Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Prodigal Sunn "THE SPARK" featuring WU Family tree

review thread with poll upped http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...017-SUNN-Ent-)

peace
    Retired.

masta killa goes OFF in his verse damn
    Retired.

^ yeah that's one of the illest Masta Killa verses since the Forever days probably, god damn!

illest joint on the whole album might be the last one though. solid album for sure

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Don't usually do this but great job P.Sunn. Best thing was hearing 60 Sec rhyming and singing again, P.Sunn picking up his old style of rhyming and that track with Killa and Cap.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    just listened to the full album.....

Dear Wu-tang,

This is the kind of music we want to hear.

Sincerely yours, the fans.

P Sunn killed it. Beat selection is crazy. 90% of these beats could've been made by the original elements back in the 90s...

Sounds raw and original. Not forced and uninspired, or trying really hard (and failing) to sound Wu, like Chamber Music, Legendary Weapons etc.

Gona be bumping this all winter.
    These beats are good for "Prodigal Sunn" if you catch my drift. Wouldn't want these on a Wu album. Solid project by P Sunn, Listened to this to and from work this morning. Favorite tracks were the one with Hell Razah, another one with 60 Sec, track with 12 o clock and one solo track he did I can't think of the name Skinny litte kid I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    These beats are good for "Prodigal Sunn" if you catch my drift. Wouldn't want these on a Wu album. Solid project by P Sunn, Listened to this to and from work this morning. Favorite tracks were the one with Hell Razah, another one with 60 Sec, track with 12 o clock and one solo track he did I can't think of the name Skinny litte kid I think?
    completely agree with this.. reading posts like this i went in expecting this to sound like "Soldiers of Darkness" and "5 Arch Angels". listening now for the second time and knowing what it sounds like this album goes hard as hell.. really, really dope LP!! the closest release in the Wu catalouge that i can think of style wise is Hell Razah's "Heaven Razah" and i mean that in the best possible way.

during the lead up to this i had completely forgot that this is actually not P. Sunn's second album, but his third.. in fact i listened quite a bit to his "Hood Chronicles" joint a few years back. it's up for free download via Bandcamp:

https://vigilantpromotions.bandcamp....ood-chroniclez

on another note, i haven't been able to purchase the CD from P. Sunn's site. i put it in the shopping cart but when it connects it says "shopping cart empty". anyone else has this problem and know how to DO WHAT I GOTTA DO?!

Makeeba Mooncycle murked her verse, haven't heard from her in years.. she's Talib Kweli's cousin isn't she?

Masta Killa's verse was insane.. one of the best MK verses i've heard in a long time.

so ill to hear 12 O'Clock and P. Sunn as 2 On Da Road again. i really hoped for an album from them back around the time of "Legend of Liquid Sword" and "The Sting". guess it wasn't meant to be.

"World News" with Killah Priest, suuuuuuuuu!!!

was just about to say every feature came with flames then Leggezin came on haha

60 Second Assassin and Prodigal Sunn on the final track... now that's that classic sound though!
    Last edited by claaa7; 11-03-2017 at 02:31 AM.

@ claaa : e-mail corp member royalsunn if you still can't order. his e-mail address is on one of the previous pages in this thread
    Retired.

albums are being shipped out. mine is shipping next Tuesday (got an e-mail update)
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Can you give us a feedback when you will get your copy ? About the packaging, covers etc...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Makeeba Mooncycle murked her verse, haven't heard from her in years.. she's Talib Kweli's cousin isn't she?

Masta Killa's verse was insane.. one of the best MK verses i've heard in a long time.

so ill to hear 12 O'Clock and P. Sunn as 2 On Da Road again. i really hoped for an album from them back around the time of "Legend of Liquid Sword" and "The Sting". guess it wasn't meant to be.

"World News" with Killah Priest, suuuuuuuuu!!!

was just about to say every feature came with flames then Leggezin came on haha

60 Second Assassin and Prodigal Sunn on the final track... now that's that classic sound though!
    She is p sunns sister...at least, that is what I thought for the last 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Can you give us a feedback when you will get your copy ? About the packaging, covers etc...
    will do. I'll post pictures
    Retired.

I've heard this a few thymes now n it's def some pretty dope ish, but I'm struggling to connect with it as an album. I really wanna love it, cos p sunn is one of my very fave kills bees, n he's obviously tried to please the fans with this joint, but just not quite connecting with it at this point. Every song is good. Some r great. Guests all delivered. Just not exciting me tho. Genuinely really hoping I'll get there with this joint. Def appreciate the direction he took with this album.

PRODIGAL SUN

yeah i agree,, i also want this to be relesed on cd

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    yeah i agree,, i also want this to be relesed on cd
    https://www.psunn.com/shop/the-spark-album/ (here's where you can order the physical)

peace
    Retired.