Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have people stopped pretending Fishscale was an outstanding album?

Veteran Member

It's a cool album but I too don't get all the praise for that album. It could've definitely been trimmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    i remember catching alotta heat for calling this album mediocore at best, ALOT OF HEAT
    I remember a dude on here pleading with me to give it another chance and trying to convince me it was an outstanding album because rolling stone and other critics said it was, lolz.

'

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    hahahahaha
    dude is retarded. Why would you sign up to be the weed carrier of your peer?
    I wonder if the rise of Uber is linked to him having enough free time to pump out all of his new 'music'.
    Lmao if anything switching to Uber would put money back into his wallet. The prices for corporate and individual Taxi medallions are at record prices.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/15/ny...vers.html?_r=0

thats why i think he gave up the DIGGLA cab and started rapping again. Maybe he's saving up to buy an Uber worth car? I imagine his cab smelling like mentholated hair products and Cool Water

'

I imagine he'd have a custom LIFE OF A LESBO vanity plate

hahahahaha there's no way that guy wrote anything on the pillage

^some of the lyrics on the pillage are terrible. None are above average.

Classic album no less.

wow, i don't believe this... "Fishscale" is a dope album, it's a little poorly mixed and there's a few filler tracks but overall its a very strong effort from Ghost, and along with "No Said Date" and "Grandmasters" it was one of the albums that really got me back on the Wu bandwagon.

Ghost did an excellet job on here, both finding excellent beats that really worked for him and created a cohessive feel and some terrific verses.. first time i heard the Dilla songs (which was before i heard "Donuts") i was rewinding those like crazy, especially "Strap". such a beautiful song and such a perfect marriage between artist and producer.

except for "Jellyfish" and the mixing of "9 Milli Bros", DOOM supplied HEAT and worked really well with GFK's style.. "Underwater"? "Clipse Of Doom"? not to mention Pete Rock who absolutely murdered "RAGU" (phew), "Dogs OF War" and "Be Easy" (and "Chunky" but that wasnt released til' way later.... "Crack Spot" and "Barbershop" (especially the OG version, extended) is excellent too... you got incredible story telling on this album, crime stories, abstract shit, heartfelt social commentary like "Momma" and i don't even mind "Back Like That".. the real misstep is the BIG track, i always SKIP that and there's a couple of others but overall it's so much better than "The Pretty Toney Album".

had the few weaker tracks been replaced by the best songs from "More Fish" (a far inferior album, though still dope but bc it's more of a mixtape), it would have been iller... "Alex", "Outta Town Shit", the joint with Killa Sin and Cappa that DOOM produced and maybe 1-2 more.

can't believe this forum, EVERY SINGLE person in here, suddenly thinks this is a wack album just because Noel said so, smh

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I like most of it. I don't like the beat for The Champ and 9 Milli Bros, and I don't care for Back Like That or Momma. The rest of its pretty fucking good though.

"The Champ" is a monster imo.. the only problem i have with it is the mixing, which goes for a lot of songs on that album. Pete Rock was really disapointed in the mixing of "Be Easy"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Funnily Claaa, 3 Bricks is the only track I play from this!

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post

can't believe this forum, EVERY SINGLE person in here, suddenly thinks this is a wack album just because Noel said so, smh
    if you say so...

http://wutang-corp.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=173

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    wow, i don't believe this... "Fishscale" is a dope album, it's a little poorly mixed and there's a few filler tracks but overall its a very strong effort from Ghost, and along with "No Said Date" and "Grandmasters" it was one of the albums that really got me back on the Wu bandwagon.

Ghost did an excellet job on here, both finding excellent beats that really worked for him and created a cohessive feel and some terrific verses.. first time i heard the Dilla songs (which was before i heard "Donuts") i was rewinding those like crazy, especially "Strap". such a beautiful song and such a perfect marriage between artist and producer.

except for "Jellyfish" and the mixing of "9 Milli Bros", DOOM supplied HEAT and worked really well with GFK's style.. "Underwater"? "Clipse Of Doom"? not to mention Pete Rock who absolutely murdered "RAGU" (phew), "Dogs OF War" and "Be Easy" (and "Chunky" but that wasnt released til' way later.... "Crack Spot" and "Barbershop" (especially the OG version, extended) is excellent too... you got incredible story telling on this album, crime stories, abstract shit, heartfelt social commentary like "Momma" and i don't even mind "Back Like That".. the real misstep is the BIG track, i always SKIP that and there's a couple of others but overall it's so much better than "The Pretty Toney Album".

had the few weaker tracks been replaced by the best songs from "More Fish" (a far inferior album, though still dope but bc it's more of a mixtape), it would have been iller... "Alex", "Outta Town Shit", the joint with Killa Sin and Cappa that DOOM produced and maybe 1-2 more.

Word up, agree on everything u said.

{>____<}

I always thought Fishscale was fantastic! It's one of Ghost's best work.

Does anyone have all of the verses of "the champ"? leading up to the release of the album there were like 3 or 4 different versions of the song, with different beats, different verses, they originally had actual soundbytes of Mr. T and Burgiss Meredith from the Rocky movies instead of impersonations, etc...J-Love used some of the verses that were discarded for the Hidden Darts compilations (James Bond in the Octagon with two razors...)

I feel like I'm tripping but I definitely remember mixtapes and online leaks prior to the release of the album were different.