Thread: P funk question

Default P funk question

can anyone recommend any P funk records to me that do not involve either george clinton, bootsy collins, eddie hazel, bernie worrell, fred wesley or maceo parker (horny horns)?

I got Parlet & Brides of Funkenstein too already

I'm looking to broaden my collection and check out some new P funk music. but is there anything worthwile that doesn't include the parliament/funkadelic family?
    Retired.

-

I can't answer that because I don't know but I love Funkadelic's One Nation Under A Groove and Not Just Knee Deep classic jams. I got Funkadelic's Uncle Jam Wants You album that has Not Just Knee Deep and Freak Of The Week songs. Rap group Above The Law sampled Freak Of The Week on their classic jam Call It What You Want that also has 2Pac and Money B. They did a video for it and it's on Above The Law's Black Mafia Life album I got. RIP KMG of Above The Law. Lee Towers, have you heard of Slave? They're a 70's funk group from Dayton, Ohio and I love their lead singer Steve Arrington. I like their classic songs Just A Touch Of Love and Watching You. Rap group Kris Kross sampled Just A Touch Of Love on Alright song they did a video for. Rap group EPMD sampled Watching You on Never Seen Before remix. They did a video for Never Seen Before and I wonder why Youtube don't have it. It was on How To Be A Player soundtrack.

I love Mari Morrow who was in How To Be A Player movie. She was the hottest woman outta all the women Bill Bellamy was messing with. She made me laugh when she played Bill by having sex with him at the end and she wrote busted adapt on his refrigerator in red lipstick LOL. She also left her black dress and black bra on his refrigerator and Bill's woman Lark Voorhies saw it hahahahahahahahahaha. Lark yelled Dre Dre, you son of a bitch LOL. Bill said oh shit and the movie went off LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

yeah I know Slave. they were good

I never checked out Steve Arrington's solo catalogue though
    Retired.