Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Killarmy f/ Cappadonna "Saturday Night Heat"

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    IDK, Maybe it's just me but I think they aren't using 4th Disciple because #1 his shit is not that hot anymore. Same reason the clan barely uses RZA beats anymore. Not hating, but if your shit is hot someone is going to find you and request your beats. Right now it seems as though Bronze is the only dude being contacted for beats on a consistent basis from VARIOUS hip-hop acts. #2 They could just be trying to prove that they don't need that 4th disciple sound to make an hot album, like a lot of clan members did when it came to RZA.
    Another thing, Like a lot of people on here don't think producers can fall off as well. People really think that 4th can pump out a classic right now, but alot of that is based on the fact of what you last heard in the 90's/00's. Like I said I'm not hating on 4th, he's next to RZA in my book. In any case I'll be on the lookout for what's next...
    Yeah I agree. For me at least i've found 4th Disciple recently to be very hit n' miss. I don't think he's as hot as he once was and I think there are other producer/beat makers that can deliver just as good if not better beats. That being said i'm glad he's still around and collaborating with wu artists. Nothing makes me happier than to see that unity of the old days again...well something to that effect anyway.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    IDK, Maybe it's just me but I think they aren't using 4th Disciple because #1 his shit is not that hot anymore. Same reason the clan barely uses RZA beats anymore. Not hating, but if your shit is hot someone is going to find you and request your beats. Right now it seems as though Bronze is the only dude being contacted for beats on a consistent basis from VARIOUS hip-hop acts. #2 They could just be trying to prove that they don't need that 4th disciple sound to make an hot album, like a lot of clan members did when it came to RZA.
    Another thing, Like a lot of people on here don't think producers can fall off as well. People really think that 4th can pump out a classic right now, but alot of that is based on the fact of what you last heard in the 90's/00's. Like I said I'm not hating on 4th, he's next to RZA in my book. In any case I'll be on the lookout for what's next...
    I think both 4th and RZA evolved into another type of sound. RZA probably got tired of being sued the whole time for sample use. 4th is actually still doing what he always did, it's just that the sound is more clean, and so are the drums in some tracks. You might not like the digital sound, but if you listen for example to Killarm's Fair Love & War song, that's all keyboard, including the drums, no samples. So it's not like it's not possible to create a classic sound with going more cleaner with sound. Sunshower or Projects International is another example of that. It's just that the way things were mixed back then was also key. Budgets allowed for big studio mixing which gave a range of sonic options. No album recorded in a home studio would ever sound as good as Heavy Mental for example. What also counted then was our imagination as to how the Clan and their affiliates were moving back then. I know a lot of my fellow Wu fans all had this image of dark basements out in Staten and Steubenville, weed smoke, liquor, chessgames and Kung Fu flicks playing while RZA and 4th were pumping out classic tracks. Dudes walking in and out of sessions. That's what it sounds like. Listen to What The Blood Clot and you feel a comrade vibe in the studio. This added to the whole Wu experience. And when we found out about how dudes had pretty much gone their own way, it wasn't as organic anymore. And thus the sonic experience suffered from that too. The last greats were Heavy Mental and Silent Weapons. After then Supreme Clientele managed to get that feel back for everyone. I was there for the last 20% of it. I saw Ghost Deini being made and recorded. The original one with the Diana Ross sample. RZA even had Moongod replay the sample so they wouldn't have to clear it. And those sessions felt like the image I had of them when I wasn't around. Clan members walking in and out of 36 Chambers, arguments, kung fu flicks playing, weedsmoke, the whole feel. And Ghost coordinating the whole thing. It's why Chronic 2001 sounds like the original Chronic. Cause everybody was hanging around like the old Death Row days. Tangeray, weed, girls, brothers walking in and out. I experienced 10 days at the Detox recordings in LA and though the music was crazy, it simply didn't have that feel that I imagined was there in the old Death Row days. It was way too organized and not as organic. So this is a major part of classic Hip Hop. It's a moment captured on tape. A certain feel created by the environment one was in. What then bothers me as a fan is not that RZA and 4th (both the best producers in my book too) are not making that type of music anymore, but that I had the chance to be at 36 chambers and the 4th Chamber studio and heard how much they actually had of this shit, and it remains unreleased. Especially 4th had some incredible music.

