Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK wants to leave EU, politician is murdered over the debate

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    The truth of the matter is simple.

It's an unprecedented vote. With pros and cons that will not be seen for at least the next 24+ months.

Nobody knows what is going to happen yet. anybody from either side of the vote claiming to at the moment is full of shit.

Typical media scaremongering going on.

People thinking you can call a second referendum makes no sense. You can't just keep voting over and over till you get the vote you're happy with.

Be interesting to see what happens in london over the next 6 months.

All this has shown me is people don't give a fuck about each others rights to vote. "my vote was more important than your vote blah blah blah"

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    This is why there should be an age limit on voting. Old people shouldn't be allowed to vote when they don't have to live with the consequences.
    So the people that have worked and paid taxes all their lives to keep the country going should have no right to vote because they're old..

People with no life experience, no contribution paid into the world that they've so happily been living in since their birth should stop the people that have brought them up in the world from voting..

I even see something earlier about changing the age of voting to 15-16.. hahaha

Life Experience: CountStrike:Go, Facebook, and High School..

Quote Originally Posted by cj wisty View Post
    haha repped man.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    so Labour is imploding today

Tories were TKO already

UKIP's dandy says he never said the money that went to the EU would now flow to the NHS

more political trouble in Scotland & Northern Ireland in regards to their position within the UK

RIP The City too, you just know a lot of banks etc. are gonna up and leave

young people wanting to remain in the EU being cut off by grannies who think they lived in the golden age of the British Empire

the UK fucked up big time in putting immigration and its economic consequences before the general economic situation (the bigger picture) and before internal political stability

the rhetoric used by important figures within the EU shows they are gonna give the UK a hard time in negotiating new deals just so other countries don't dream of getting out. too bad for the UK

the problem of the EU remains that people don't realize what part of their lives it makes a difference in. it is unbelievable how many lies about the EU and the (dis)advantages to the UK both camps in the Brexit debate got away with. it just goes to show the EU doesn't informs its citizens what exactly the bureaucrats in Brussels are doing for them

in other words an all around fail

I had predicted people in the UK would have been too afraid to vote LEAVE cuz of all the changes. I was wrong

Scotland is moving really fast on getting legislation in order to have another referendum about independence. I think Scotland will vote out of the UK. but I might be wrong again lol

from an outsider's perspective the situation in Northern Ireland seems more complicated. doesn't look like a reunion with the Republic of Ireland is in the cards already but maybe some terms might be renegotiated with the rest of the UK that might benefit the position of Northern Ireland within the UK (as in : more independent governing power)

good to have a lot of people on here who are in Ireland, Northern Ireland, England & Wales (Sky Blue? not sure), I love hearing the insider's perspective. too bad the Scots aren't posting anymore (Kerzo and em)
    shit never saw this lol. to be fair to farage he never was part of the leave campaign. he wasnt allowed in because they thought hed turn people off. so he never claimed all that money would go to the NHS plus. that was a slogan of the leave campaign.

i dont think you can just ignore old people as some kind of bad or incorrect vote. i can sympathize with young people being angry but its democracy.

i think there was lying on both sides of the campaign tbh. some of camerons claims were just plain funny.

i think the general feeling people here were getting was that the EU just didnt listen to us. cameron promised us that the EU was going to give us all these good deals so wed remain in the EU but he came back with diddly squat.

theres also a feeling that the EU is too bureaucratic and the people in power arent held accountable and can do whatever they want. plus theres too much red tape with silly regulations that cant be removed.

silly rules like moving the parliament from brussels to france

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ng-circus.html

people think of this as showing the EU has too much red tape.

theres alkso a feeling that the EU heavily favours france and germany over us.

i dont think much will change in northern ireland. in fact dont think anything will. our assembly is pretty independent here. which is why we were able to oppose paying water bills for so long and why our uni fees are about a third of mainland britains uni fees.

the only thing that could change is people might not be able to get an irish passport anymore. at the moment you can have either a british or irish passport or both. when it was announched britain was leaving the EU lots of people here swarmed to get irish passports so if everything does go tit ups they can use their irish passport to travel around and live in the EU easily lol. in fact i think theyve run out lol.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by cj wisty View Post

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9cLwoTkWes

incase the embed stops working.

This was an interesting watch.

Nicola Sturgeon (Scottish PM) claims Scotland can undo the Brexit since there's a law that could be interpreted in that Scottish parliament has to okay the Brexit for it to actually happen

not holding my breath on that one though. cuz even if this legal thingy is legit Sturgeon still needs another party to collaborate as the SNP doesn't have an absolute majority (don't know what the term for this is in English) in the Scottish parliament
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    Retired.

Banned

If you want to ban old people from voting then I would say go a step further and ban anyone who doesn't pay taxes on record from voting for that cycle.

Anyone who is not contributing to the "system" should therefore have no say because they have no stake invested for said election year.

Banned

If old peope can't vote because they don't want to get with the future, then you can make that same arguement for any voter. All voters will vote for self serving interests. That's the whole point of voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    If you want to ban old people from voting then I would say go a step further and ban anyone who doesn't pay taxes on record from voting for that cycle.

Anyone who is not contributing to the "system" should therefore have no say because they have no stake invested for said election year.

i have no objection to this, as long as you are able to live freely outside of said system, which would mean the agents of the system, should leave you alone if you do not break any common laws/legislation...

nice in theory...

'

Ha, it's pretty bold to say old people shouldn't vote. You don't stop being a 'person' at a certain age. Plus you have to factor in the amount of research and progress that is currently underway to reverse the aging process. It's rumored the first person to live to 1,000 may of already been born. Let's shitpost on Wucorp for eternity!

George Galloway on the coup against Corbyn

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGeo...4221853780797/

lolol

trolls trolling trolls

The idea that if a vote doesn't go your way it was illegitimate is pretty dangerous to democracy as a whole.

Though Hilary openly rigged.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    The idea that if a vote doesn't go your way it was illegitimate is pretty dangerous to democracy as a whole.

Though Hilary openly rigged.

A lot of people especially in the City of London are pissed. (By the City I mean the central part with all the business not the ghettoes). I have heard a lot of people echo the same thought 'why is my vote equal to that of some uneducated twat in the North'. Now if this came from the posh wankers i would understand their elitism, but its people from the poorer backgrounds who grew up in council estates saying this. Its a dangerous thought to have.

{>____<}

^Not only that but the value of the pound is going down everyday. It wasn't a smart thing to do.