Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK wants to leave EU, politician is murdered over the debate

Default UK wants to leave EU, politician is murdered over the debate

the Brexit has been looming large over Europe for a while now. there's been a heated debate in the UK for months with the government pushing for the UK to remain part of the EU, but facing resistance both from other parties and even from some people within the government

both sides have been campaigning thoroughly

today a pro Europe Union politician was shot three times and stabbed afterwards after leaving a campaign meeting in a library (no charlesjones). she died in the hospital not too long after the attack

according to witnesses the dude that offed her shouted 'Britain First', which is an extreme right nationalist party that has no seats

another person was wounded in the attack as well

the assailant (52 year old male) was captured by the police

Jo Cox, who had only been a member of Labour for about a year

both sides have temporarily suspended their campaigns
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-16-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Retired.

Always going to be some looneys running about.

It's why i've always thought the ban on weaponry was pointless.

If you're a criminal/looney and you want a gun, you'll find one, regardless of them being ilegal.

RIP to who ever she was.

Banned

It's not surprising.

No doubt nationalistic movements are going to gain more popularity with what's happening in Europe right now.

The world is never going to be ready for unification under a "One World" flag. The Unitrd Kingdom still has its issues.

Europe is too different from eachother. Too much history too many different languages and cultures.

The U.S. Will eventually break up too as it becomes more segregated through increases diversity.

It's almost did once and everyone was the same ethnicity back then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    Always going to be some looneys running about.

It's why i've always thought the ban on weaponry was pointless.

If you're a criminal/looney and you want a gun, you'll find one, regardless of them being ilegal.

RIP to who ever she was.
    This was the arguement the American constitution authors made.

When a government seized its weapons it makes the people powerless. Especially law abiding citizens.

It empowers criminals with an advantage.

But you're going to have more gun violence.

I don't know.

Put a gun to my head on the issue and I'd rather have mine then have to turn it in.

Britain First and UKIP are scum. But this stuff was bound to happen and is only gonna get worse in Europe.

Honestly both sides in this argument can be accused of using fear mongering of its people. If we leave we will enter a serious depression that the country will never recover from. If we stay we will all be raped by immigrants. Britain thinks its better and more important than everyone else in Europe anyways. Those days are long over.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Goombah View Post
    It's not surprising.

No doubt nationalistic movements are going to gain more popularity with what's happening in Europe right now.
    Agreed.

The world is never going to be ready for unification under a "One World" flag. The Unitrd Kingdom still has its issues.
    The UK problem is mainly religion based. People are getting more and more tired of having Islam thrown down their throats, It'll kick off bad sooner or later.

Europe is too different from eachother. Too much history too many different languages and cultures.
    I don't see that as a bad thing. Not saying you do either. But the countries should be proud of their soverignty. 1000s, if not millions of people have died in Europe in wars over the soverignty. They shouldn't be so willing to chuck it all away.

The EU is hell bent on creating it's own version of the USA, Along with it's own EU Army.

The U.S. Will eventually break up too as it becomes more segregated through increases diversity.

I can see that happening aswell.
    It's almost did once and everyone was the same ethnicity back then.
    As far as i'm concerned Religion is the curse of man-kind.

The world would be much better off without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Britain First and UKIP are scum. But this stuff was bound to happen and is only gonna get worse in Europe.

Honestly both sides in this argument can be accused of using fear mongering of its people. If we leave we will enter a serious depression that the country will never recover from. If we stay we will all be raped by immigrants. Britain thinks its better and more important than everyone else in Europe anyways. Those days are long over.
    I don't think it's a case of feeling more important.

It's more of a case of the average person born and bred in the country have had enough with being governed by a non elected wannabe super power.

No english person I know wants the be governed by the EU. They want to remain part of the "common market" which is all the EU should of ever been.

It's a state with a failed currency with dreams of grandeur to be a single super power like the US.

The EU's end is near. Couple more years to go at most..

Just look at germany printing billions of Deutsche Marks.. Really shows their belief in the EU lasting.

Edit:

Just googling the EU, looks like Switzerland have just withdrawn it's bid for membership to the EU.
    Last edited by Origin™; 06-16-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    Just look at germany printing billions of Deutsche Marks.. Really shows their belief in the EU lasting.
    thanks for mentioning this, gonna look into it
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    thanks for mentioning this, gonna look into it
    Was a few years ago I read about it, cannot remember much. There was a massive amount of money unacounted for.

Banks and people waiting for the Euro to crash.

The Brexit campaign will fail. But the EU will end in 5-10 years.

Why is this not deemed an act of terror? man shouts political slogan belong to an ideology while killing a member of parliament and its simply an attack.

Man shouts allah u akbar and its terrorism the fucking double standards is amazing.

This country will most likely vote out of the EU, I think its a bad decision. People are delusional if they think the UK will gain power by leaving the EU and our problems will be fixed.

How very typical of the anti EU people.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Why is this not deemed an act of terror? man shouts political slogan belong to an ideology while killing a member of parliament and its simply an attack.

Man shouts allah u akbar and its terrorism the fucking double standards is amazing.
    good point

This country will most likely vote out of the EU, I think its a bad decision. People are delusional if they think the UK will gain power by leaving the EU and our problems will be fixed.
    I'm only on the outside looking in unlike you but personally I don't think the Brexit will happen. I'm with you on the UK losing out in the end if they were to leave the EU
    Retired.

The polls suggest people will vote out, not by a large margin but you never know, with this incident today, things might swing.

I don't like the Brexit campaign at all, i will vote to remain in the EU. The EU has its faults but its childish to just leave when things go bad, try to fix it instead.
    Last edited by HANZO; 06-16-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Banned

What's that old saying?

If it's a black person it's gang related
    If it's an Arab/Muslim it's terrorism
    If it's a white person it's a single mentally ill person that acted alone and doesn't represent the population.

Well I'm reading locals say "he was a loner with a history of mental health problems" lol it's almost like it's on cue
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.