Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching E3 ??

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    So consoles come out every 2-3 years now? Lol

I see France are a DLC for battlefield 1 what a fail that is.
    That seems like the plan. The scorpio and PS4 neo will come out next year, so thats 4 years. But they just upgrades at the end of the day. This could be a move against the new Nintendo, which is rumoured to be able to run games at 4k and will use cartridges. But knowing Nintendo its probably got some dildo as a controller.

Now theres also cross play between the Xbox and Windows 10. Microsoft doing the right stuff but they could have done this 3 years ago. Look at the Xbox one S, its not got the power brick anymore, it looks much better. If they did that at first they might have sold more systems.

Banned

I see the new Xbox potato is coming with a keyboard and mouse ? Lol I mean at what point do you just invest the console money in to a PC and get actual performance to money machine? Since these consoles have become upgrades have become prebuilt poorly designed computers, kind of going against what they're supposed to be.

Cross play with Windows 10 users will have to be limited in some way to give console users a chance because unlocked FOV and a keyboard + mouse in an FPS for example would be extremely bad for the console players so I can't see it being as revolutionary as they hope. Xbox to PS4 would be interesting.

Microsoft said they'll be rehearsing games on steam which is good because their current store is AIDS
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

New consoles coming out every two to three years would oversaturate the market and cause a second version of the Video Game Crash of 1983. It is kind of like how from 2001 onwards the oversaturation of artists ruined rap. It sounds good on paper but is bad

Banned

Well the Potato 360 came out here early 2006, potato slim in 2010, potato one in 2013 and this potato Scorpio or whatever it's called in 2017. I'm sure the Sony potato lineup has gone similar, they release bigger initial consoles so they can release special slim ones which are essentially HDD upgrades lol so every 4 years a new one comes but isn't the charm of a console that you don't need to upgrade? Once you've bought your prebuilt limitation machine you don't need anything else? Except now you need the upgraded prebuilt limitation machine how can there be a market crash where console manufacturers are ripping off dopey customers like this?

The funny thing about this new Xbox potato is its not released until end of next year and it still won't match up to my computer which will be 2 1/2 years old by then.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

GFX wise the Xbox will blow your computer out of the water unless you just just upgraded to the new GFX cards that just released this month as those GFX cards are only a Tad bit faster (GTX 1080 boosted) then the stats for new xbox in 2017. 4k wise older cards wont match as they don't support or its not even worth playing in 4k as it would be slow and glitchy as no GFX released before 1 month ago will be able to render 4k at 6o hz

The GFX is is still better then the GTX Titan which is $1000 card released last year and can only render 4k at 30 hz.

Only thing a computer will better in is Processing speed. Both Computer and Xbox will have the same cores but the speed of the xbox will be a tad slower but it really doesn't matter much as with consoles your only focusing on one process and not multiple like a computer that runs a ton straight from start up. New Xbox will be around 2.8 ghz, most Chips in computers with 8 cores run 3 ghz and of course it goes up the more money you spend and or overclock. but of course overclocking will lead to needing better cooling and not just using fans. The $2k to $4k chips have 22 cores but only run at 2.5 GHZ as the focus is cores which can run a shit ton of processing for networks or workstations for Movie and music production.

So Yes a Newly Built computer built with in this month with top parts will blow the Xbox out of the water in gaming at 1080p but still will only be a tad better in 4k. if everything was focused on gaming.

Pre dated computer parts wont match 4k gaming and will be a tad slower in 1080p gaming. Now if your stacking 3 titan x's $3k worth of GFX cards in older computers then it will be able to match and or go beyond in 1080p gaming but still wont match 4k gaming capability's of the new xbox which is design for 4k gaming and vr.

Now of course when it comes to workloads of running a ton of programs and running heavy load programs for rendering 4k movies in Adobe Premier then any computer built with in the last 4 years will out preform any console

But who really cares, soon consoles will morph into full on computers as now you don't need a console to play xbox games...you can use your computer. All the games are digital now.

The upside to a console is price. You will need to spend $2k or more to build a computer that will out perform the upcoming console. $900 will be in a GFX card alone. Down side to anything gaming will come down to servers and the speed the server will let mass amounts of players run at before bogging down.

The Upside to a Computer built today is well you can do more then match or out perform a console in gaming but it will also be a work horse in building movies, music and photos while running a few programs at the same time.

