Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Remedy/Talib Kweli Beef

contributing to hip hop doesnt exempt oneself from doing faggoty things

listen to A Better Tomorrow for instance

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Shyheim still takes first place for most embarrassing diss record - 'fat boy fat boy you need liposuction'....sounds like something you'd see carved in Skamp's desk back in junior high.

Everything Talib is doing right now on Twitter/social media is all female traits...being ridiculous. I thought Remedy's diss was pretty good after a couple listens. He took a lot of the ignorant things Talib said and just made him look ever more stupid, maybe even a little desperate. That line, something like 'when you was in NYU...taking notes, I was in the streets, white leather seats with ghost' < especially after Talib being a troll trying to discredit remedy w/ wu. Like the other dude said, the Marbury shoes refrence was great and "your 'beautiful struggle' is you in your bubble'

Remedy had some slick darts for Talib who IMO is a high caliber emcee. For the record too, I've always been a big Talib fan and couldn't name two Remedy songs. Always thought his cameo in Domestic Violence was dope though

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Remedy did good dissing Talib Kelly on that track..

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Talib is dope. Although he needs to back off on twitter ends up looking like a whiny bitch.
    Word up. I liked Talib WAY better when he was just a dude rhyming that you'd see downtown, give a pound & say peace to. Matter of fact a lot of these artists need to chill on that social media shit. Takes away mad mystique. I liked it back when all you knew about these cats was what you read in interviews or little bits of street gossip.

Look, i get that talib is making a fuckboy of himself with this twitter beef with nobodies but to say he isn't worth a damn in hip hop is pure utter madness and foolishness. I am not even big on his music like that but he gets props where due.

it just pains me, he resorts to twitter arguments, it's also troubling when people are questioning the motives of a minority focused on activism in terms of equality for blacks in this country, How can you be part of hip hop and and be uncomfortable with that aspect of the culture when the genre itself since its inception has always had that agenda within it. So it's ok to be down for what it can give you as long as you are excused when those involved in it are disenfranchised socially?

is that it?

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

That was cold