Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz, how do you feel about this?

Default Cilvaringz, how do you feel about this?

First of all, this thread isn't to bring you down or anything, because I really don't give a shit.

So it's some thyme now since the whole OUATIS thing happened, and it seems to have been pretty well forgotten by everybody. Which is to say nobody gives a shit anymore. It seems the only thing you achieved with this whole thing is a pretty nice paycheck. Good for you. I don't know if you have a family to support or whatever, but if so then you did well.

But on the other hand, if you had released this album normally, so that the fans actually could have experienced it, who knows what might have happened? If it's as good as you say it is, and as it certainly had the potential to be, then at the very least you would have caused a big stir among Wu fans. Potentially you might have generated a buzz among the wider hip hop community and achieved some very positive recognition for it. Maybe even put the Wu back in the spotlight to a degree.

Especially after the disappointment of ABT and 8D, this album might have ended up going down in Wu folk lore as the much longed for classic album we haven't heard in so, so many years.

Instead all you got is that paycheck. I guess you were trying to make a statement or whatever, but you failed in that. Nobody cares anymore.

Just wondering how you feel about the decisions you made with your album, in hindsight?

Banned

I'm pretty sure they're both happy with how it happened
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

When I make music I think its just fun if I can make something that I would enjoy and buy. If somebody else buys it thats great.

In this instance its definitely weird. You deprive your fans, and mostly other artists fans of music for money.

We've asked this many times before, or I have. Its your personal beliefs and ethics though. Ringz thinks selling your music to slimy businessmen who don't care about music is cool. The ends justify the means. In my opinion it completely defeats the purpose of music - to make people happy. Only one guy is 'happy' and he didn't even press play.

Banned

Don't act like you wouldn't sell your shit to somebody for $2m, you wouldn't give a fuck if nobody heard it or not.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    Don't act like you wouldn't sell your shit to somebody for $2m, you wouldn't give a fuck if nobody heard it or not.
    I wouldn't sell it if I knew that result. Thats my whole point. How many groupies can I get if one man heard my music? The answer is one man.

Banned

You're a liar lol

You can still make music and release music after selling an album for $2m and continue with the artistic bullshit

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

If I were in ringz's position, unless I desperately NEEDED a lot of money for a specific purpose, there is absolutely no question I would have preferred to put my work out there for everybody to hear, even if I made fuck all money from it. Maybe even if I made nothing.

That's the point of music. I'd love to be in a position where I could make music people wanted to hear.

And if it were true that he doesn't even have access to the album himself now, which I don't believe for a second, that would make the whole thing a complete waste of thyme to me. I couldn't deal with it. I'd sooner keep the one copy for myself and not make a cent from it.

Shaolin Master

Did Skhreli and this album just checkmate Wu?:

https://twitter.com/martinshkreli/st...65345219117056

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee25 View Post

Shkreli's just trolling
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    Shkreli's just trolling
    you'd think people would of understood that shit by now.

Shkreli is a super troll. The guy loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee25 View Post

If there is truly a clause in that deal that says there can't be another album under the Wu-Tang Clan banner then fuck this gay earth.

With that said, Shkreli is actually a pretty entertaining (Also, highly autistic) troll..

Wish I could've heard OUATIS because I'm a fan of Ringz production but it doesn't matter at this point.

Move along

Quote Originally Posted by #StonerSloth View Post
    You're a liar lol

You can still make music and release music after selling an album for $2m and continue with the artistic bullshit
    Haha ok. Maybe I would, but then I certainly wouldn't set up this nonsense scenario in the first place, so I wouldn't.

Veteran Member

Bottom line is, Ringz is in this for the money only he doesn't care about the fans, the culture etc. He only say's in in words but his actions are different as we have all seen.
    He is a businessman and so from where he stands he has used the Wu name to make very good business, and for that i respect him as a businessman, but i double shit on him a rapper/producer/musician/artiste etc. Cos he ain't none of 'em.
    If Rza and Wu had sold 36 chambers to one man, nobody would have heard of Ringz.
    It was because Wu put out the music for the whole world that hear that's how come Ringz is even mentioned.
    And for him to come up with this pure bullshit idea, is one sick joke.
    I bet in 88 years, nobody will give 3 flying fucks about this album.
    And oh! that jerk of a man called Martin has not and won't even listen to the damn album.
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Y'all act like you're entitled to this album but Ringz doesn't owe you anything. If he wants to sell one copy, let him go ahead. Artistic projects call also be for a select group of people. Do we get to see all the paintings in the world? No, because some are privately owned. But we can still enjoy the ones that are displayed in museums.

It's not like a new Wu-Tang album these days will sell much more than one copy anyway.

De mijne is 4x duurder!