Oh and social media fucked shit up as well. There's a certain magic to not knowing things and just being surprised. But with twitter we know pretty much anything, where they are, what they, think, when they shit, when there's an argument, etc etc. That's why superstars aren't superstars anymore. No artist will have people fainting like MJ did for example. Cause when you saw him, it was extra special, cause nobody knew how he lived, where he was, etc. In this age I know when Mariah Carey farted in a restaurant and the food she ate that caused that fart to come out. It's a bong bong mentality.

awesome post, I only disagree on the social media aspect

the internet hit the music industry hard and they're still trying to figure out how to make sense of it. The pace of the music industry and pace of the internet are two different things and it's turning into a hot mess. Beyonce for example has people fainting at her concerts, and social media is a big part of why that's possible.

You notice she's not on social her self. She doesn't even have reps tweet often. A lot of artists haven't figured it out (not even her) to the extent they figured out radio and TV before. They're better now than they were 10 years ago. Lil B for example makes his social media presence enhance the music. He does funny ridiculous shit, but if he comes out and says that 'taskforce must protect the based god by all means' then has a song called Taskforce after that shit becomes an anthem to everyone that was laughing at that moment on twitter. People start making their own taskforce videos on how they're going to protect lil b and attacking commenters that hate. So you're watching this shit actually manifest and it's all hilarious and makes the song go even harder.

Others are trying to figure it out and it's a string of desperate messes that de-mystifies them or kills their credibility. Then others do it more than they actually make music (50 cent for example). In the early 2000s it was so new that it was even hard to be a fan of musicians because they kept shooting themselves in the foot and doing dumb shit. Same applies for Reality TV. It can be a tool when it's figured out (though it's just a phase) but a lot of artist think being on a reality show will make them stars and the opposite always happens.

anyways, nice insight. I agree that you can hear the organic feeling on music. When I was making music I was trying to create that and it didn't happen because nobody else 'got it'. When it was time to record they all went quiet or left the room LOL. I was trying to get spontaneity but it would only happen when the mic was off.
    Last edited by TSA; 06-08-2016 at 07:31 PM.

I don't think they would have to sample as much if they thought outside the box. People don't like samples because they're samples, they like it because it's a piece of raw music. From when musicians sang and used instruments. Composed songs and pieced it together like a craft. A lot of original one of a kind concepts are given new life by samples.

But you don't necessarily need the sample to make that happen. Just start being more of a musician. I like ghost's BadBad project because it sounded like actual music. It wasn't over produced, you can hear plucks on guitars, etc. If they injected real instrumentalists into their production, put together original riffs etc it would be solid. I came to find out that 90% of my favorite songs have a bass guitar presence. Not something I sought out or knew about when I got into the songs but I thought about it and it was a common denominator. Just a real guitar or a real drum and you won't need samples and the lawsuits that come with them.

Peace CT

Probably the first Cilvaringz post I didn't hate since "the album" details came about. Peace

My posts are always dope sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    I dont think Burke is replacing Sin, he simply is just not listed as the "featured" rapper like Cappadonna. Killa Beez & Wu members have always had some form of feature without being properly listed.
    https://twitter.com/real9thprince/st...40555376840704

he is tripping hard, without sin or dom, that shit aint killarmy...he shouldn't fool himself

Veteran Member

This will never materialise.

9th talking outta his ass

he's not gonna pull this off

lmao @ getting rza beats btw. yeah that's not happening bro bro

bronze on the beats instead of 4th would be feasible

it wouldn't really be killarmy anymore tho
    Retired.

Dude can't get Dom p on board and he thinks he can get Rza lmfao

Steroids are bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Dude can't get Dom p on board and he thinks he can get Rza lmfao

Steroids are bad for you

Well they are brothers...I think if anyone could get something out of Rza it would most likely be some one in his fam.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

that's true but I don't see rza tossing off more than say 3 beats at the most. apart from wu group albums it's been ages since he's supplied other artists with a album full of signature beats

as I was thinking about this whole thing again it dawned on me that 9th is just tweeting all this killarmy stuff to get some hype going for his solo album (that I'm assuming has been finished for a while now)

btw just to clarity I'd love to get a (real) new killarmy album (4th beats) and/or an album with nothing but rza but imo it's just not in the cards - unfortunately
    Retired.

I doubt Rza will take time out of big budget Hollywood endevours for a Killarmy album, no offense to the army (still my fav group) but it is what it is