Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People you can depend on

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Yeah. Is this person a real friend or just a great associate? I've made this mistake so many times.

People just have a lot too lose because they don't have a support system, especially men.

People just can't turn their back.
    Not turning back, just putting yourself in a position where you don't 'need' them. Makes the relationship better when you only have good times to look forward too when you meet instead of who owes who what money and who said what about how. Coming to the table as a whole that doesn't need anything external and knows why they're coming to that table.

Some people are just going to drag you the fuck down, wear you out, or be adverse to you growing and developing. Even within your family. You're not obligated to deal with these people

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

Some people are just going to drag you the fuck down, wear you out, or be adverse to you growing and developing. Even within your family. You're not obligated to deal with these people
    I totally understand what you're and it makes sense. Sometimes, you have to cut people off.

True story. At the shelter (2011), came across a married couple who had three small kids. They didn't appear to be bad people at all, just in an unfortunate situation. The question that came to my mind is "How'd they end up here?" Sucks because they had a look of defeat on their faces. Where were their family and friends after he had lost his job and unemployment ran out? People'll say they'll be there for you but when it hits the fan, people run. I can recall the staff giving him a hard time in front of his kids.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 08-15-2016 at 01:26 PM.

I can't stand some of the staff at these places. Their #1 kick in life is feeling like they're better than the people they're serving which to me is the sign of a loser.

I'm luck cause my family is pretty tight knit though I have too much ego to ask for help when I need it. In 2012 I had the worst year ever. Lost my job, licence, car, got arrested twice (driving suspended and random attack by a police officer). I was going to move to DC the following year (2013) but I thought I would have time and resources to prepare. My sister put me on to Houston and I visited the summer of 2013 and liked it. She let me move up there, stay with her and her husband for 6 months till I got a job and some savings. I even got my job cause of her. Anytime she needs something from me I don't even think twice. Even if it's inconvenient for me

She moved to North Carolina so I'll be watching her kids in the day while her husband is at work since I work from home anyways for about 2 months.

At the same time there are people in my family that take advantage of the situation. I had a cousin from Nigeria come here for an oil conference and didn't even tell me. I offered to pick him up at the airport and take him to the hotel and once he was in the car he started asking to stay with me. I let him and it wasn't 24/hrs until the guy felt entitled to me and my girlfriends time, car, and resources. We both had work the follow monday and he didn't care what so ever, just making requests like an asshole. I had to tell him to go somewhere else.

Veteran Member

I really don't believe in having friends after a particular phase in life. It's really a childish attachment that it's built for adult expectations. If you have a wife and kids (not saying everyone should) and career, when will you find time to make attachments to people for no reason other? If you're not the one that doesn't have time, enough people around you won't have time for it to be the general norm in your life at a certain age.

Right now I'm trying to grow a business, so my friend will have to be the people in the process making it happen and they're only in the process for their own benefit which is fine. I tried having friends and a plan before and they feel more entitled to your time and resources than they should. I think the mistake is relying on 'friends'

some ppl don't have families they can rely on and that sucks too. I think cutting off family that isn't beneficial perfect sense too. If you can't rely on them but they can rely on you fuck em.
    That is a depressing post.

All my life I have been alone, without friends.

I always thought when I was a teenager "maybe in my 20s I'll have some friends" and now I think "maybe in my 30s I will have some friends"

All I have ever wanted to do all my life is kick it with the homies.

That's one thing that appeals to me about living in the hood. There are always people around everyday. That's why groups like NWA and Wu-Tang appealed to me. And Eminem with his D12 crew. I always yearned to roll with a clique that would have my back through thick and thin.

Some of us cats in the white picket fence isolated suburbs don't have that. Especially if you aren't a fan of social media which I am not.

One of the many things I like about Xzibit is that he seems somewhat isolated even though he used to roll with Dre and Em he seems to be one of those cats who keeps his head down and doesn't seek attention but keeps a lot of things bottled up until the point where he gets volatile which is something I can relate to. That is one of the unique things about X that appeals to me and that feels relatable.

Yes I know forever alone smiley, cry me a river etc. I have to say I don't agree with what you say TSA, I want to keep the dream and hope alive.

I want to finally have the friends that I never had.

On the subject my definition of a friend is someone who actually wants to talk to you and catch up with you. I tried in my teens to have friends, but they never really cared about me if I wasn't in the immediate vicinity.

They were facile, superficial relationships. To be considered a friend to me someone has to prove themselves worthy. They have to take an interest in me, they have to want to catch up with me, etc, etc. I don't suffer superficial fools gladly.
    Last edited by Wu-tang Fan; 08-16-2016 at 02:53 PM.

I'm always friends with 1 or 2 people at a time, but yeah I would have liked that group dynamic growing up as well. It's funny you said that but that's one of the things I think is cool about wu-tang's dynamic. my dad has 10 brothers and they're pretty much the same way so i've always grown up around that but never really had it. I had a 'group' in highschool but I was only really friends with 1 of them and cool with the rest of the school on a pretty equal basis. I also think i need more male friends but i'm not into all the dumb shit they want to talk about (sports, doing boring shit like playing cards and pool).

whenever i would go out with my 'group' i would come and go at times that weren't sync with everyone else. There was a strip of bars in my old town and I would walk into a bar, if none of the girls were feeling it, i would walk out, then go to the next throughout the whole night lol .

