Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: School me on investments

Default School me on investments

Someone in here plays the stock market, so I'd like to get some basic tips on how to invest. My mother passed away last year and I came into a nice chunk of money and I would like to take just like a grand and invest in some pharmaceutical IPOs and just wanted some begginers tips. I basically want to flip some of my money and hopefully not have to work as hard

Banned

It's an evil white priveleged way to make money.

Shut up you useless sack of shit.
    Of course it is.
    Why should they have all the fun?

I would go to a forum with rich white people who are actually rich and not poor white people who now get 45K a year and are now arch-republicans.

Idk anything about the stock market. Just when I think I get it there's alway something missing so I can't help, sorry.

peep your messages

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Shut up you useless sack of shit.
    Of course it is.
    Why should they have all the fun?

Ouch....

Like TSA said, don't go big game fishing in a puddle of mud.

You trust fund mcflurry bizsnatch.

{>____<}

I just read that Starbucks is a good company to invest in.

Sorry to know about your mother.

'

It's pretty much pointless for the average person in this era, considering you are up against high frequency trading which uses super computers to buy shares in milliseconds and resell them back to you at a higher price.

If you want to invest in something like a silicon valley start-up pre-IPO like an Angel investor.. you need to have a million in assets and net like 200K annually.

I would put some of the money into a Roth IRA so that when you retire and need to withdraw some, it's tax-free. Also maybe buy an apartment unit and rent it out to a tenant or airbnb guests.

{>____<}

^Good.

I was thinking Pandemic could start a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    It's pretty much pointless for the average person in this era, considering you are up against high frequency trading which uses super computers to buy shares in milliseconds and resell them back to you at a higher price.

If you want to invest in something like a silicon valley start-up pre-IPO like an Angel investor.. you need to have a million in assets and net like 200K annually.

I would put some of the money into a Roth IRA so that when you retire and need to withdraw some, it's tax-free. Also maybe buy an apartment unit and rent it out to a tenant or airbnb guests.
    I was thinking the same thing but Idk enough to speak on it. I also feel like you might as well take your money to Vegas. It's all gambling anyways. Dan Blizerian got rich playing poker. What I know about investing is to buy things that will make you money, idk finance too well though. And apartment complex is a great idea.

My dad bought a house from an alcoholic in a hicktown (though threw in a solid plot of land cause he was an alcoholic). He rented it out to 3 sets of tenants and was able to build our house in Nigeria with the earnings. I know these hipsters that bought a shit warehouse looking place and turned into into a really nice share-space. They rent it out for business and personal events, banquets, concert after parties, art shows etc and that's all they do for a living.

I would do something like that. Buy a space and rent it out. The issue with renting to humans is they're really unreliable as my dad came to learn, but if you rent out to events for like 300 a night and get book fri, sat, sun that's 900 a weekend and you won't have to lift a finger. Let alone if you rent for the rest of the week or at a higher price. That way you're not dealing with individuals and their issues. I know once my money looks stronger I'm going to buying (or lease at first) a space I can rent out in the same manner and use as an office as well. There are a lot of small businesses that need an office they can use to momentarily and houston being as diverse at it is the event industry is frucking CRACKIN (Nigerians have 3 weddings per couple, plus mexicans and their 500 deep birthday parties, and indians with their 3 day weddings etc).

If I rent a place for like 900-1200 a month (which is doable here) I can charge 25% the monthly cost per event and use it as a personal office. etc etc. idk about no faggot ass stock market and I personally wouldn't invest a once in a lifetime windfall into something that idk as well as the people in it.

'

Ideal tenants: students pursuing STEM degrees or an old person. They wont party and kick in sheet rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    Ouch....

Like TSA said, don't go big game fishing in a puddle of mud.

You trust fund mcflurry bizsnatch.
    Lol [schwarzanigga voice] that's a good one [/ahnuld]

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I just read that Starbucks is a good company to invest in.

