• Conor McGregor

1 50.00%
  • Nate Diaz

1 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMA: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz

PRODIGAL SUN

Default MMA: Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz

So is there any chance for Nate to win on 10 days notice? I hope he wins so the Conor hype train become humble. Nate needs to exploit his ground game.

Last edited by madchild; 02-28-2016 at 04:59 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

PRODIGAL SUN

Stockton slap all night.

PRODIGAL SUN

Dissapointing McGregor didn't win, but the man went up a weight just for this fight I think people are forgetting that. And wasn't Nate training for a triathlon?

Still McGregor took the defeat like a champ, didn't bitch or whine or whine like Rousey. Proud irishman who has a whole country behind him. He'll be back in no time

I love how the irish chants of Ole Ole Ole can be heard over all else at te events considering the distance those fans have to travel

What a way to end the hype. And that the true warrior Nate Diaz made him tap out like a bitch makes this so much greater. Diaz brothers been my favorite fighters since I started watching this shit. Nate Diaz went up in weight too, and that on 10 days notice, ate that irish piece of shit soul. WAR DIAZ! Haha

I wouldn't go that far, Conor was lighting him up the whole fight prior to the last minute. I didn't care for this pointless fight anyway, the Tate V Holm fight was the fight people should be talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySmuggler View Post
    What a way to end the hype. And that the true warrior Nate Diaz made him tap out like a bitch makes this so much greater. Diaz brothers been my favorite fighters since I started watching this shit. Nate Diaz went up in weight too, and that on 10 days notice, ate that irish piece of shit soul. WAR DIAZ! Haha
    End the hype lol McGregor will be back stronger than ever and when did Nate go up weight? Hes been training for a triathlon that 10 days notice shit is bullshit. Theres a reason McGregor is the most popular highest paid fighter in MMA right now. Nate is a nobody compared to McGregor and considering he is from the US he had like zero support compared to McGregor whos fans had to travel thousands of miles overseas to see him fight.

Plus McGregor went up two whole divisions in short notice, if it would have been fair they should have met at 155lbs

You should know that McGregor is drying himself more than most any other fighter Ive ever seen, maybe except Rumble at ww is the only one i can think of. He's a natural lw, same as Diaz, who also fights at lw if you did not know. Also it was McGregor that didnt accept the fight at 155. Some of the McGregor fans seem completely delusional, I cannot help finding that entertaining.
    The talk of beating Lawler, even the mw champ, will finally go silent. Back down to fighting midgets then. It will be interesting to see how he deals with Edgar, and then Dos Anjos after, who I think could kill McG if he wanted.
    Also, training for a triathlon is kind of different from training and sparring for a fight, haha

It's diff but it's still training. People acting like nate was sitting on his fuckin ass until he got the call. Gtfo.

McGregor will come back and wipe the floor with everyone in the weight class. He made a mistake coming up n weight but he admits that himself.

PRODIGAL SUN

Well, for the love of god I hope Nate Diaz doesn't test positive for weed. Conor and his delusional fans will negate the loss if he does and forget how he got owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    And wasn't Nate training for a triathlon?
    Diaz was down in Cabo two weeks out from the fight and apparently had an illness when he was down there from drinking the water which caused him to lose some weight.

I don't think Nate trains for triathlons like Nick does. Nate posts short ass MTB bike rides booting around Stockton on Strava and Nick use to post long road rides before he changed his settings to Private.

Hes been training for a triathlon that 10 days notice shit is bullshit.
    O'rly? https://www.instagram.com/p/BB3jlyPO...ediaz209&hl=en

Plus McGregor went up two whole divisions in short notice, if it would have been fair they should have met at 155lbs
    He technically went up 1 weight class on short notice. Conor kills himself to get to 145. Diaz kills himself to get to 155.

I just find it amusing leading up to the fight how Conor fans wrote off Diaz, especially his jiu jitsu and even his boxing. Cerrone is one of my favorite fighters and Diaz schooled him with his boxing and reach. I think Conor would have lost to Cerrone too and dodged a fighter in shape.

Conor is good at selling fights like Mayweather. He's also pretty good at hand-picking his opponents.

Looking at his record it's not all that impressive:

- José Aldo: Legit knockout. A bit lucky if you ask me.
    - Chad Mendes: Chad owned the 1st round with his wrestling but on short notice, a wrestler needs more than two weeks notice to get good Cardio. Wrestling is all about cardio and it wasn't there halfway through the second.
    - Dennis Siver: What was the point of this fight? Silver was 36 at the time and again has no cardio.

I'd have to watch the Dustin Poirier and Max Holloway fight to see what went down. Probably the best examples of good wins showcasing McGregor's game.

The rest of the fighters he beat are not top-ranked fighters.

Nate's been in some wars before. He's a southpaw and Conor power hand is his left, so it's not surprising he opened up scar tissue early on the right side.

Aftermath from Past fights:

Same cut versus Melvin Guillard and he won by Submission (guillotine choke)

Still find it funny Diaz states he's "the 145lb champ now" @3:10

Last edited by madchild; 03-07-2016 at 09:58 PM.

PRODIGAL SUN

McGregor will come back and wipe the floor with everyone in the weight class. He made a mistake coming up n weight but he admits that himself.
    McGregor will need until July 9, 2016 (UFC 200) to cut weight anyways. Built up a lot of muscle for this fight. Can't be easy to take that off I would think.

I hope it's against Frankie.