Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cilvaringz, how do you feel about this?

at the most I'm willing to say Michael Jackson had Peter Pan syndrome (like Peter Pan & the writer of Peter Pan himself, who didn't want to grow up - the writer never consumed his marriage) and therefore surrounded himself with kids, just to talk to and live a childhood he himself never really had. (also think of the Neverland ranch itself.) this could have been a result of emotional and possibly physical abuse of his father

at worst there's the recent reports of sick footage found at MJ's place. Sha's analysis on MJ seems on point
    Retired.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spiggity_ace View Post
    all well and good the clan did something cool for art and got paid and whatever.

But what the fuck, when it comes to doing an actual album for the fans, wheres the 6 years of work? wheres the getting together and making a double album? instead of mailing in an "a better tomorrow" why not sit down and actually do work.

you know it looks like the clan is just making an album for one corporate dude cuz he's willing to pay money for it, instead of pleasing the fans for the album. music is to be made for people to enjoy, not one guy to enjoy

hopefully shkreli drops the album for free, it's sad that the end result of 6 yrs of hard work and clan music all goes to one dude. to me it's a slap in the face of the fans.
    Unfortunately in this day and age, it's economically unviable for a Wu-Tang album to be made the way you think it should be done. I agree it's the only way, but there simply isnt enough budget for an album like that to be made.

It's a shame that all those fags care about is money.

Doesn't cost much to get together and make an album if you're not worried about how much money you're gonna make from it.

Fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    So the 13 minutes Rolling Stone wrote about hearing at the MoMA was what? Oh yeah let me guess, we sold Martin an empty CD and told him to imagine the music. some of you man...
    you dogged us cilva (which i respect, for it's humour value) but the way you've pretended like you didn't irks me.

Unfortunately in this day and age, it's economically unviable for a Wu-Tang album to be made the way you think it should be done. I agree it's the only way, but there simply isnt enough budget for an album like that to be made.
    I don't wanna be an asshat, but didn't rza & you strike gold financially with OUATIS? does this mean RZA is not willing to upfront some of that OUATIS money to record a new album 'the way it should be done'? I'm not saying he should do that - you can all make your own decisions obviously - I was just wondering if it is naive of me to think about things this way. clearly I'm not a business insider so some added perspective would be welcome
    Retired.

So are we ever going to learn the significance of "Post 100" or was that more meaningless bullshit?

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1980 View Post
    I still appreciate cilvaringz. If he releases new music I would buy it. The 5 million album thing is old. Get over it.
    Cause youre prolly corny.

Lol at anyone listening to cilvaringz. If wu aint on it noone would care. Fuck i care bout a rich eurocac rapping bout how he hates america while he profits off american culture.

Dont be a cornball JASON

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Cause youre prolly corny.

Lol at anyone listening to cilvaringz. If wu aint on it noone would care. Fuck i care bout a rich eurocac rapping bout how he hates america while he profits off american culture.

Dont be a cornball JASON
    lol if you don't care why are you constantly posting in this thread tho? still feeling bad about something that happened last year huh? you crying gangsta tears? move on like the rest of us

lmao @ rich eurocac rapping about how he hates america. the only thing true about that is that he is rich now. good for him haha

keep that hate in yo blood, I'm sure it gets you through the day
    Retired.

I see what you're saying, this is the clan's lively-hood, but didn't gza say we do this for the art and not for the charts.

so what you're telling us is that the music is just for the money at this point, and it's not worth making a great album for the fans anymore.

I thought wu was big in europe and they still got tours over there, even in NA and SA. I remember waka talking about how much money he gets from european tours.

Again, I guess in the end it's just about the money now, not about the music.

^no wonder most the music they put out now is shit. What can u expect when they're only doing it for a paycheck?

I dont get the issue, the album wasnt going to put back on top. This album was something like Wu-Chronicles, or The Swarm. A compilation album, and I doubt there would have been enough to revert the tides from ABT.

Plus ABT was happening at the same time of OUATIS, so they would just get canibalized or just make sure that the people was confused enough to not know which was the real thing.

Also most of the outside hiphop community knew about this shit, they still keep asking about it to most of the wu memeber interviews. N.O.R.E. asked rae last week about it and rae kinda shrugg it off since even him didn't know how the album end up.

^^on point
    Retired.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

It wasnt a compilation album, believe me, it was cohesive, like the 90s bunch. If anything it's most similar to Forever

What did Post 100 mean though?