Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did most RnB become gay as fuck in the eighties?

Default Why did most RnB become gay as fuck in the eighties?

I mean really, most of this shit is embarrassing to listen to nowadays

sixties and seventies still sound cool as fuck

whatever happened?
    Retired.

Thumbs up

edit
    Last edited by communist cunt; 06-06-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    "I know that after my death a pile of rubbish
    will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of
    History will sooner or later sweep it away
    without mercy."
    - Iosif Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili

Where do I start?

Boyz II Men, Guy, Babyface, Color Me Badd, Keith Sweat, Luther Vandross, New Edition, Bell Biv DeVoe etc etc
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-20-2022 at 02:56 AM.
    Retired.

-

You can't be serious hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The 80's was the best decade for r&b music because there was a lot of funky groups. I'm gonna name some.

Cameo
    The Gap Band(RIP Robert Wilson)
    Midnight Star
    Lakeside
    Zapp(RIP Roger Troutman)
    Kool And The Gang
    The Time
    Con Funk Shun

Most of these groups came out in the 70's but the music they did in the 80's was better. Kool And The Gang wouldn't have been any good if James Taylor hadn't joined them in the 80's when he was the lead singer. I didn't like a lot of their music in the 70's. James joined them when they did Ladies Night album which was in 1979. He made a bad mistake leaving the group in 1987 to go solo. He only did 4 solo albums that nobody paid attention to and that sucks because he's a good singer. He's one of my favorite singers. The Jacksons are my favorite r&b group and they did 2 good albums in the 80's that are Triumph and Victory. Victory was the last album Michael did with his brothers and I got that album cover on my Facebook page. Love the album cover. Triumph album cover is nice too. I also like their self titled album cover that came out in 1976 and has the songs Enjoy Yourself, Think Happy(they did a video for this), Keep On Dancing, Blues Away and Show You The Way To Go(they did a video for this). That was their first album after leaving Motown and Jermaine was replaced by Randy.

Lee Towers, some of the artists you named came out in the 90's like Boyz II Men, Color Me Badd and Bell Biv Devoe. You typed Keith Sweat twice LOL. Bell Biv Devoe's Poison album is a classic and I watched Poison video yesterday. I got Poison album cover on my Facebook page. I also like their Hootie Mack album and they did videos for Above The Rim, Show Me The Way and Something In Your Eyes(I watched this yesterday and Babyface and LA Reid produced this song. Ronnie Devoe had a black woman come in the bathroom while he was in there and they were kissing hahahahahahahahahaha. He put his finger in her mouth and she kissed it LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

You can't be serious hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The 80's was the best decade for r&b music because there was a lot of funky groups. I'm gonna name some.

Cameo
    The Gap Band(RIP Robert Wilson)
    Midnight Star
    Lakeside
    Zapp(RIP Roger Troutman)
    Kool And The Gang
    The Time
    Con Funk Shun
    notice I did not name these bands. CUZ INDEED THEY ARE FUNKY

I'm now gonna take 2 hours out of my supposedly busy schedule to read the rest of your long ass post haha

I'm not familiar with Lakeside by the way, gonna go listen to some of that now and get back to you on them
    Retired.

-

The Deele came out in the 80's and Babyface used to be with them. I got their first album Street Beat. They had jhericurls and wearing makeup looking like women in the album pictures hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Street Beat is their best album and they only did 3 albums. Babyface left them and became a solo star and producer. LA Reid also left the group and him and Babyface started their record label Laface which put out several artists in Atlanta. The record label was in Atlanta. LA Reid used to be married to singer Pebbles who had the hit songs Mercedes Boy, Girlfriend and Always. She was cute when she was young. She did a duet with Babyface that was a hit but I can't remember the song. I love Mercedes Boy song and I watched the video last week on Youtube.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

Check out Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage classic video and rapper Coolio sampled it for his song of the same name that was a hit. I listened to Lakeside's Fantastic Voyage song at home today because I got the album. I love Fantastic Voyage album pictures and I noticed they always had their album covers painted hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I listened to some Lakeside songs just now and they're okay
    Retired.

YLee Towers, some of the artists you named came out in the 90's like Boyz II Men, Color Me Badd and Bell Biv Devoe.
    yeah I meant from the 80s onward

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    You typed Keith Sweat twice LOL.
    that's cuz 'dude' is extra gay

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    He put his finger in her mouth and she kissed it LOL).
    goes to prove this dude is suspect too. you know a real dude would have throatfucked her
    Retired.

-

You said Keith Sweat is extra gay hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm sure he's gotten more pussy than you LOL. Ronnie Devoe of Bell Biv Devoe has also gotten a lot of pussy I'm sure LOL. Black women love him the most outta New Edition and he recently got married a few years ago because I saw a video of the wedding on Youtube.

to answer your question: keyboards + coke + drum machines + jheri curl

marvin gaye's last album sounds terrible compared to his 70s output

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    Where do I start?

Boyz II Men, Guy, Babyface, Color Me Badd, Keith Sweat, Luther Vandross, Keit Sweat, New Edition, Bell Biv DeVoe etc etc
    Lol I love a lot of that shit. Guy and Teddy Riley in general are dope.

Debarge are like the gayest band ever but their music is pretty fantastic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I mean really, most of this shit is embarrassing to listen to nowadays

sixties and seventies still sound cool as fuck

whatever happened?

I think society became more homophobic, but you bring up a good point. I think things like that fluctuate through time as opposed to gradually improve. There will be another GAY-WU-BANGER era, and it might be now with Ilovemakonen, Young Thug, Lil Wayne, and Lil B.

The gaywads of the 80s made incredible music. I think there's a level of cool you hit where that shit starts looking real gay because there's no cooler people in history than Micheal Jackson and Prince. Then there's just being gay which is different.

Michael was literally gay