did you know she came out with a book called Blame It On Vanity? I didn't read it but the book is supposed to be about her life and her entertainment career. I think the reason why the book is called that is because she blames her entertainment career for the reason why she almost died from a drug overdose years ago. That's why one of her kidneys was bad because she used so much drugs and that's the reason why she died recently. Her kidney I guess didn't get better even though she did live good for several years after she almost died years ago. Vanity should've never used drugs and she can't blame her entertainment career on that which is what she did. She hung out with bad people and she dated rock singers who did drugs and that's why she used drugs. I believe if she hadn't done drugs, she would've continued singing and doing movies. I never watched her religious videos on Youtube because I didn't wanna hear her talking about religion. I stopped being a fan because i'm not a church fan because there's a lot of hypocrites at church. I don't like church preachers using people because they expect to get money from people so they can have nice cars and nice houses LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^^I need to order this book (you might remember I take a keen interest in any artists somehow involved with Prince), thanks for mentioning it. I hadn't heard of it before. you'll be happy to know Prince's first album on TIDAL was stronzo btw. he's already released a follow up but I'm still reeling from the first one
    Retired.

-

Prince said he was gonna marry Vanity back in the day but he didn't and I wonder why he didn't. She was the hottest woman outta all the women he's dated. Lee Towers, go to Youtube and check out Vanity's interview with Donnie Simpson who used to host BET's Video Soul. She made me laugh when she talked about Prince because she said the first time she met him was at the American Music Awards. She said a woman that worked for Prince came up to her and said can you take Prince to the bathroom? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Donnie said well did you take him? Vanity said oh gosh no hahahahahahahahahahaha. Then she said Prince told her if you love me, you'll move to Minnesota. She said oooh what a drop dead line LOL. She said Prince wasn't mad at her when she left him because she said she wanted to be on her own and work with other producers.

Vanity 6 mix https://www.play.fm/djpolishedsolid/...n-unstoned-272

Some of the tracklisting:
    Seven - Madhouse - Paisley Park
    He's So Dull - Vanity 6 - Warner Bros
    Orgasm - Prince - Warner Bros
    Samuelle - Vanity - Motown
    Ouch - Vanity - Motown
    Pretty Mess (Long Version) - Vanity - Motown
    3 X 2 = 6 - Vanity 6 - Warner Bros
    If A Girl Answers (Don't Hang Up) - Vanity 6 - Warner Bros
    The Walk - Time - Warner Bros
    Undress (Extended Version) - Vanity - Motown
    Under The Influence (Mid-day Mix) - Vanity - Motown
    Flippin' Out - Vanity - MotownNasty Girl - Vanity 6 - Warner Bro
    sWild animal - Vanity - Motown
    Never Too Young to Die Trailer
    Mechanical Emotion (long version) - Vanity - Motown
    Last Dragon Trailer
    Four - Madhouse - Paisley Park
    The Dopamine Rush - Eric Leeds - Paisley Park
    Skin On Skin - Vanity - Motown
    Wet Dream - Vanity 6 - Warner Bros
    Retired.

-

LOL@some of her song titles like Pretty Mess, Nasty Girl, Wet Dream, He's So Dull and If A Girl Answers(Don't Hang Up). I posted on her Facebook page about Prince dying and I posted on Appolonia Kotero's Facebook page today. I watched Appolonia 6's Sex Shooter video today on Youtube because I hadn't seen it in a long time. That's a nice jam. Appolonia was cute back in the day but Vanity was hotter. I saw a few recent pictures of Appolonia on her Facebook page and she hasn't aged well LOL.

Vanity's book 'Blame it on Vanity' is currently selling for £560 wow ...

btw prices on eBay for Prince LPs are soaring as well. around $100 for most LPs
    Retired.

btw Rosie Gaines (from the Diamonds & Pearls era) has been in very bad health for a while now. I hope she pulls through
    Retired.

-

That's crazy that Vanity's book is expensive and I don't wanna read it anyway because she's making excuses for the reason why she chose to do drugs hahahahahahahahahahaha. She acted like she didn't have a brain and she did drugs because people forced her to LOL. I love her anyway but nobody can force you to do bad things. She knew that drugs wasn't good for her and she knew that using them can kill you.