Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlesjones, need your help with this Dramatics mix

-

Did you know The Dramatics sang on Snoop Dogg and Dogg Pound's Doggy Dogg World that they did a video for? I like black comedian Ricky Harris who was in the video and he spoke before they did their performance. He said we got some good looking people in the house tonight and we got some ugly ones hahahahahahahahahahaha. My baby Pam Grier was in the video and she was sitting next to Dr Dre. L.J. Reynolds who's the lead singer of The Dramatics told a funny story to some people at a interview in my hometown Cleveland, Ohio at the rock and roll hall of fame about how The Dramatics got with Snoop Dogg to do the song. He said when Snoop called them, he was surprised because he didn't know Snoop knew about them. Snoop told them about his boss Suge Knight and he said Suge had been in prison before. L.J. said they didn't wanna do the song at first because they didn't wanna be involved with Suge because he's been to prison hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Snoop persuaded them to do the song and they decided to do it. L.J. said when him and the guys got to the studio, Dr Dre was taking too long to finish the song and The Dramatics were about to leave LOL. L.J. said Snoop got them to stay a little longer even though they were mad at Dr Dre for being slow to finish the song LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

that's how I heard of The Dramatics for the first time actually

I didn't grow up listening to soul. local radio only played pop & rock

Dre is known for being a perfectionist when it comes to crafting a beat so I'm not surprised by that story
    Retired.

-

You're right about Dr Dre and that's why it takes his slow ass to come out with a solo album hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. He hasn't had a album out since Chronic 2001 which was 17 years ago LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Lee Towers, check out The Gap Band's Love Triangle song on Krush Groove soundtrack. That's a nice jam. I also like their Steppin Out song on Gap Band II album. Did you know Charlie Wilson is Snoop Dogg's uncle? He's sang on several Snoop Dogg songs.

CJ I think 'uncle' is just an honorary title in this case

like cuzz for same generation friends, uncle for people you respect and are older than you

I have most of snoop dogg's catalogue and I love charlie wilson on there
    Retired.

-

Oh ok hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I didn't know that.

-

Go to Youtube and listen to The Dramatics Why Do You Want To Do Me Wrong song. You can see their Do What You Wanna Do album cover that I told you about that shows them in a elevator with a black woman who they had sex with in the album sleeve pictures hahahahahahahahahaha.

good bass line on that song
    Retired.

-

You're right and I'm listening to it now on Youtube. Check out their songs California Sunshine, Disco Dance Contest, Come Inside, Spaced Out Over You, Ocean Of Thoughts And Dreams(my woman Beyoncé's group Destiny's Child sampled this on Girl song that they did a video for)Music Is Forever, That's My Favorite Song, Life Is Just A Playground, Stranger In My Life, Love Birds, Marriage On Paper Only and Show Me What You Got.

-

Lee Towers, did you know Willie Ford of The Dramatics does concerts with other guys instead of doing concerts with lead singer L.J. Reynolds and his guys? That's weird and I don't know why they would have 2 separate Dramatics groups when they do concerts LOL. Dennis Edwards and Otis Williams of The Temptations do the same thing when they do concerts because they got separate groups LOL.