Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RIP to Prince

{>____<}

^Yeah but they're saying pills might've played a role in Prince's death. The man was a worker, no doubt.

he slept 4 hours a night on average

when at Paisley Park he tried to record a new song a day (!) He'd have a song fully done in the early hours of the morning

on tour he had every concert taped. right after a concert he made the other band members watch the whole show with him on a big screen to show them what went wrong, where things could be improved and what worked well. the show would be changed accordingly. EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.
    Retired.

epic

Veteran Member

people die in Syria and nobody says a word.... smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Monk View Post
    people die in Syria and nobody says a word.... smfh
    what are you doing about it pussy? except being a wack troll on the internet...go away

Veteran Member

I have been 2 years there lmao what a faggot

yeah sure, i believe you cornball,. who are you fooling?

ONE minute you a failed wannabe fisherpriced wu dickrider producer, Now you an internet sjw

listen stfu,NO one gives a fuck about your little cause, u wanna save the world,logg the fuck off pussy

lmao @ crying on the internet about social issues

Veteran Member

lol whatever you say dude.
    Your the one makin the same shitty rhymes and raps all your life,besides nobody gives a shit about your wack wu wannabe style.....

hey, has anyone bought those gay beats yet you were trying to sell? LMAO
    http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=120903

im done with you

-

LOL@Drunken Monk and Radioactive Man arguing hahahahahahahahaha. I bet Morris Day didn't go to Prince's cremation burial LOL. Jesse Johnson of The Time said that Morris was mad at Prince years ago for firing Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis of The Time because Prince didn't like them producing music for artists while they were with the group. Morris said he should've been the one to fire them because he was the leader of the group. Jesse told BET's Video Soul host Donnie Simpson that the group members couldn't find Morris for months because he was mad at Prince LOL. Jesse said him and the guys were wondering if Morris was gonna quit singing. Only albums by The Time I like are The Time and What Time Is It. They did a song called The Stick that talks about masturbating hahahahahahahaha. They did another song called If The Kid Can't Make You Come which talks about sex hahahahahahahahaha. That's on Ice Cream Castle album and Jesse Johnson made me laugh at the album pictures because he was wearing a pink suit and pink pants hahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

the Ice Cream Castle cover is a straight up classic

Morris Day & Prince patched things up a long time ago. there was some friction when The Time reformed as The Original Seven (as you know they weren't allowed to use the original name since Prince owed it and he could do with it what he wanted) but then they patched things up again

Morris has been posting a lot of heartfelt messages about Prince's passing on his FB page. he is truly gutted

these guys go back a long long time. morris and prince were in a band (Grand Central, later renamed Champagne) together in their teens, before prince's solo career. morris' mother was that band's manager
    Retired.

-

Thanks for posting that information because I didn't know that. Ice Cream Castle album sucks hahahahahahahahahaha. Only songs I like are Jungle Love and The Bird. 3 guys on the Ice Cream Castle album cover were on Jesse Johnson's first solo album. 2 of them are white and one of them is black. I got Jesse's first solo album and I like the songs Be Your Man, I Want My Girl, Just Too Much, Let's Have Some Fun and Can You Help Me. Jesse wore a pink suit on the back of the album hahahahahahahahaha. The album cover is a painting of him and inside the album sleeve picture, he has on pink pants hahahahahahahahahaha. He did videos for Be Your Man and I Want My Girl. I heard his 2nd album Shockadelica and it's terrible LOL. He did a video for Crazay with Sly Stone and that's a nice jam. It's sad that Sly Stone is homeless and lives in a van but that's his fault because he shouldn't have spent all his money. He's lucky to be alive since he used to be a drug addict.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

apparently the Gap Band recorded this Prince diss, with full animated video lol, in 1985. I was totally unaware of this song before the day

funky track

I read Charlie Wilson felt slighted by Prince in the seventies when they were doing a signing session in the same wrecka stow

another version of the story goes like this : Prince was throwing a party when he was already famous (first half of the eighties) and the Gap Band showed up. Charlie Wilson was high (he had a serious drug problem back then), which Prince noticed. he had his bodyguards throw Wilson out

the animated video refers to some dumb shit P pulled in 1984 & 1985. his bodyguards beat down a paparazzo and he refused to give a girl an autograph. there was also the matter of him not wanting to join in on the 'We Are The World' record. (He submitted a very nice solo song called '4 The Tears In Your Eyes' instead.) people considered this a big L at the time. there's no reference to that in the video though

really liking this diss even though I'm a Prince fan haha
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-24-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    Retired.

-

I didn't know The Gap Band did a video for Disrespect and I love that song. I got their Gap Band VI album that has Disrespect and Beep A Freak is also on the album. Beep A Freak is a nice jam. I remember Charlie Wilson had a drug problem and he said he used to be homeless. His brother Robert died and he played bass guitar. Did you know The Gap Band have videos for Burn Rubber, Early In The Morning, You Dropped A Bomb On Me and Party Train? I love those songs. My mom's brother in Cleveland used to scare me when I was a kid by playing Burn Rubber because at the beginning, a motorcycle noise comes on. So my mom's brother would turn up the sound loud to scare me because he knew I hated motorcycle noise hahahahaha. Rappers Nas and AZ sampled The Gap Band's Yearning For Your Love song on Life's A Bitch song on Nas ILLmatic album. Rap group College Boyz sampled The Gap Band's Humpin song for their Humpin song that they did a video for. Romany Malco who was the lead rapper of College Boyz is a actor now and he was in Think Like A Man 1 and 2 movies with Gabrielle Union, Meagan Good, Taraji Henson and Kevin Hart. He's gonna be in the new movie When The Bough Breaks with Regina Hall and Morris Chestnut. It comes out in September and I saw the previews. The previews look good and I wanna see it. I love Regina and she's hot. She was in Think Like A Man 1 and 2 also.

in 2015 this early configuration of the 1991 album Diamonds & Pearls surfaced

just found out about it now

you can listen to the whole album here https://www.mixcloud.com/ginovannell...e-and-the-npg/

there's some tracks there that didn't make the final cut ('Something Funky This House Comes', the introductory track which gives all of the band members some shine ; also 'Horny Pony' which ended up as a B-side to one of the singles from this album), old outtakes that were supposed to be recycled for this album but again didn't make it in the end ('Schoolyard') and some tracks that sound very different (the ballad 'Insatiable' has a much sparser arrangement ; 'Diamonds & Pearls' has no Rosie Gaines adlibs ; closing track 'Live 4 Love' is sung in a much softer tone)

this was also released as a boot by Silverline. you can buy it on ebay & discogs

all in all an interesting way to revisit this album

2 covers I saw for this

btw my idea is to keep this thread going forever by adding 'new' stuff as I come across it

EDIT : I found a better sounding version in FLAC, you can DL it here https://mega.nz/#!epUGyb4A!9sCGipxVi...aLSjOzWc3QOyEc the password is free4fans
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-28-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    Retired.