Sorry to know about your mother.
    Thanks breh, she passed late january 2015, but it's still rough. My grandmother also passed in june
    I actually looked at starbucks today, and their value seems to fluctuate. But I was mainly looking into pharmaceuticals

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post

Thanks for the insight. I just wanted to try it out and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    ^Good.

I was thinking Pandemic could start a CD.
    That's what my girlfriend was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but Idk enough to speak on it. I also feel like you might as well take your money to Vegas. It's all gambling anyways. Dan Blizerian got rich playing poker. What I know about investing is to buy things that will make you money, idk finance too well though. And apartment complex is a great idea.

My dad bought a house from an alcoholic in a hicktown (though threw in a solid plot of land cause he was an alcoholic). He rented it out to 3 sets of tenants and was able to build our house in Nigeria with the earnings. I know these hipsters that bought a shit warehouse looking place and turned into into a really nice share-space. They rent it out for business and personal events, banquets, concert after parties, art shows etc and that's all they do for a living.

I would do something like that. Buy a space and rent it out. The issue with renting to humans is they're really unreliable as my dad came to learn, but if you rent out to events for like 300 a night and get book fri, sat, sun that's 900 a weekend and you won't have to lift a finger. Let alone if you rent for the rest of the week or at a higher price. That way you're not dealing with individuals and their issues. I know once my money looks stronger I'm going to buying (or lease at first) a space I can rent out in the same manner and use as an office as well. There are a lot of small businesses that need an office they can use to momentarily and houston being as diverse at it is the event industry is frucking CRACKIN (Nigerians have 3 weddings per couple, plus mexicans and their 500 deep birthday parties, and indians with their 3 day weddings etc).

If I rent a place for like 900-1200 a month (which is doable here) I can charge 25% the monthly cost per event and use it as a personal office. etc etc. idk about no faggot ass stock market and I personally wouldn't invest a once in a lifetime windfall into something that idk as well as the people in it.

That's all very true. One of my friends bought a house and started renting it out, the tenants are effectively paying the mortgage off and he's making roughly $500 a month off of them. I wasn't planning on investing all of the money that was given me (a little over 25k) I just wanted to experiment with like $500-1000. I don't know anything about the stock market either, I just wanted to make a come up so i could buy a cilvaringz weed plate before getting indicted.

There's a bunch of SHIT for sale in the hood, but since it's going to be taken over by hipsters in 3 years or so, it'll be good to buy now. car washes, office spaces, gas stations, warehouses, etc etc. Since they're develop hubs the government will even pay you to own that shit.

Or you can buy soft white and flip that shit into crack cocaine nigga
    Or you can buy a small house, fix it up all pretty and post it up as a boutique hotel on a boutique hotel site. People like renting houses because it's a fucking house and you can contract with places to offer the same services hotels do for your guests. People will rent for like 1-2 months at a time cuh trust, and when they're not renting fuck it just turn the lights off.

Or get a food truck that sells smoothies and tacos or something ironic like that for the whites, and have a mexican drive around schools and events and with funny ironic horn. Be careful catering to white people because they drop things after a year and make fun of other white people in a coy way for patronizing those things well after the expiration date (subway for example)...and leave very bitter reviews over petty subjective things on Yelp and Google.

Or if you're into some overseas type ish, you can buy a container and charge FOBS to fill it with their shit, put it on a boat and send their shit where ever. They're like 1,600 but ppl send cars and give you 2k just to have the car in there. You just sit there and have FOBs pay your bills. You don't do shit. They go to the port, ask for available containers to X country and if you put yours on a boat that goes to that country i'll get filled every em effing day. Especially if its a developing country with a huge diaspora population. You can buy like 6 of them and get like 12k a week. Off a metal box. It'll also help you make headway smuggling dope and human beings.

'

Actually with marijuana most likely being legalized nation wide at some point.. It'd make sense to buy an old warehouse. Nearly all of them have been snatched up out here in the city. You can probably get away with meeting the bare minimum for building code/inspection and just install the proper ventilation & climate control for indoor farming. Possibly make it a shared grow space for boutique style rec & dispensary shops that have a few signature strains.