Thread: Killah Priest - 'Esoteric Knowlegde' ft. Tha Mark of Buddha

Default Killah Priest - 'Esoteric Knowlegde' ft. Tha Mark of Buddha

Retired.

It only makes sense that Priest went in that direction with his music, but, boy, is it hard to follow or relate to most of the time. As well as his youtube podcast which features a lot of, let's say, interesting guests with unusual names.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquel View Post
    It only makes sense that Priest went in that direction with his music, but, boy, is it hard to follow or relate to most of the time. As well as his youtube podcast which features a lot of, let's say, interesting guests with unusual names.
    I tried following it, also the podcast, but it really is not my cup of tea. He lost me
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

He kinda lost me when i asked him on super-chats "What books or sources would you recommend for someone who is interested in studying the history of Ancient Egypt?" His answer was along this lines of "I don't know, just go to the museum i guess..."
    I can see the value of that advice, but it was really not what i expected from a person who comes across as a scholar of history of ancient civilizations, lost cultures, etc.
    I'm sure he perfectly understands the type of audience he's reaching out to. I guess i'm not a part of that audience. Not my cup of tea either.

That is a strange answer, especially coming from him. Because going to a museum would often mean viewing the history of ancient Egypt through the lens of the established scholars. Which sometimes can be very white, and has been growing concern in the last years as far as I know. Old white men tend to bring a certain narrative with them. So just visiting any museum would not do I think.

But hey, that's just my quick idea with that reply and having seen some of his shows which sometimes are more inline with the Ancient Alien shows.

I kind of interpreted it as being a good starting point, seeing the artifacts, feeling the energy, feeding the curiosity, going from there, seeking the truth, etc. etc. Still not the answer i was expecting from freaking Killah Priest, maybe that's a problem of my expectations.
    But I get what you are saying though and totally agree with that. One needs to be able to filter the bs narrative of old farts who built their entire careers telling people lies.

But, hey, from the amount of guests he gets, number of people hanging in the chat and discussing all that stuff, he sure found his audience.

Can't hate on man's pen skills. Will forever be one of the greatest lyricists and poets.

What a good combination is, is reading up, and than visiting the museum. With that, you can immediately place the artefacts within their context and notice the details. One does indeed not go without the other. But just visiting the museum will sell yourself short.

Priest has become a content person with an audience indeed. There is always a lively discussion going on in the comments of his 4 hours shows, and there is loads of people coming by. (It was also interesting to see some of the stuff people were sending in, music wise.)

Veteran Member

I feel like if I listen to this with headphones on it will melt my brain lol