My computer built 4 years ago that cost me $1600 (no screens or keyboards just computer parts) is now obsolete and cant hang in the gaming world. Let alone anything 4k will kill my computer. Im not a gamer any way as i focused on rendering movies and music production and of course social media through forums like this one.
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 06-17-2016 at 07:54 AM.

Banned

You absolutely do not need to be spending $2k to get a computer that's on par with a console, seriously where do you people come up with this shit? You can easily build quality computers for less than $1000 the problem is people don't have it in them to do research for parts and put it together.

Your computer that you built is obsolete lol you did a fucking terrible job building your computer.

The majority of the computer hasn't embraced 4K anyway, the overwhelming favourite is 1080p and 60fps and a lot of people were scoffing at the GPU's. If you think it takes $2000'to compete with a console you have your head up your arse, the world famous potato masher was built for the price of a PotatoStation 4

The whole joke is that the potato Scorpio is next year doing what PC could do years ago, something the majority of the community didn't embrace because they're not a community to fall for buzzwords. And by the time it comes out? It'll still be behind the PC game.

The only positive is now the Xbox can't hold back games anymore. Games across all platforms suffered because of the Xbox inferior hardware but now it shouldn't happen. Otherwise it's just funny to see the peasants buy glorified pre-built computers.
    Last edited by The Hound; 06-17-2016 at 10:58 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Your computer that you built is obsolete lol you did a fucking terrible job building your computer.
    Agreed, I built my rig in 2010, Fair enough its had gpu upgrade in the last 2 years, But i'm happily ploughing through Doom with maxed out settings @ 1080p.

The majority of the computer hasn't embraced 4K anyway, the overwhelming favourite is 1080p and 60fps and a lot of people were scoffing at the GPU's. If you think it takes $2000'to compete with a console you have your head up your arse, the world famous potato masher was built for the price of a PotatoStation 4
    4k Gaming doesnt even appeal to me, 1080p + 60FPS+ is good enough, My next upgrade will probably be Oculus Rift. I'll probably go for a 4k setup when they're cheap as chips. you know the time when peoples 4k setup is ""obsolete" and 8K UHD is the only way... lol

You absolutely do not need to be spending $2k to get a computer that's on par with a console, seriously where do you people come up with this shit? You can easily build quality computers for less than $1000 the problem is people don't have it in them to do research for parts and put it together.

The whole joke is that the potato Scorpio is next year doing what PC could do years ago, something the majority of the community didn't embrace because they're not a community to fall for buzzwords. And by the time it comes out? It'll still be behind the PC game.

The only positive is now the Xbox can't hold back games anymore. Games across all platforms suffered because of the Xbox inferior hardware but now it shouldn't happen. Otherwise it's just funny to see the peasants buy glorified pre-built computers.
    in All reality computers are obsolete after a year due to new tech and newer released games demand more

again only way to mach the New xbox the GFX is to buy the new $800 GFX card anything less wont compete in the GFX department its a fact same gos for the new PS4. you will need to buy the GTX 1070 card for comp in order to compete.

I Bet $1k on you cant build a Computer sub $1k...Bring bench marks list parts. $800 will be going to you GFX card lol. Any other GFX card wont due to be on par with the new consoles dropping. Again, I could care 2 shits about it as i dont play games on console of computer. I just build Computers.

Here are the stats you have to beat. List your parts that will beat them along with prices.

PS4 Neo: Rumor Price -

GPU - 4.14 TFLOPS, 218GB/s GDDR5 8GB memory
    (Only gtx980ti and GTX1070 match performance)

CPU - 8-core, 2.1GHz
    Ram - 12 gig
    Harddrive - 1tb ssd

Xbox Scorpio: Rumor price - $600us

GPU - 6 TFLOPS, 320GBGB/s GDDR5x 8GB memory
    (Only GTX 1080 can match and beat performance) (GTX 1070 will adventully be able to match and out perform when it comes to its end of life cyle after driver updates)

CPU - 8-core, 2.1GHz 2.8GHz
    Ram 16gig
    Harddrive - 1tb ssd

CPU -
    MOBO - (Must have sound interrogated or pick out a sound card to add to list)
    Cooling -
    Ram -
    GPU -
    PSU -
    Hard Drive -
    Case -
    Controller -

Total price -

Now of course if you have a built computer with decent parts you will only be spending $800 but were going all new.
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 06-18-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    This is correct. I Was just making the statement that a 5 year old comp will not blow away the new consoles dropping. If your Comp cant render 4k at 60hz it cant run with the new consoles as the consoles clearly has more power in the gaming department. Upgrade the GFX card and your good. Just save $800 for one.