Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have people stopped pretending Fishscale was an outstanding album?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I remember a dude on here pleading with me to give it another chance and trying to convince me it was an outstanding album because rolling stone and other critics said it was, lolz.
    ill do you one better

alot of people started boycotting my music on here, it actually hurt my feelings, i cried for days in the shower and contemplated suicide....

lets just say the belt was too weak and it snapped so i decided to logg back on here

nah but seriously, cats literally told me they would boycott my shit and they did, you gotta give it to the ghost "riders", they are a dedicated bunch

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    you gotta give it to the ghost "riders", they are a dedicated bunch
    lolz, that's why 13 years on I'm still trying to balance things out
    Last edited by noel411; 06-26-2016 at 04:19 AM.

ugod said to me

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    wow, i don't believe this... "Fishscale" is a dope album, it's a little poorly mixed and there's a few filler tracks but overall its a very strong effort from Ghost, and along with "No Said Date" and "Grandmasters" it was one of the albums that really got me back on the Wu bandwagon.

Ghost did an excellet job on here, both finding excellent beats that really worked for him and created a cohessive feel and some terrific verses.. first time i heard the Dilla songs (which was before i heard "Donuts") i was rewinding those like crazy, especially "Strap". such a beautiful song and such a perfect marriage between artist and producer.

except for "Jellyfish" and the mixing of "9 Milli Bros", DOOM supplied HEAT and worked really well with GFK's style.. "Underwater"? "Clipse Of Doom"? not to mention Pete Rock who absolutely murdered "RAGU" (phew), "Dogs OF War" and "Be Easy" (and "Chunky" but that wasnt released til' way later.... "Crack Spot" and "Barbershop" (especially the OG version, extended) is excellent too... you got incredible story telling on this album, crime stories, abstract shit, heartfelt social commentary like "Momma" and i don't even mind "Back Like That".. the real misstep is the BIG track, i always SKIP that and there's a couple of others but overall it's so much better than "The Pretty Toney Album".

had the few weaker tracks been replaced by the best songs from "More Fish" (a far inferior album, though still dope but bc it's more of a mixtape), it would have been iller... "Alex", "Outta Town Shit", the joint with Killa Sin and Cappa that DOOM produced and maybe 1-2 more.

can't believe this forum, EVERY SINGLE person in here, suddenly thinks this is a wack album just because Noel said so, smh
    ^Pretty much how I feel, don't know how you can hate this album. This, Linx 2 and PWOWR are the best wu releases in the past 10 years for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Does anyone have all of the verses of "the champ"? leading up to the release of the album there were like 3 or 4 different versions of the song, with different beats, different verses, they originally had actual soundbytes of Mr. T and Burgiss Meredith from the Rocky movies instead of impersonations, etc...J-Love used some of the verses that were discarded for the Hidden Darts compilations (James Bond in the Octagon with two razors...)

I feel like I'm tripping but I definitely remember mixtapes and online leaks prior to the release of the album were different.
    ^I only remember two versions, the one with the original samples and the album version.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

iirc there were mutliple versions with the original samples; they kept tweaking the beat and moving verses around but over a decade of consistent marijuana use and chronic masturbation may have adversely affected my memory.

i actually put this album on based on this thread, and I think it holds up really well aside from the shitty mixing on some of the tracks. The only place it loses points with me is appearances from cappadonna, wigs, and trife, and that it is too long and if you shuffled in some of the bangers from 'More Fish', and dropped some of the lesser tracks you'd have a classic for the ages.

PRODIGAL SUN

Is it classic , no. But you lost for saying more fiah was a better album. Not even close.

What songs on it are better than:

Shakey dog
    The champ
    Ragu
    Whip you with a strap
    Clipse of doom

Beat songs on it are street opera , gunzrazorsand josephine which was on hitek album
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 06-26-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    i actually put this album on based on this thread, and I think it holds up really well aside from the shitty mixing on some of the tracks. The only place it loses points with me is appearances from cappadonna, wigs, and trife, and that it is too long and if you shuffled in some of the bangers from 'More Fish', and dropped some of the lesser tracks you'd have a classic for the ages.
    I skip Jelly Fish, Barbershop, Momma and Three Bricks. Maybe they could have swapped them out with More Fish tracks but I think they could have lost them all together also and it wouldn't have mattered as it's a long album as it is. As mentioned earlier a better idea would have been to do a double album.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    wow, i don't believe this... "Fishscale" is a dope album, it's a little poorly mixed and there's a few filler tracks but overall its a very strong effort from Ghost, and along with "No Said Date" and "Grandmasters" it was one of the albums that really got me back on the Wu bandwagon.

Ghost did an excellet job on here, both finding excellent beats that really worked for him and created a cohessive feel and some terrific verses.. first time i heard the Dilla songs (which was before i heard "Donuts") i was rewinding those like crazy, especially "Strap". such a beautiful song and such a perfect marriage between artist and producer.

except for "Jellyfish" and the mixing of "9 Milli Bros", DOOM supplied HEAT and worked really well with GFK's style.. "Underwater"? "Clipse Of Doom"? not to mention Pete Rock who absolutely murdered "RAGU" (phew), "Dogs OF War" and "Be Easy" (and "Chunky" but that wasnt released til' way later.... "Crack Spot" and "Barbershop" (especially the OG version, extended) is excellent too... you got incredible story telling on this album, crime stories, abstract shit, heartfelt social commentary like "Momma" and i don't even mind "Back Like That".. the real misstep is the BIG track, i always SKIP that and there's a couple of others but overall it's so much better than "The Pretty Toney Album".

had the few weaker tracks been replaced by the best songs from "More Fish" (a far inferior album, though still dope but bc it's more of a mixtape), it would have been iller... "Alex", "Outta Town Shit", the joint with Killa Sin and Cappa that DOOM produced and maybe 1-2 more.

can't believe this forum, EVERY SINGLE person in here, suddenly thinks this is a wack album just because Noel said so, smh
    Claaa i think everyone would be thankful if you reuppes all your custom mixes of albums like this that are now deleted from ya blog. I emailed you about pretty toney revisit cause its down. It would be awesomw if you could on a site like mediafiee that wont go down. Ill reup them whenever they go down after that if you cant be bothered. You did great jobs with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Nose Kid View Post
    I skip Jelly Fish, Barbershop, Momma and Three Bricks. Maybe they could have swapped them out with More Fish tracks but I think they could have lost them all together also and it wouldn't have mattered as it's a long album as it is. As mentioned earlier a better idea would have been to do a double album.
    there's also a longer version of barbershop with an additional verse and iirc without the intro that's better than the album.

Jelly Fish, Momma and Three Bricks stick out like a sore thumb on the album; the latter two because of the production and Jelly Fish because Wigs and Cappa suck animal phallus.

fishscale is a great album .. obviously not as good as SC or ironman .. noel is clearly trying to use this as a cover up for coming out as a homosexual ... shame on you !

^that diss was far too clever for me to even attempt a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    you gotta give it to the ghost "riders", they are a dedicated bunch
    There u go, however many years later and I still got called a homosexual for not liking this bland as fuck album. Mega Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    There u go, however many years later and I still got called a homosexual for not liking this bland as fuck album. Mega Lolz.

yeah never rode the fishscale hype train either, it definitely has its moments though. I still think 'Underwater' is one of the greatest wu tracks of all time