Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Arabia threatens to pull $750B from U.S. economy

Default Saudi Arabia threatens to pull $750B from U.S. economy

Saudi Arabia threatens to pull $750B from U.S. economy if Congress allows them to be sued for 9/11 terror attacks

Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir (l., with Secretary of State John Kerry) said the Arab nation would sell off $750 billion of its U.S. assets if the controversial legislation is passed.
    Outraged 9/11 families accused Saudi Arabian officials Saturday of blackmailing the U.S. to hide their alleged role as financiers of the World Trade Center terrorists.

The fierce attacks came after a Saturday report that the Saudis threatened to sell off up to $750 billion in U.S. assets if Congress passes legislation allowing its government to be held liable in 9/11-related lawsuits.

Families who lost loved ones in the terror attacks say President Obama, who is lobbying intensively to derail the bill, according to The New York Times, is on the wrong side of the issue.

“I’m furious. This is a slap in the face to the 9/11 families,” said Jim Riches, the retired FDNY deputy chief whose firefighter son Jimmy died in the Trade Center rubble.

“Let them keep their money. We don’t want their money. It’s not worth 3,000 American lives. Call their bluff.”

Riches slammed Obama, five months shy of the 15th anniversary of the attacks.

“How in his right conscience can he do this?” Riches asked. “Meanwhile, they slap us in the face. Stand up for our principles.”

caption;
    TODD MAISEL/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    The bill would allow legal action against other countries in cases of an attack on American soil — which could allow the country to be held liable for the Sept. 11 attacks.
    EDITORIAL: THE UN'S USUAL SUSPECT

Terry Strada, whose husband Thomas was a Cantor Fitzgerald bond broker on the 104th floor, echoed other family voices by urging the Obama administration to stand its ground against the Saudi financial threat.

“Why do they cave in to the Saudi Arabian government instead of protecting the American people?” she asked. “They’re just trying to keep the Saudis’ dirty little secret. We’ve never held them accountable.”

The family members are currently appealing a decision made last year that protected Saudi Arabia from a lawsuit charging the country abetted the 9/11 terrorists. Fifteen of the 19 hijackers were Saudi Arabian citizens.

Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir (inset, opposite page), in a Washington visit last month, informed U.S. lawmakers of the potential sale of treasury securities and other American assets, the Times reported. The move would be necessary to prevent U.S. courts from possibly freezing the assets due to lawsuits.

The move could destabilize the U.S. dollar, experts told the Times.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.2603675

while ya'll aspiring-to-be-assistant-manager white people are worrying about mexicans, people that have no reason to step foot here have long bought this country.

The US is completely for sale. It's actually very alarming and we're all aware of this but we're not factoring how easy it is for countries to come across enough money to start buying. I think Japan and Germany led the way when they bought the US media and got them to start saying that Japanese and German cars were superior quality despite no actual evidence do this. Politians rally at that jewish meeting every year to declare their loyalty to israel

Bernie refuses to go, and white people still think Trump is going to be 'tough', lol. Korea, China, Turkey, the Gulf States, and countless others have all bought shares in the US to make this military and economic machine do what they need it to do. If you want know who's bought shares in America check the 'airline' and tourism commercials on CNN. Hoping Nigerians get with the program soon.

Some of you don't know that the US government pays for Saudis to come here and get free education lol. Not even a scholarship, they just get to come for free for being Saudi. My buddy used to sell them weed.

'

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    while ya'll aspiring-to-be-assistant-manager white people are worrying about mexicans, people that have no reason to step foot here have long bought this country.

The US is completely for sale.
    Ha, we've only been discussing this on the forum in various threads for close to a decade.

I posted something in the election thread about the Clinton Foundation taking massive pay offs to promise the following to foreigners: https://www.intellihub.com/clinton-f...-lands-russia/

'

Kerry gave birth to the concept of spoon-sucking lips

I know as a fact that clinton has taken money from this Chardouary Indian family that has been buying politicI and in Nigeria too.

I'm glad you mentioned a woman cause I want Check Twos take on this

Tsa mentioning whitey once again I see.

I noticed you showed up as I said you would. You're not important to anyone. Cereal or not

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

lol am I missing something here? How will passing a US law/legislation allow the US to sue a foreign government?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

From the picture they chose you can tell the publication is immature so the headline is a d-bags interpretation of the maximum consequence of this situation. Most of the other articles were even stupider

A bluff.

These Arabs (Qataris and Emiratians included) have been financing Mujahideens since Afghanistan and early 80's and I see nothing spectacular in these news. Without strong US support, each and every Gulf state would collapse within few years.

Saudi Arabia is not a sovereign nation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SL33 View Post
    A bluff.

These Arabs (Qataris and Emiratians included) have been financing Mujahideens since Afghanistan and early 80's and I see nothing spectacular in these news. Without strong US support, each and every Gulf state would collapse within few years.

Saudi Arabia is not a sovereign nation anyway.

this

Wahhabism is not islamic

also if this happens, would that mean they would have to stop funding isis too?

Banned

dem Muslims must have really fucked up Nigeria.

You goin hard at em.

Fuck em. They are inbred cousin fuckers.

And that's not just good old fashioned shit talking. It's fact.

Dude shut up

Banned

No dude you shut up.

Stop trying not to act like you know the world cuz you went to Nigeria.

Just. Stop.

Stick to fashion forward button-ups.

'

Lololol