Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: RIP to Prince

^thanks for that list - great track too.

nada ignorante

Rip
    N.I.

if anybody would like to hear his very last concert (in Atlanta)... full audio here https://soundcloud.com/talkgoodbusin...the-final-show
    (audience recording)

concert starts at 04:40

Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-23-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Retired.

super fans are experiencing mixed emotions ... a lot of us are getting over the disbelief and are just sad now ... at the same time both casual and super fans have started flooding youtube with concerts, outtakes etc (prince had a lawyer team in place to prevent this before). also avid collectors are now leaking never before released material

you could say the gates are open now. I know a lot of people who are just DLing the tracks without mustering up the courage to listen to them atm

casual fans might have heard prince has an enormous vault of unreleased recordings. they include full albums by The Time too btw. rumor has it there is a detailed will that includes instructions on what to do with this vault. everybody is hoping for these songs to be released of course

to give you an idea of how big this vault is ... I personally have a 55+ CD collection that solely consists of outtakes that were leaked over the years. this collection of course contains various versions of the same songs. stil this collection is bigger than his official output (39 albums). the vault in Paisley Park is bigger than both the official discography and my personal outtake collection together

in the nineties Prince started making videos for EACH of his new songs. so there's loads of unreleased vids too

first to be released will probably be a Purple Rain soundtrack remaster with additional outtakes from that era though. this has been in the works for a while now
    Retired.

Dude must've lived and breathed music. I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    ^^look for Purple Rain, The Gold Experience, Chaos and Disorder (this one has good guitar work but the song writing is lacking a bit), The Undertaker, Lotus Flow3r

The Undertaker is a bootleg. it was a rock oriented album meant to be included with a famous guitar magazine originally. there's also an Undertaker concert vid that might resurface on YouTube

here's a list of songs to check for

Empty Room
    Habibi
    Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive
    Count The Days
    Don't Play Me
    Rebirth Of The Flesh
    Bambi
    Sister
    When U Were Mine
    Zannalee
    The Truth
    The Undertaker
    The Ride
    I Like It There
    Endorphine Machine
    Joy In Repetition

Lets Go Crazy
    Peach
    I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
    She's Always In My Hair
    Shhh
    Dolphin
    Interactive
    Papa
    Paisley Park-long mix
    Why U Wanna Treat Me So Bad
    Last December
    A Million Days
    Cinnamon Girl
    Fury
    The Cross
    Purple Rain

(song list taken from polkadot's post on prince.org)

This is a great list and that Undertaker bootleg is godly.

He does have a ton of unreleased material...way back in the early days of torrent my dad download several gigs of unreleased material.

Retired.

P comes in at the end
    when I posted this earlier on in the thread I didn't feel up to posting the whole story behind this

petty, winwood & lynne didn't want prince on this tribute. at the last minute Rock & Roll Hall of Fame contacted prince again, against winwood and the others' wishes, since the event organizers knew prince really wanted in on this anyway

in the end the deal was that Prince was supposed to play a short solo at the end. but prince was angry with the others and when the time came he kept his solo going much much longer so the others had to keep the song going as well haha. the only one who appreciated this extended solo was dhani harrison (see that grin on his face during Prince's solo)

this also explains why Prince threw his guitar at a roadie and walked off the stage while everybody else was still there

thus a great moment in televised rock n roll was born out of envy, frustration and anger - and not just out of shared respect for george harrison
    Retired.

that guitar ...

off The Undertaker
    Retired.

from the legendary 'Small Club' gig in the Netherlands. fans consider this a top 3 Prince concert ever

that guitar two and a half minutes in ...

the other songs from this gig were upped on youtube too today
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-24-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Retired.

Retired.

from the legendary 'Small Club' gig in the Netherlands. fans consider this a top 3 Prince ever

that guitar two and a half minutes in ...

the other songs from this gig were upped on youtube too today

Warner Bros didn't want this remix of Prince's 'Batdance' featuring none other than Big Daddy Kane to be released. you'll notice the beat is remixed too, it's not just a Kane verse that was added

http://www.mixcrate.com/bombhiphop/p...ode-20-1312839

for more info, peep this interview http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...nap-story.html
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 04-24-2016 at 04:03 PM.
    Retired.

man keep these post coming, lot of good stuff here...this thread has been soundtracking my day