The city was small so you always knew 1/5th of the people at any given bar and if i ran into someone I knew i would stop and talk/hang out. But when I would go with the group we would have to get total consensus before moving from one place to another and that drove me crazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-tang Fan View Post
    That's one thing that appeals to me about living in the hood. There are always people around everyday. That's why groups like NWA and Wu-Tang appealed to me. And Eminem with his D12 crew. I always yearned to roll with a clique that would have my back through thick and thin.
    lmfao

Some of us cats in the white picket fence isolated suburbs don't have that. Especially if you aren't a fan of social media which I am not.
    yes it's too bad we have jobs and get through a regular day without violence, I find myself praying to eat griiiiiits for dinner and to stroke pet roaches I'd call Herb, Rusty and Jimmeny in the decrepit bedroom of a shanty town

One of the many things I like about Xzibit is that he seems somewhat isolated even though he used to roll with Dre and Em he seems to be one of those cats who keeps his head down and doesn't seek attention but keeps a lot of things bottled up until the point where he gets volatile which is something I can relate to. That is one of the unique things about X that appeals to me and that feels relatable.
    Xzibit got licked on daily like he was some hallucinogen toadstool by all Pimp My Ride overexcitable Gen Xers, Gen Yers & Sideshow Bawb endorsed Millennials

On the subject my definition of a friend is someone who actually wants to talk to you and catch up with you. I tried in my teens to have friends, but they never really cared about me if I wasn't in the immediate vicinity.
    I'm talking to you. I am not your friend

I don't suffer superficial fools gladly.
    here's to hoping there are no mirrors in your particular white picket fenced isolated suburb
    Retired.

if my friends didnt call/ txt me I probably wouldn't have any lol. I literally never contact them even my best friend who I've hung out with every week for years, unless they call me first. I love being by myself to a crazy degree so if I don't hear from anybody its a plus

^^basically same over here
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    lmfao

yes it's too bad we have jobs and get through a regular day without violence, I find myself praying to eat griiiiiits for dinner and to stroke pet roaches I'd call Herb, Rusty and Jimmeny in the decrepit bedroom of a shanty town

Xzibit got licked on daily like he was some hallucinogen toadstool by all Pimp My Ride overexcitable Gen Xers, Gen Yers & Sideshow Bawb endorsed Millennials

I'm talking to you. I am not your friend

here's to hoping there are no mirrors in your particular white picket fenced isolated suburb
    I think you have miss understood my post. I am not superficial at all. Friends are people you can trust, who have your back.

Btw what I mean about Xzibit is that yes he does do guest verses and have other people on his albums but he seems like quite a private guy who keeps his thoughts and feelings bottled up from listening to his albums this is an impression I get.

I am like that as well, if I am at work for example and someone pisses me off (at the moment I work in a supermarket part time) I won't say anything, but if they piss me off in the same way again I will metaphorically nuke that motherfucker by confronting them verbally and physically intimidate them a bit but without touching them.

I can be volatile to be around, like people probably get the feeling I could body them for the slightest infraction if they push it.

I think Xzibit has that similar personality and also he is fairly isolated like I am.

Although I do have a yearning for a big clique like the Wu.

a lot of whiney girlie men in this thread

not as girlie as your momma's pussy

{>____<}

I'm luck cause my family is pretty tight knit though I have too much ego to ask for help when I need it. In 2012 I had the worst year ever. Lost my job, licence, car, got arrested twice (driving suspended and random attack by a police officer). I was going to move to DC the following year (2013) but I thought I would have time and resources to prepare. My sister put me on to Houston and I visited the summer of 2013 and liked it. She let me move up there, stay with her and her husband for 6 months till I got a job and some savings. I even got my job cause of her. Anytime she needs something from me I don't even think twice. Even if it's inconvenient for me
    Good to know you recovered.

At the same time there are people in my family that take advantage of the situation. I had a cousin from Nigeria come here for an oil conference and didn't even tell me. I offered to pick him up at the airport and take him to the hotel and once he was in the car he started asking to stay with me. I let him and it wasn't 24/hrs until the guy felt entitled to me and my girlfriends time, car, and resources. We both had work the follow monday and he didn't care what so ever, just making requests like an asshole. I had to tell him to go somewhere else.
    Crazy.

NOT SO FRESH. NO G BOBBY JOHNSON's Avatar

not too many people you can depend on in life

I got a couple people who have me covered, and I'd do the same for them. Moved out in July, and as soon as I had my new place, my ex gf and my friends were down dropping off things just to get me started. Nothing huge, just food, coffee, weed, etc. But it's the little things that show people are there. Then when anything major does come up, in my life or theirs, then we already know that nobody is doing anything alone. It's pretty cool having that with friends, because aside from my mother, I don't really have an family. So I see a lot of my closer friends like a second family.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hartigan View Post
    I got a couple people who have me covered, and I'd do the same for them. Moved out in July, and as soon as I had my new place, my ex gf and my friends were down dropping off things just to get me started. Nothing huge, just food, coffee, weed, etc. But it's the little things that show people are there. Then when anything major does come up, in my life or theirs, then we already know that nobody is doing anything alone. It's pretty cool having that with friends, because aside from my mother, I don't really have an family. So I see a lot of my closer friends like a second family.
    That's good luxury.