Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People you can depend on

{>____<}

Question People you can depend on

Family, friends, associates, etc. If you need cash, a place to stay, a car, and other things, do you believe they'll be there when you need them?

I'm often there for a lot of people.

i hate putting myself in those situations and thus never have (its usually the other way around)...but yeah in those unlikely events im sure the extremely few people I associate with would have my back

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    i hate putting myself in those situations and thus never have (its usually the other way around)...but yeah in those unlikely events im sure the extremely few people I associate with would have my back

Good for you, though. Some don't have that luxury. You'll look out for people but when it's your time, people aren't around or they simply don't want to help you.

yeah we look out for each other. got some friends who'd help out, and the other way round. family too
    Retired.

My family for sure, i'm lucky to have them. My girlfriend has held it the fuck down during crunch time over and over too.

Banned

You can only depend on yourself
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    You can only depend on yourself
    That's the problem. It seems that most of the regular members who people who they can rely on if they get into money trouble, a place to stay, back up, etc.

I see where you're coming from. People will mess with you because you're in need of their help.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 07-04-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Family, friends, associates, etc. If you need cash, a place to stay, a car, and other things, do you believe they'll be there when you need them?

I'm often there for a lot of people.
    one of the greatest lessons you are gonna learn in Life is always be independent about things, and always have a contingency plan, you can never ever trust anything with emotions and the limits of human feelings

My family is absolutely unavailable and unwilling to help in any situation. I was thrown to the wolves as a teen by my egg and sperm donors and had to carve my own path ever since. A God of my understanding, and my wife are the only ones who ever considered helping me thru a rough patch.

The kicker is - I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face

Banned

I'm the only one in my life that cares about me so I'm the most dependable person I have. I take it badly when I let myself down. You learn the hard way eventually that you are the only person you can depend on, you especially learn the hard way you can't depend on a woman.

Be a man and look after yourself.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    one of the greatest lessons you are gonna learn in Life is always be independent about things, and always have a contingency plan, you can never ever trust anything with emotions and the limits of human feelings
    GROWN MAN TALK

but yeah theres s cousin or two that help me out. couple low lifes about who fuck with the operation n delay giving me my fucking money back or dont give it back. the Joe Budden lyric comes to mind: tried to help niggaz...some niggaz I couldn't. thats my mum in me I love niggaz I shouldnt.

some dudes want me to turn Michael Lee (The Wire) on them before they listen

I really don't believe in having friends after a particular phase in life. It's really a childish attachment that it's built for adult expectations. If you have a wife and kids (not saying everyone should) and career, when will you find time to make attachments to people for no reason other? If you're not the one that doesn't have time, enough people around you won't have time for it to be the general norm in your life at a certain age.

Right now I'm trying to grow a business, so my friend will have to be the people in the process making it happen and they're only in the process for their own benefit which is fine. I tried having friends and a plan before and they feel more entitled to your time and resources than they should. I think the mistake is relying on 'friends'

some ppl don't have families they can rely on and that sucks too. I think cutting off family that isn't beneficial perfect sense too. If you can't rely on them but they can rely on you fuck em.

Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think the mistake is relying on 'friends'
    Yeah. Is this person a real friend or just a great associate? I've made this mistake so many times.

some ppl don't have families they can rely on and that sucks too.
    People just have a lot too lose because they don't have a support system, especially men.

If you can't rely on them but they can rely on you fuck em.
    People just can't turn their back.

what yall need is a big brother who was BIG's brother